Enchanted Princess: Construction/Delivery PROGRESS THREAD

snoozecrooze

Let's keep this thread for JUST ship details! Construction progress, outfitting pictures, delivery details, etc! Please keep other discussion about Enchanted on the other threads in the forum. 🙂 

Before anything, I continue sharing the frustration with you all who have yet to receive any refund, especially on any Enchanted voyage, and empathize with everyone whose circumstances have become dire at this time. Hang in there; I know there's a lot of good left to experience for all of us.

We're really down into the final stretch here for the ship, so there really isn't as much to document as all previous construction details are available online. But, like I remember from when the Sky was getting ready for delivery, this period of time is when pictures and details start popping up. I'm hoping we can all pool together any developments that we've gathered and share it for us to think of what could have been this summer. Milestones (at least yet to be officially acknowledged) left for the ship include sea trials, completed exterior/interior outfitting, the actual delivery, christening, etc. 

For the first development here, at around June 13, 2020 10:30AM Italy time (GMT+2), the ship has gone out to perform its first (as far as I know) set of sea trials. 

image.png.0298ffbc99c6005bbc06dc8307a79399.png

(via MarineTraffic)

Additional photos:

Twitter

Instagram 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is an article, it's in Italian:

https://www.triesteallnews.it/2020/06/14/crociere-fincantieri-inaugura-a-monfalcone-lenchanted-princess/

It says:

In this context, yesterday, Saturday 13 June, the cruise ship " Enchanted Princess " however took off , leaving the factory in Panzano (Monfalcone). This first sea trial will see the ship, now ready for engagement, sail to Palermo where it will remain for ten days, before returning to Monfalcone on 29 June. Navigation will be used to carry out all the tests necessary for the engines and components; Palermo will then carry out the careening and cleaning of the hull. The Enchanted Princess will then return to the Monfalconese shipyard to complete the construction.

• Like 1

Looks to be on schedule to make her journey across the Atlantic in time for her maiden voyage with passengers on November 21.  What a celebration that will be and we look forward to being on board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grego said:

Looks to be on schedule to make her journey across the Atlantic in time for her maiden voyage with passengers on November 21.  What a celebration that will be and we look forward to being on board.

We will be there too! A group of us that met on a previous cruise are booked and crossing our fingers we’ll get to sail. 

This is an article with Carnival CEO dated June 18.  I am posting this link because at the almost end of the interview he refers to the Enchanted Princess(among a few other new builds) will be delayed.  Why would the Enchantment be delayed when it is finished?  Thoughts.

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-sells-six-cruise-ships-more-to-come/

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This is an article with Carnival CEO dated June 18.  I am posting this link because at the almost end of the interview he refers to the Enchanted Princess(among a few other new builds) will be delayed.  Why would the Enchantment be delayed when it is finished?  Thoughts.

I'm thinkin' she isn't fully fitted. It might be minor additions but some equipment can't / wasn't installed while in Monfalcone. 

8 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

There's "finished" and then there's "finished". I am not familiar with the exact build status as at today, but it is possible that the ship is largely complete and OK for sea trials by the ship yard, but may still have some tweaking to do before handover to Princess. It is not uncommon with a major delivery like this that the end customer may not be involved with the initial sea trials, and may only be handed the ship for their acceptance testing and delivery, when the shipyard is satisfied that the ship is in proper condition for handover. In a past life I delivered VERY expensive business jets ($70M+) and we never handed over the aircraft to the customer, for their acceptance testing, until we had flown the thing to death first, so a billion dollar ship may very well be handled the same way. Just supposition on my part of course.

This could also explain why the CCL CEO said the Enchanted was "delayed". It is possible that since Princess doesn't plan to put the ship into service until November,  they simply asked Fincantieri to delay delivery and acceptance, possibly using a Force Majeure clause in the build contract

I sure do hope it does enter service in November, as we're booked on the 11/28 Eastern Caribbean jaunt ;o)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

There's "finished" and then there's "finished". I am not familiar with the exact build status as at today, but it is possible that the ship is largely complete and OK for sea trials by the ship yard, but may still have some tweaking to do before handover to Princess. It is not uncommon with a major delivery like this that the end customer may not be involved with the initial sea trials, and may only be handed the ship for their acceptance testing and delivery, when the shipyard is satisfied that the ship is in proper condition for handover. In a past life I delivered VERY expensive business jets ($70M+) and we never handed over the aircraft to the customer, for their acceptance testing, until we had flown the thing to death first, so a billion dollar ship may very well be handled the same way. Just supposition on my part of course.

This could also explain why the CCL CEO said the Enchanted was "delayed". It is possible that since Princess doesn't plan to put the ship into service until November,  they simply asked Fincantieri to delay delivery and acceptance, possibly using a Force Majeure clause in the build contract

I sure do hope it does enter service in November, as we're booked on the 11/28 Eastern Caribbean jaunt ;o)

She is currently undergoing sea trials by the shipyard.  Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge.  It is very helpful.  We are on the April TA.  Here is hoping we both get to sail.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slated to go on March 27th sailing out of FLL.  Just today read the article confirming that the Enchanted was delayed.  Can't say I'm shocked given the situation but I hadn't come across anything confirming it until today....perhaps subconsciously on purpose. 

My first thought was I can't imagine it's less than a 6 month delay, which would eat up the March bookings.   Admittedly, the 6 months without any substantiated logic or calculations....it just felt like a reasonable time-frame for a delay given the situation.

