L&S Guarantee Cabin

Has anyone had a problem with L&S guarantee cabins?

I have L&S 3 Guarantee Balcony Ocean View cabins from Allure August 2020 to Odyssey August 2021

2 cabins have 2 people in.  The new invoices for these have come and are fine.

The 3rd cabin is also a double occupancy cabin with just me in it.  But they have added another me onto the new invoice. When I called RC today I was told this was because there were no guarantee cabins for one person so they have issued the new invoice showing 2 people in my cabin.  My new invoice is now more than double the price.

They have assured me that there is a note on my booking with the price guarantee.  But until they assign a cabin they won't be able to amend the invoice.  I asked if they could assign me a cabin and they said no.  I then asked what happens if I don't get assigned a cabin before final payment, I was assured that I would only be required to pay the original lower price protected amount.

I have read on here that when a guarantee isn't available on the new lift and shift itinerary, a cabin is normally assigned before the shift.  August 2021 is such a long time away, should I be calling back and speaking to someone else to sort it now?  Or should I leave it and see what happens?

I would recommend resolving ASAP. 

We had an L&S and couldn’t get a corrected invoice showing no balance due. On the third call they advised me the person that handled our L&S had moved us to a sailing we could not L&S to. 

We got rectified but all valid L&S will send corrected invoice whilst you are on phone.

i would call back and get corrected and escalate if needed.

Edited by Spurschick

14 minutes ago, livylotte said:

I have L&S 3 Guarantee Balcony Ocean View cabins from Allure August 2020 to Odyssey August 2021

The 3rd cabin is also a double occupancy cabin with just me in it.  But they have added another me onto the new invoice. When I called RC today I was told this was because there were no guarantee cabins for one person so they have issued the new invoice showing 2 people in my cabin.  My new invoice is now more than double the price.

They have assured me that there is a note on my booking with the price guarantee.  But until they assign a cabin they won't be able to amend the invoice.  I asked if they could assign me a cabin and they said no.  I then asked what happens if I don't get assigned a cabin before final payment, I was assured that I would only be required to pay the original lower price protected amount.

I have read on here that when a guarantee isn't available on the new lift and shift itinerary, a cabin is normally assigned before the shift.  August 2021 is such a long time away, should I be calling back and speaking to someone else to sort it now?  Or should I leave it and see what happens?

I shifted a guarantee cabin today and they assigned me a cabin.  It made it easier since mine was a specific D8 guarantee so I just got to pick a D8 cabin.

I would try calling back and speaking to someone else...the reps knowledge base varies greatly. 

Just now, Spurschick said:

We we got rectified but all valid L&S can actually do corrected invoice whilst you are on phone.

It depends on the rep.  Some reps are authorized to do the full process including updating the price while others aren’t.  It’s great when you get one of the reps that has the power to fix everything on the spot. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends on the rep.  Some reps are authorized to do the full process including updating the price while others aren’t.  It’s great when you get one of the reps that has the power to fix everything on the spot. 

I know - she was good and she advised the previous reps I had spoken to should have known that if it was a valid L&S the invoice should be able to be processed at the same time, and advised that was standard!

She also noticed that the free play we had hadn’t carried over so added that back on as well. Had only called back as both reps I’d spoken to previously stated zeroed out corrected balance invoices would be sent within 3 days and it never happened.

Edited by Spurschick

8 minutes ago, Spurschick said:

I know - she was good and she advised the previous reps I had spoken to should have known that if it was a valid L&S the invoice should be able to be processed at the same time, and advised that was standard!

She also noticed that the free play we had hadn’t carried over so added that back on as well. Had only called back as both reps I’d spoken to previously stated zeroed out corrected balance invoices would be sent within 3 days and it never happened.

Of the 50 plus I’ve done I have received updated invoices back on 2 of them. I’ve had several changed from refundable to non refundable deposits and OBC that has dropped off.

right now even though you may dial the STAR desk they are having reps  from Other departments answer those lines.  Today I got someone from C&A.  Unfortunately it means more calls to supervisors to get some things taken care of. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Of the 50 plus I’ve done I have received updated invoices back on 2 of them. I’ve had several changed from refundable to non refundable deposits and OBC that has dropped off.

right now even though you may dial the STAR desk they are having reps  from Other departments answer those lines.  Today I got someone from C&A.  Unfortunately it means more calls to supervisors to get some things taken care of. 

