Which country / island do you want to visit

sprint180

I'd like to sail the White Sea.....   As well as the Black sea.   Both simply because they are NOT (as yet) tourist or cruise ship  "hot spots" and the ports would be super interesting to wander.   

I would love to see the whole world if I could😂. The top places on my list:

Madagascar and Reunion Island

DRC

Ethiopia

The Stans

Georgia

Iran

Antarctica and South Georgia Island

Greenland and Svalbard

Mongolia

Bhutan

Micronesia

The Guianas

And in my own country Cocos Keeling Island and Arnhem Land

Places to return:

French Polynesia, love to see the Australs and some how get to Pitcairn.

Japan, we were half way through the trip before we were forced to return due to pandemic love to finish that trip.

Indonesia, there are more Islands I would love to explore.

Spain to spend more time in Andalusia

Taiwan and Iceland just because they were amazing and there is more I'd love to see.

Lord Howe Island because it is magical🤗

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am glad I was able to be sailing past Cape Horn.  Spectacular scenery?  Well, not really,  Seas were sufficiently active that standing in the Crow's Nest on the Zaandam was risky.  Going outside to take a photo of that moment, I decided was potentially injurious to my well being.  Yet, being able to do so is a significant travel memory.

That is exactly our vision of rounding the Cape. Many have made smoother passages, but your experience, is what we expect.😁

• Like 1

I'm  borrowing Cruise Mom's template:

Haven't been yet but want to go:

• Lebanon (if it is ever safe enough)
  • Syria (if it is ever safe enough)
  • Maldives
  • Seychelles
  • Argentina (for the wine)

Want to go back and spend more time/see more places:

• Italy (still places I haven't explored plus more wine)
  • Jordan (more to see)
  • Israel (more to see)
  • Spain (explore the northern and Basque region plus more wine)
  • Canada (always love it there and sooo much more to travel plus more wine)

I started to see a pattern...  

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:
  • Argentina (for the wine)

We adored Buenos Aires and hope to return. I've mentioned here that it's very Italian and the food is fantastic.

2 hours ago, clo said:

We adored Buenos Aires and hope to return. I've mentioned here that it's very Italian and the food is fantastic.

I have 2 "kids" (in their early 30s now) who worked with me at the ski resorts 10 years ago.  They live in Mendoza.  I could visit the vineyards, do some tastings, do some day trips.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

I want to go back to Italy , Florence, Venice, Naples and more

Hi George.......3 of my favorite places.........

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi George.......3 of my favorite places.........

I have never physically been to Italy .However,I worked 25 years for a company in which 99 % of the employees were Italian. It was suggested that I learn the language and took a Berlitz course .During those 25 years I had sort of virtual vacations in Italy from hearing all about the country from my co-workers.I wish that I had gone there .

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never physically been to Italy .However,I worked 25 years for a company in which 99 % of the employees were Italian. It was suggested that I learn the language and took a Berlitz course .During those 25 years I had sort of virtual vacations in Italy from hearing all about the country from my co-workers.I wish that I had gone there .

Hi Lenny, oh.......I know you have a difficult time traveling now but if there was any way you could go? Italy has to be

on my top 3 countries in the world.........been multiple times and could go numerous more......The history, architecture,

and food........it is all just fabulous.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lenny, oh.......I know you have a difficult time traveling now but if there was any way you could go? Italy has to be

on my top 3 countries in the world.........been multiple times and could go numerous more......The history, architecture,

Lois R:

i have not been able to fly since 2010 ,Therefore,going to Italy is not a country that I will ever visit.

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Australia and New Zealand are definitely on my bucket list.

Both are in my most favorite countries that I have been privileged to visit.  The good people like North Americans!  New Zealand:  I swear, their grass has chlorophyll that is much different than what ours must be.  So beautifully green!

21 hours ago, CanobieFan said:

Haven't done ABC yet,

All three are well worth a visit.  All three are just a bit different from the others.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

China for the Terracotta Warriors

One of the best travel decisions I have made was to spend the money during a cruise for a shore excursion to Xian to visit the city as well as the Terra Cotta Warriors.  Seeing the Warriors and its site was very special.  My journey to/from Xian was equally memorable.

18 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Iceland for the scenery

Well, if you enjoy viewing lots of volcanic produced scenery, you will be pleased.  The Capitol city was more scenic, in my opinion, than the rest of the countryside that I saw.

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The Capitol city was more scenic, in my opinion, than the rest of the countryside that I saw.

I liked Reykjavik but compared to all the waterfalls, mountains, canyons, craters and sea cliffs of Iceland I would not rank it that high. You must a real urbanite😂.

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:
18 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Iceland for the scenery

Well, if you enjoy viewing lots of volcanic produced scenery, you will be pleased.  The Capitol city was more scenic, in my opinion, than the rest of the countryside that I saw.

And, boy, is it expensive! As touristy as it is we really loved the Blue Lagoon. We've joked about flying IcelandAir, laying over for one night and going back there and then on to Europe. 
PS: Iceland isn't open to the US travelers at this time.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Lois R:

i have not been able to fly since 2010 ,Therefore,going to Italy is not a country that I will ever visit.

But you can easily get to Italy without flying as long as you have the time.  And Italy is a country worth visiting :).  We have traveled to Europe, several times, using ships both ways.  Once in Europe you can get around with trains or a rental car.

Hank

2 hours ago, clo said:

And, boy, is it expensive! As touristy as it is we really loved the Blue Lagoon. We've joked about flying IcelandAir, laying over for one night and going back there and then on to Europe. 
PS: Iceland isn't open to the US travelers at this time.

Actually the price has gone down though it is still more expensive than other European countries but if you ask me worth visiting and definitely you need more than one day. We did a week and it was still not enough😜

28 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Actually the price has gone down though it is still more expensive than other European countries but if you ask me worth visiting and definitely you need more than one day. We did a week and it was still not enough😜

That's good to know. And we enjoyed our five or so days a lot.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Lenny, Did you happen to work with guys named Clemenza or Tessio?  Never, mind.  I don't want to know! 😄😄😄

On 6/13/2020 at 4:09 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Are you kidding ?  The accommodations, food and service on the trans-Siberian Golden Eagle train from Moscow to Ulan Bator match, or exceed, anything on any train in Europe. Of course, if you want a budget trip, you will get what you are willing to pay for —- pretty much like everything else in the world.

We haven't done any research for longer trips without a cruise involved since our first cruise 2004. Before that we couldn't find any trains with for us acceptable standard going to Mongolia. The trains going through Mongolia instead of around Mongolia on their way to China didn't even offer 2 person  compartments. All we should need is a simple 2 person compartment with private shower and toilet, maybe that exist now.

The Golden Eagle train offer much more than we need but maybe if our cruising days are over that can be an option. Thank you for the tip.

Never managed a ‘Round the Horn’ trip but did go through Magellan. It was getting on towards winter to we had a bit of everything weather wise. Absolutely fantastic scenery, and much better to admire than the cargo we were carrying ...new VW Beetles from Santos to Chile 🤨

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

You forgot the wine, we always have a nice bottle of Chianti Classico every Sunday, wish I could get a pizza like we had in Naples to go along with it. We heard Sophia Loren speak a couple of years ago and was able to ask her what her favorite food was, she replied I am from Naples so of course it’s pizza.

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

And, on top of the history, architecture,and food there is the beautiful countryside and, perhaps as significant, the people who are probably the warmest, happiest and most welcoming in Europe.