Enchanted Princess: Construction/Delivery PROGRESS THREAD

snoozecrooze

On 7/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, voljeep said:

maybe they still have time to put some steps and handrails into the pools for us "old folks" with some balance issues 🥃 🦄 🏁

On 7/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, georgiacat said:

I second the notion of steps into the pools.

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Who is designing these pools no handrails no steps how do the elderly people get in and out of the pools just ridiculous.

Tony

After looking at the above photos, I think it is a safe bet that the ladders and handrails just haven't been installed yet. You can see where the brackets are in place. As far as "steps" are concerned, only the Retreat Pool near the Sanctuary on the Royal Class ships have steps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

After looking at the above photos, I think it is a safe bet that the ladders and handrails just haven't been installed yet. You can see where the brackets are in place. As far as "steps" are concerned, only the Retreat Pool near the Sanctuary on the Royal Class ships have steps.

yep, terrible design flaw given the Princess demographics ... steps and handrail were nice on the older 'Grand Class' aft adult pool

4 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Maybe not -  they didn't include any ladders and handrails on Sky Princess when it was launched last year - the Retreat Pool included.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Big Tiger Fan said:

Were the interior shots taken in June also?

Hi! Yep, well I found them posted in early-to-mid June but there's no guarantee they were actually taken in June. But remembering how Sky Princess looked about a month or so before delivery, I can believe how much work is left to be done, especially considering Enchanted doesn't have to sail until November now. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

1 hour ago, dides said:

Maybe not -  they didn't include any ladders and handrails on Sky Princess when it was launched last year - the Retreat Pool included.

I have to agree with @dides here over the assessment. Take a look here. 

So I pulled a closer shot from the pic of Enchanted's unfinished pool and compared it with a finished pool on Sky and the "brackets" you mention look a lot like the posts installed for the pseudo-ladder rail you see in the Sky picture. Obviously not the best move for Princess to ditch all steps for pools, but I guess they just wanted to have more swim space in their pools. 

image.png.767c3b33ce3094cd39694390d72bceb5.png

image.thumb.png.d6f8b3fc90a3c16a002ae21019f33fa3.png

• Thanks 1

I have sailed on several ships that have had steps into the pools.  Due to many reasons I find them almost universally dangerous - from being slippery as a result of the type of marine paint used or even because of the water movement making seeing the steps or balancing difficult.  I have seen far more slips, falls and near falls than not, even been victim to all three myself.  I understand many lack the upper body strength required by a ladder and would prefer stairs but there may be valid safety reasons as to why they have been eliminated from newbuilds

• Like 3

On 7/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, snoozecrooze said:

Updating this post with some photos to add to the documenting!

[IN PALERMO]

image.png.51bd96ab784a47e1d511fe8c3698a6b1.png

image.png.b94d179f4c89ccd393154d4d15f12806.png

image.png.4c6e382dbfee6fcd41f1530ac487609e.png

image.png.26a404eb58e005c99e68d2add27bcf61.png

image.png.9ef12c22d8c29d946bbafc8b365021a6.png

[OTHERS from June 2020, including interior pics]

The ship definitely still has quite a bit to wrap up on.

image.png.7adb515c4fc01209245f4e101eb0b599.png

image.thumb.png.80dd01391216d7d1799c6701202661c0.png6

image.thumb.png.b72823f8ba75307e2ed86435aff4ca7c.png

image.thumb.png.66364b4ea0670d956f028b27a131fe6e.png

image.thumb.png.3ae479416abea61166360618c9b7dbb9.png

image.png.bf13cb5edd6325d78142be42f9435e89.png

Thanks for the photos.  Yes, quite a bit to finish up on but there is a lot of time to do it before she sails directly to Port Everglades near the end of November.

10 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Who cares?  Princess served this up with he cancellation of the TA on which we had a nice PH suite.  Those thinking that "normal" cruising will automatically restart from US ports in November are "dreaming."

Thank you for your optimism.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgiacat said:

I notice that is a young, fit male.  What about me - a fat, old lady?  I like to get in the pool occasionally to cool off.  I need steps.

me too, and I see the grenade launcher has made an appearance. 

Edited by c-boy

Reading Princess' post on Facebook/Twitter has a very optimistic tone and I'm crossing my fingers as we have B2Bs in Jan/Feb on Enchanted.  However, I was just watching Youtube on one of the channels on cruising from a man in Canada with a short first name of 3 letters.  He always hopes that we have a "fantastic day".   He stated in his posting about 3 hours ago (3:30 pm Eastern) that Enchanted will be delayed until sometime in 2021 along with a Royal Caribbean Ship being delayed and Carnival Marti Gras being delayed to Feb 2021. 

We'll just have to see what Princess posts eventually on Enchanted's commissioning schedule as their current post may lead some people to believe that Enchanted is on track for deployment later this year.

Edited by CPOCMAN
Change Royal to Royal Caribbean
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CPOCMAN said:

just watching Youtube on one of the channels on cruising from a man in Canada

Yeah I watched his video too, but I have conflicting feelings about his video. He doesn't provide his sources about Enchanted not debuting until 2021, but he could just be acting a bit more pessimistic/realistic (depending on how you view it). I would continue to wait and see how Princess and the cruise industry evolve in the coming weeks in terms of fall cruising. I do agree with you about Princess really playing up the optimism here, but it's definitely a marketing ploy to get people booking.

31 minutes ago, dides said:

Caribill just reported from the Princess TA webinar that Enchanted Princess is due to be delivered late September this year!

A friend of mine is a Princess employee and her next contract is on Enchanted. She was recently contacted by her agent to submit her documents so Im hopeful that means, at least at this point, that the intent to sail on the 21st is there. 

• Like 4

I sure hope Enchanted Princess sails this year.  I and two friends are on Dec 19 sailing and the upgrade fairy just visited us and we were moved up to a top level mini suite. 

If you want to see the Princess webinar from last week it is on this page. Just look through titles of threads. He does say Enchanted will come to the Caribbean for the November sailings....barring any more “no sail” orders. Great news for us.

On 7/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Who cares?  Princess served this up with he cancellation of the TA on which we had a nice PH suite.  Those thinking that "normal" cruising will automatically restart from US ports in November are "dreaming."

Does it really matter if it's normal or not?  If you really love being at sea and enjoying those things you love about cruising, normal doesn't matter.  It's all what you make it.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, jillire said:

A friend of mine is a Princess employee and her next contract is on Enchanted. She was recently contacted by her agent to submit her documents so Im hopeful that means, at least at this point, that the intent to sail on the 21st is there. 

This post gives me hope for our 12/5 B2B...

Some additional photos posted on (not necessarily taken on) July 13, 2020.

Not much to see, but work is continuing. 

image.png.e6bcbc013e2fdaa05fdd70898b7365ff.png

image.png.e25e158db08cfa1247586de5930535b7.png

Also, a UK-based marine glass services provider has reported they are now onboard, working to clean/preserve/treat the ship's exterior glass, in preparation for when it starts operating. This firm has worked on previous Princess ships before as well. [Enchanted link] / [An example of work on Sky]