Agreed it takes time. The final call that got it resolved was almost 2 hours and that was with the rep identifying the problem!

She apologized for the length of time it took as she was multi messaging her supervisor plus the original rep that did the original l&s to try to fix.

It was the second rep that advised the backlog for issuing corrected invoices was backlogged at 3 days. The first rep said 48hours! 

Its a shame that they can’t put it in and get their supervisors to process on the same call. It would save them having a whole new backlog with a team that now has to go in and fix these things! Especially if, like ours, they decide it’s not a valid shift as they hadn’t notified us of any issues until I called in.

I hope it doesn’t take you too long getting the rest of the corrected invoices.

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, livylotte said:

I moved an August 2020 single occupancy ocean view guarantee from Allure to the Harmony in august 2021, and even though there wasn’t single occupancy showing as available In 2021 it was moved fine and the invoice was correct. 

Not sure if it’s a bit different as you’ve moved to Odessy and it’s different itineraries to what Allure was so may be more of a manual process perhaps, but I’d want an updated invoice to be sure if it was me.

I want to know why solos are not allowed to book gty cabins. I love the surprise of gty cabins. 

Anyone remember the email of someone with a name like mr Bayless, what his email is.

I think its discrimination to not allow solos to book gty and I have a couple of other things I'd like to mention. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I want to know why solos are not allowed to book gty cabins. I love the surprise of gty cabins. 

Anyone remember the email of someone with a name like mr Bayless, what his email is.

I think its discrimination to not allow solos to book gty and I have a couple of other things I'd like to mention. 

They are available on some cruises, allure for August this year had them available across all categories which was what I booked. harmony next year that cabin was switched to however they were only listed for 2 people.

And you can book for two and remove the second person on ones that they’re not available on.

14 minutes ago, ukrccl_a said:

They are available on some cruises, allure for August this year had them available across all categories which was what I booked. harmony next year that cabin was switched to however they were only listed for 2 people.

And you can book for two and remove the second person on ones that they’re not available on.

I tried to book some gtys online and couldnt and called and was told solos cant book gtys. Of course she also told me jewel didnt have solo cabins, then she wouldnt stop trying to get me to book the solo cabin. I wanted the gty, not the solo cabin. I finally hung up on her after she asked me 3 times about booking the solo cabin, once I told her where they were on the deck plans.

So if you found a gty not for a solo cabin, i was told wrong. I'll keep trying. They act like they dont want my business.

And I really dont want to book a tba. A fake person. I'll look at other lines before I do that. 

Edited by firefly333

Yeah they;

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I tried to book some gtys online and couldnt and called and was told solos cant book gtys. Of course she also told me jewel didnt have solo cabins, then she wouldnt stop trying to get me to book the solo cabin. I wanted the gty, not the solo cabin. I finally hung up on her after she asked me 3 times about booking the solo cabin, once I told her where they were on the deck plans.

So if you found a gty not for a solo cabin, i was told wrong. I'll keep trying. They act like they dont want my business.

And I really dont want to book a tba. A fake person. I'll look at other lines before I do that. 

Yeah they're definitely around, but not on every sailing for sure (wish that they were!) - not sure if it depends on demand for that cruise as to if they open them up!

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 13.05.12.png

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Not sure why you wouldn’t want to do this.  It’s done all the time, even by TA’s to get around the quirks in the system.  The second person is a no show at the pier and you get port fees and taxes refunded for the second person after the cruise is completed. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We've done L&S for two cruises.  On one we got an immediate new invoice, the other took 3 days.

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We've done L&S for two cruises.  On one we got an immediate new invoice, the other took 3 days.

They just launched a new on line tool for TA’s last week.  Tried it for the first time late Wednesday evening.  Woke up this morning and it was all completed exactly how I requested.  No more waiting on the phone for me, this worked great.  

Thank you Ken.  Do you have any information on the only remaining Brilliance cruise out of Amsterdam on August 9th this year?

The cruise before it was cancelled a couple of weeks ago and the one after was cancelled yesterday.

I have to make final payment tomorrow.