Naples

regg1216

There are not any really good hotels in Naples--so we usually only stay overnight. The train to Pompeii runs on to Sorrento--which has many excellent hotels--I would stay there and take to short train ride to Pompeii.

How ridiculous - a major city for both business and leisure travel, of course there are wonderful hotels and fabulous restaurants in Naples.

For Americans afraid of anything unfamiliar there's even a beautiful Marriott property right in the historic center:  https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/napbr-renaissance-naples-hotel-mediterraneo/

Breakfast in the rooftop restaurant is quite special.

If you stay overnight in Naples you'll also have time to spend a few hours in the archaeology museum after seeing Pompei, where many of the artifacts from the ruins are  housed.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:08 PM, euro cruiser said:

How ridiculous - a major city for both business and leisure travel, of course there are wonderful hotels and fabulous restaurants in Naples.

I was scratching my head on that one also...

• 2 months later...

Also spend a day in Naples. We did the "Street food " tour that I booked through Viator. It was one of my favorite excursions.

We went to a lot of little foodie places that we would never of gone into before. Sometimes when you are in a foreign place and don't know the language it can be a little intimidating. But we ate so much food and different stops through the little streets. I would definitely recommend something like that also. It's fun to immerse yourself in their culture. I did this last summer, and glad I did before the pandemic.

https://travlintheworld.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:08 PM, euro cruiser said:

Totally agree!  BTW- the City Sightseeing Bus has a wonderful bus designated for Pompeii.  We caught it near the port. Perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in Naples.