Realizing I'm pulling that 6-months number entirely out of my "hat", I searched the boards to learn more and this thread gives me some hope, although I am still considering making an additional backup booking for March on the CB with intentions of watching the situation and cancelling as necessary.  We're pretty locked into the March & FLL combination and would rather be on a repeat cruise than nothing at all.

Thoughts? Any updates since this thread was last touched?

As mentioned above, the sea trials have been completed, the hull cleaned and now she returns to her berth to finish her fitting out.  I am confident that the "delay" the CEO was referring to was due to the period of time that the shipyard was down because of the virus.  Seeing that the only voyage with passengers is currently scheduled for November 21st out of PE would also be considered a delay in getting passengers aboard since all the Med and TA crossing voyages are scrapped.

We are still remaining positive that we will be aboard her on 21Nov and our 46 voyage with Princess.  

#PrincessStrong

Hey @PMGS247! I'm not an expert in this either, and after reading the news of the Odyssey of the Seas' massive delay from November to April, I would've probably been inclined to book something further ahead as well. But for Enchanted, I really don't think your back-up would be necessary, especially considering your sailing is in March 2021. This is because I don't envision delays on the same scale, given that Enchanted was supposed to begin sailing in June this year, so the construction would've naturally had to have progressed much further than ships like Odyssey. But if it helps you have peace of mind, you could drop an initial deposit on the back-up on CB like you mentioned since the stakes for that one would be low. Hope this helps a bit!

32 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hey @PMGS247! I'm not an expert in this either, and after reading the news of the Odyssey of the Seas' massive delay from November to April, I would've probably been inclined to book something further ahead as well. But for Enchanted, I really don't think your back-up would be necessary, especially considering your sailing is in March 2021. This is because I don't envision delays on the same scale, given that Enchanted was supposed to begin sailing in June this year, so the construction would've naturally had to have progressed much further than ships like Odyssey. But if it helps you have peace of mind, you could drop an initial deposit on the back-up on CB like you mentioned since the stakes for that one would be low. Hope this helps a bit!

Much appreciated the responses, as well as the pictures!

3 hours ago, Grego said:

As mentioned above, the sea trials have been completed, the hull cleaned and now she returns to her berth to finish her fitting out.  I am confident that the "delay" the CEO was referring to was due to the period of time that the shipyard was down because of the virus.  Seeing that the only voyage with passengers is currently scheduled for November 21st out of PE would also be considered a delay in getting passengers aboard since all the Med and TA crossing voyages are scrapped.

We are still remaining positive that we will be aboard her on 21Nov and our 46 voyage with Princess.  

#PrincessStrong

I thought the same and hope we are correct. A lot pessimists on these board saying cruising will not start up again until sometime next year are getting me down.

• Like 1

My original math where I feared a threat to March cruises had assumed the inaugural sailing WAS the November cruise.  I had mixed it up with the Sky's launch timeframe in Q4 of last year, not realizing Enchanted was actually originally slated for June of this year.  So the reality of June delayed to November actually does land grenade-close to the 6 months that popped into my head, so I guess I've got that going for me.

Hope all goes well and November kicks it off for Enchanted.

For anyone keeping track of deck plans, Princess has released (not necessarily today, but I just noticed it after perusing) separate deck plans for both Enchanted & Sky to be used beginning in November 2021. Might be helpful to some!

ENCHANTED will be using the new deck plan for voyages sailing after November 30, 2021 (itineraries during this timeframe are not yet released). The changes are the following:

• DECK 10 CARIBE: Deluxe Balcony cabins C736 and C737 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 11 BAJA: Deluxe Balcony cabins B732 and B733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 12 ALOHA: Deluxe Balcony cabins A732 and A733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 14 RIVIERA: Deluxe Balcony cabins R728 and R729 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 17 SUN: Penthouse Suite cabins S109, S110, S111, S112, S114, and S115 will change categories from S4 to S6 and become Vista Suite cabins.

There were no changes made to any public areas on the new deck plan. 

----------------------------------------------

For those interested in the changes made to Sky:

SKY will be using the new deck plan for voyages sailing after November 6, 2021 (itineraries during this timeframe are also not yet released). The changes are the following:

• DECK 8 EMERALD: A new Deluxe Balcony cabin category (DE) will be added. (Rooms changed weren't specified; could be a mistake)
  • DECK 10 CARIBE: Deluxe Balcony cabins C736 and C737 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 11 BAJA: Deluxe Balcony cabins B732 and B733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 12 ALOHA: Deluxe Balcony cabins A732 and A733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 14 RIVIERA: Deluxe Balcony cabins R728 and R729 were removed. (could be a mistake?)
  • DECK 17 SUN: Penthouse Suite cabins S109, S110, S111, S112, S114, and S115 will change categories from S4 to S6 and become Vista Suite cabins.

----------------------------------------------

For an explanation of the difference between Penthouse and Vista suites, refer to the photos below:

image.thumb.png.e28bf1494c6fae19092f26e6f539b0a4.png

image.thumb.png.c041740bc129e7472175e4a16c746dc6.png

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, voljeep said:

maybe they still have time to put some steps and handrails into the pools for us "old folks" with some balance issues 🥃 🦄 🏁

Who is designing these polls no handrails no steps how do the elderly people get in and out of the pools just ridiculous.

Tony

• Thanks 1

Appreciate the photos of the Enchanted. Were the interior shots taken in June also? If so quite a bit of finish work to do. Hope they can continue to work during sea trials. 
We are in the November 21 and 28 cruises and hope we are part of the maiden voyage. 

• Like 1