Which country / island do you want to visit

sprint180

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot post the name of the hotel because it is spelled and pronounced like a sexual reference.

Was it the H...wack Lodge?

If so, if you google it, you will see it is now abandoned.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Was it the H...wack Lodge?

If so, if you google it, you will see it is now abandoned.

Yes and we were there for two weeks in the summer of 1967.I do not remember why we decided to go there. The family of a guy I went to HS with owned the Nevele.We vacationed There In the 80’s and that was a much nicer place.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, ilikeanswers said:

It is the interesting thing about humans we can look at the same thing and see something different😉

Absolutely true!  How many reviews of cruises on CC where the reviewers were on the same cruise that I have read when the opinions were nearly completely opposite of each other?  

Does that make one reviewer correct?  One reviewer incorrect?  Surely not.  Their experience was a "snapshot" in time.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Absolutely true!  How many reviews of cruises on CC where the reviewers were on the same cruise that I have read when the opinions were nearly completely opposite of each other?  

Does that make one reviewer correct?  One reviewer incorrect?  Surely not.  Their experience was a "snapshot" in time.  

It is called human nature and can be applied to anything.If everyone had the same opinion we would be robotic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes and we were there for two weeks in the summer of 1967.I do not remember why we decided to go there. The family of a guy I went to HS with owned the Nevele.We vacationed There In the 80’s and that was a much nicer place.

I e-mailed the county historian who is someone I know. The name has nothing to do with any sexual preference. Rather it is derived from the language of the Lenapes (an Indian tribe).

The Nevele (which is in a neighboring county) is also no longer in existence. It was a much nicer hotel. There have been recent attempts to renovate it, but they always seem to fall through. (DW has rooted for them to work for ice skating, as it is much closer than where she has to go now, though much further than Kutchers where she used to skate.)

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I once read in another cruise forum someone posting that he was told that people were throwing up in the elevators in a cruise we were on. There was a hurricane, and at one point the Captain took us closer so that passengers could get cell phone reception to call their travel agents, airlines to reschedule their flights, or family. I replied that we were on that cruise, and there was no evidence of that. Still he persisted, even though he was not actually on the cruise.

6 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I e-mailed the county historian who is someone I know. The name has nothing to do with any sexual preference. Rather it is derived from the language of the Lenapes (an Indian tribe).

The Nevele (which is in a neighboring county) is also no longer in existence. It was a much nicer hotel. There have been recent attempts to renovate it, but they always seem to fall through. (DW has rooted for them to work for ice skating, as it is much closer than where she has to go now, though much further than Kutchers where she used to skate.)

I posted the name of the hotel beginning with H a few years ago on CC and it was removed .I know the derivation of the name but apparently it is not something that CC wants on the boards.

From 1948 to 1990 I have vacationed in the Catskills:Six Lake House ,Prospect Inn,Klein’s Hillside,Nevele,Grossingers just to name a few.

We are new to cruising, but we have post child in high school plans. We want to see most of the Caribbean islands and the reefs in Western Caribbean ports. We want to do a transatlantic and Panama Canal cruise. Others on the list are an Alaskan cruise to see whales and Orcas Another is a Hawaiian cruise and spend a few weeks in Hawaii.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kate P.C said:

I would love to go back to Longyearbayen, Norway. The same goes for Hawaii, St. Petersburg, Capri and Amalfi coast, Malta... 

I have never visited Norway but The Amalfi Coast is AMAZING..😀I could go back there again and again...and again😀

• Like 2