Enchanted Princess: Construction/Delivery PROGRESS THREAD

snoozecrooze

The Princess "Journey"  magazine for UK customers was released this week had a little section on Enchanted Princess which got me intrigued.  Apparently "she has more pools and hot tubs than any other Princess ship".  I've done a quick deck plan comparison with Sky Princess and can't spot any differences. Anyone got any insight here? 

excitedforenchanted.JPG.4454dfe38f03e6410c23399ca2484ce8.JPG

Not true by my count:

Enchanted has

2 main lido pools, 1 retreat pool, 1 small wake view pool, 3 lido deck hot tubs by the main pool, 4 hot tubs on the sun deck.

Total 4 pools, 7 hot tubs, same for Sky.

Regal has 4 pools and 6 hot tubs, Ruby has 5 pools and 7 hot tubs, Caribbean has 5 pools plus a large youth pool/splash area, 7 hot tubs, and so on.

• Like 1

I heard a rumour that Enchanted Princess will be deployed for Discovery Princess's transatlantic in November-December 2021 since Discovery won't be ready in time.  Can anyone confirm that or have additional information?  

Excited to see the thread revived again, sort of!

Some more pics below, all sourced from social media -- Disclaimer - I can't vouch for the 10000% accuracy that these are Enchanted and not maybe just some reposted dupes from Sky, but I definitely think these are from Enchanted. They have all been posted (but not necessarily taken) within the past week.

image.png.2d4360c23a945baade38746b399612c6.png

(Pool deck)

image.png.f01cb04b53ca73f77148f81b1f454d99.png

(Should be the front desk)

image.png.efef7260e50b6a89ff29065e92fad81c.png

(Piazza)

image.png.14da6a80d8b0a21dfd64bfe14059d2a0.png

(Should be the Crown Grill Bar area?)

image.png.da87308eb948f7129aa21c02197fa7f2.png

(Should be Princess Live!)

image.png.a22e539365c66397e9627434466b6d70.png

(Should be Vista Lounge)

If you're panicked about the progress of the construction, remember that:

1) Sky looked just as desolate just a few weeks before debuting [Princess has stated a September 30th delivery for Enchanted, but.....who's to say they can't change that, given how much they've already reneged on?]

2) The ship has nowhere to go until who knows when, so I feel they can honestly take their sweet time if they need to. And maybe hopefully make some more design changes conducive to better cleanliness. (Does anyone remember the failing Regal score by the CDC back in early-March?? I know management played a role in that, but actual design elements can still make things easier to keep clean.)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Someone who was on the last LIVE telecon stated Jan said they will receive delivery of the Enchanted on Sept. 30.

Yes, that was last Thursday. Jan said there will be a virtual handover of Enchanted on Sept 30 and then she will head over to Trieste to wait it out....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some nice shots of the painting and artistry at work for the Amalfi Dining Room on Enchanted. The new blue and white carpet and paint scheme in the traditional dining room were introduced on Sky and are a stark contrast to the dark wood and red hues seen on the likes of Royal and Regal.

If you're confused about which dining room Amalfi will be and you've been on other Royal-class vessels, just remember the A-C-S layout --> Amalfi = Allegro, Capri = Concerto, Santorini = Symphony.

image.png.f68f63e196730bf5739f46c78488af96.png

image.png.efc2595a121e37a7999978491ea4bbab.png

image.png.275212e868fae00849ca67005454095a.png

image.png.f362f513dac32b0b50e44ef93246e08c.png

image.png.4b668ed329f34d6156a37ffd07c54316.png

And for anyone who really keeps track of the details, Enchanted will have lifeboat tenders featuring a predominantly white/gray paint scheme with orange trim (instead of the usual orange paint with white trim)

image.png.eca58b5fea1ca13db336454e312fab74.png

Credit for artistry and images: Diego Bormida

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2020 at 12:56 PM, Anubi said:

I heard a rumour that Enchanted Princess will be deployed for Discovery Princess's transatlantic in November-December 2021 since Discovery won't be ready in time.  Can anyone confirm that or have additional information?  

That is interesting, in that we are booked on the Discovery Princess.  I do wonder if Princess will substitute the Enchanted for the Discovery Princess, pushing off construction of the latter ship. 

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

That is interesting, in that we are booked on the Discovery Princess.  I do wonder if Princess will substitute the Enchanted for the Discovery Princess, pushing off construction of the latter ship. 

Discovery was scheduled for a few 2021 Caribbean voyages in December after her transatlantic. After that she was headed around South America to the west coast for cruises there. Very doubtful that the Enchanted would sail to the west coast. A different ship would sail those week long west coast cruises.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, cruisingpeople said:

After looking at the above photos, I think it is a safe bet that the ladders and handrails just haven't been installed yet. You can see where the brackets are in place. As far as "steps" are concerned, only the Retreat Pool near the Sanctuary on the Royal Class ships have steps.

Are there pictures of the Retreat Pool near the Sanctuary?  I have a foot problem the hinders me trying to get out of a pool using a "straight up and down ladder".

4 hours ago, ridgerunner51 said:

Are there pictures of the Retreat Pool near the Sanctuary?  I have a foot problem the hinders me trying to get out of a pool using a "straight up and down ladder".

ALL the pools on Sky were ladder only, no stairs. Assume Enchanted and Discovery will be the same.

7 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

ALL the pools on Sky were ladder only, no stairs. Assume Enchanted and Discovery will be the same.

The you tube video minute 3:29 has pictures of the Sky's retreat pool. Looks like ladders only as reported.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=sky+princess+reviews+youtube#id=1&vid=78068b386561799f72192b466afb8dd6&action=click 

Thanks everyone for the input on the pool ladders.  It is a shame they all will be 90-degree straight up and down ladders.  I have been on ships that have ladders that are angled going into the water and the steps are wider; they make getting in and out of the water so much easier.

Love the shades of blue colors theme!  Hope Princess will have sort of announcement after Sept 30 that will feature real photos vs design boards.  

Cannot wait to board May 2021.  Been a while since I have been on first year of a new Princess ship.  I think my last was Royal in 2012.

I have one of the new floor to ceiling ocean view cabins directly on the front of the ship 😊

Was looking to book a cruise next fall on the Enchanted and just happened to check on my boked Feb 6 cruise and noticed that there was a price reduction for our cabin. Call my TA and she was able to apply the savings. This is the second reduction since we booked last fall. It's always a good practice to check.

I also booked the Enchanted for 11/30/21 and was able to book the same cabin D 222. Has anyone stayed in that cabin on the Sky?