Pullmantur Ships for sale.

aussie cruzer

4 minutes ago, Smurf2017 said:

Too difficult to see, but I wanted to say thanks for introducing me to a great webcam site. 

To the right of the cranes , you can see the smoke stacks and what I think was called the “viking crown lounge” sticking up just above some buildings? I think thats what it is anyway.

I've just received my email and it's goodbye Pullmantur. Sorry Tim. To reiterate, we were originally booked for June this year. We were offered our deposit against a future cruise and €100 OBC so we booked for the Holy Land next May. This is the email received a little while ago. I took a very quick look through before lunch and will now go back to try to make sense of it all:

Madrid, July 13, 2020

Dear Future Passenger,

We contact you to share important information related to Pullmantur Cruises.

Thus, the company has started a reorganization process based on the measures provided for by the Spanish bankruptcy regulations.

This decision has been made due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the cruise operation, suspended since March 13, as well as the legal measures to limit movement adopted in the different countries.

The commitment to the health and safety of our passengers forced us to extend the suspension of activity until November 15, 2020, due to the situation of uncertainty regarding both the evolution of COVID-19, and the way in which that you can travel once the restrictions imposed by the different countries are lifted.

In relation to the bonuses offered in previous communications, we will send you an update of their terms below.

UPGRADE

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. offers you the following options that will be managed directly by Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises (both brands are part of the Royal Caribbean (RCL) group):

1. A new bonus (Future Cruise Credit - FCC) of 125% calculated on the amount paid for your cabin rate , applicable on Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises cruises.

Any other amount paid to Pullmantur, such as taxes and other charges (unless included in the cabin rate), airline tickets, hotel, service and administration charges and other optional services, will be added to the bonus (Future Cruises Credit - FCC) 100%. Only the cabin fee - which corresponds to the main part of the cost - will be calculated at 125%.

This bonus (Future Cruises Credit- FCC) will allow you to make a new reservation before December 31, 2021 for a cruise with Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises, with departure before April 30, 2022. The bonus (Future Cruises Credit- FCC) may not be used on departures that coincide with Christmas and New Years, nor on charter departures ( chartered sailings ) or on group contracts ( contracted groups ).

1. 100% refund: Or, if you prefer the refund of the amount already paid to Pullmantur - whose value is less than the previously offered bonus - RCL will proceed to make such refund.

  
If you have received or have been announced to send a voucher by Pullmantur, in case you accept the RCL offer, the Pullmantur voucher will be null and void.

In order to manage your preference as soon as possible, you must complete and send to Royal Caribbean the form provided here , no later than September 20, 2020, indicating whether you prefer the Future Cruises Credit-FCC bonus of 125% or the 100% refund of the amount paid. Once RCL has this information, you will receive the refund or the bonus (Future Cruises Credit-FCC) within 90 and 45 days respectively. RCL will process your personal data sent in accordance with its data privacy policy that you can find here .

As always, if you have any questions, you can contact us:

country Phone number E-mail
Spain 900 835 055 contactoclientes@pullmantur.es

We deeply regret this situation, as well as the inconvenience caused, and we thank you once again for your continued patience and understanding.

A cordial greeting,

The Pullmantur Team

PS Do not hesitate to visit royalcaribbean.com and celebritycruises.com to know your product and the available outlets.

Many thanks for sharing that Smurf2017.

2 hours ago, Smurf2017 said:

If you have received or have been announced to send a voucher by Pullmantur, in case you accept the RCL offer, the Pullmantur voucher will be null and void.

To me, this is the most interesting line.

The implication is that your Pullmantur voucher will still be valid if you do not accept the RCL (strictly RCG) offer. Pullmantur may rise from the ashes with different ownership. 

My cruise agents is US-based so there may be time delay before I hear anything from them. I will share whatever info I receive - if anything! 

I see Monarch and Infinity have finished their rendezvous and are now heading opposite directions. 

625026492_Screenshot2020-07-13at16_28_12.thumb.png.4e3142b6e8d90aaa2a370de6ec16fab6.png

4 minutes ago, Skipper Tim said:

Many thanks for sharing that Smurf2017.

To me, this is the most interesting line.

The implication is that your Pullmantur voucher will still be valid if you do not accept the RCL (strictly RCG) offer. Pullmantur may rise from the ashes with different ownership. 

My cruise agents is US-based so there may be time delay before I hear anything from them. I will share whatever info I receive - if anything! 

I see Monarch and Infinity have finished their rendezvous and are now heading opposite directions. 

625026492_Screenshot2020-07-13at16_28_12.thumb.png.4e3142b6e8d90aaa2a370de6ec16fab6.png

Well spotted Tim. We've decided to leave it to September to make any decision just to see how things develop. I look forward to hearing your news when it comes. We were dealing with Pullmantur directly so yours may be a little while yet. 

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

Hello mate were you the original £10 pom , Remember seeing that fleet in and out of So,ton.

G'day Mate,

Sorry no 10 pound pom, born and breed in OZ. Love seeing the ships visiting Sydney (when they are sailing).

I've just heard from my contact at Pullmantur who is currently furloughed at home.

They say, "I think the best thing to do is to claim the money and see what happens. Since nobody knows whether Pullmantur will survive or not, it's better to get the money back and buy again. The hope still exists but it's going to be really hard.

Some of my clients already claimed the refund and they said it's not hard. 
If you need assistance my collegues are working but I would recommend you to wait a week or so, because this first days will be crazy."

My highlighting.

19 hours ago, Skipper Tim said:

"To me, this is the most interesting line.

The implication is that your Pullmantur voucher will still be valid if you do not accept the RCL (strictly RCG) offer. Pullmantur may rise from the ashes with different ownership."

Tim. I replied to my contact at Pullmantur asking if they had any idea how long the reorganization request would take to get a decision. Here is their reply:

"In your case it's maybe better to wait. However I think it might take some time to see what will happen. First of all the courts need to assign an administrator to be on the head of Pullmantur and then our president and his team need to present the plan of reorganization and then they decide whether there is a way to continue or not. I haven't heard nothing about the administrator yet and I am afraid if we don't get him this month, in August it won't happen either, because you know how it's the August here, nothing is done in August. That is why I think it will take time.

The only thing that surprised me, is that erte (Spanish furlough) is approved by the government untill 30.9. and what I've got from HR it says I am off until end of August with a possibility of prolongation until 30.9.
I thought it was strange to keep this window a little bit opened just in case.

So, what I wanted to say is that nobody knows how long it will take to have some answers, and especially with COVID-19 situation, I think a lot of companies are waiting for the same thing. However you never know if there is someone with connections or if they decide to give priority to big companies...."

57 minutes ago, Smurf2017 said:

Tim. I replied to my contact at Pullmantur asking if they had any idea how long the reorganization request would take to get a decision. Here is their reply:

"In your case it's maybe better to wait. However I think it might take some time to see what will happen. First of all the courts need to assign an administrator to be on the head of Pullmantur and then our president and his team need to present the plan of reorganization and then they decide whether there is a way to continue or not. I haven't heard nothing about the administrator yet and I am afraid if we don't get him this month, in August it won't happen either, because you know how it's the August here, nothing is done in August. That is why I think it will take time.

The only thing that surprised me, is that erte (Spanish furlough) is approved by the government untill 30.9. and what I've got from HR it says I am off until end of August with a possibility of prolongation until 30.9.
I thought it was strange to keep this window a little bit opened just in case.

So, what I wanted to say is that nobody knows how long it will take to have some answers, and especially with COVID-19 situation, I think a lot of companies are waiting for the same thing. However you never know if there is someone with connections or if they decide to give priority to big companies...."

Very interesting and thanks for sharing that. 

I won't be accepting the Royal Caribbean offer, if it is forthcoming, but rather wait to see if the reborn Pullmantur offer anything instead. Knowing we could be in for a long wait is helpful. My party have only risked US$60 each on the cruise anyway but I was looking forward to the Spanish vibe & wine, the Arabian & Suez itinerary, low solo-occupancy supplements, all-inclusive drinks and tips and having the best accommodation I have ever had on a ship. I have ploughed through the RC & Celebrity itineraries and nothing remotely competes, even with a 25% bribe. 

If Pullmantur 'reorganizes' and makes an offer to its previously booked clients, I will be all ears as I am sure their main market - the Spanish - will be. 

I have watched you tube videos of ships aggressively driven to beach at the Turkish break yards.  Does anyone know the sailing protocol for doing this?  The last captain of the Monarch was Captain Branka based on our cruise on the Monarch in January, and I can't see a captain being thrilled at beaching a ship he has been caring for up to then. We cruised twice on the Monarch and enjoyed it very much.  I will be sorry to see it go.

11 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

I have watched you tube videos of ships aggressively driven to beach at the Turkish break yards.  Does anyone know the sailing protocol for doing this?  The last captain of the Monarch was Captain Branka based on our cruise on the Monarch in January, and I can't see a captain being thrilled at beaching a ship he has been caring for up to then. We cruised twice on the Monarch and enjoyed it very much.  I will be sorry to see it go.

I wondered the same thing. My first cruise was on The Sovereign of The Seas and I can't even stand to think about it being destroyed. I made a lot of awesome memories on that ship. Very sad to see it go. Sometimes I hate progress. 

19 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

That’s a good question, they may bring the ship all the way to anchorage and then hop off, considering Monarch is anchored now, I couldn’t imagine the captain waiting until it’s time to beach it, or maybe?