Enchanted Princess: Construction/Delivery PROGRESS THREAD

snoozecrooze

On 7/2/2020 at 7:47 PM, snoozecrooze said:

For anyone keeping track of deck plans, Princess has released (not necessarily today, but I just noticed it after perusing) separate deck plans for both Enchanted & Sky to be used beginning in November 2021. Might be helpful to some!

ENCHANTED will be using the new deck plan for voyages sailing after November 30, 2021 (itineraries during this timeframe are not yet released). The changes are the following:

• DECK 10 CARIBE: Deluxe Balcony cabins C736 and C737 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 11 BAJA: Deluxe Balcony cabins B732 and B733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 12 ALOHA: Deluxe Balcony cabins A732 and A733 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 14 RIVIERA: Deluxe Balcony cabins R728 and R729 will change categories from DD to DE.
  • DECK 17 SUN: Penthouse Suite cabins S109, S110, S111, S112, S114, and S115 will change categories from S4 to S6 and become Vista Suite cabins.

There were no changes made to any public areas on the new deck plan. 

----------------------------------------------

So we're booked on the sailing the departs ON 11/30/21... which deck plan do we use?  It's confusing since it says AFTER Nov 30 and we will be on her "after" 11/30 but the cruise begins ON 11/30.  Semantics can be tricky sometimes...☺️

On 8/31/2020 at 6:16 AM, dides said:

The Princess "Journey"  magazine for UK customers was released this week had a little section on Enchanted Princess which got me intrigued.  Apparently "she has more pools and hot tubs than any other Princess ship".  I've done a quick deck plan comparison with Sky Princess and can't spot any differences. Anyone got any insight here? 

excitedforenchanted.JPG.4454dfe38f03e6410c23399ca2484ce8.JPG

On 8/31/2020 at 8:16 AM, skynight said:

Not true by my count:

Enchanted has

2 main lido pools, 1 retreat pool, 1 small wake view pool, 3 lido deck hot tubs by the main pool, 4 hot tubs on the sun deck.

Total 4 pools, 7 hot tubs, same for Sky.

Regal has 4 pools and 6 hot tubs, Ruby has 5 pools and 7 hot tubs, Caribbean has 5 pools plus a large youth pool/splash area, 7 hot tubs, and so on.

Maybe there are some small wading pools in the kids areas??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Av8tor said:

So we're booked on the sailing the departs ON 11/30/21... which deck plan do we use?  It's confusing since it says AFTER Nov 30 and we will be on her "after" 11/30 but the cruise begins ON 11/30.  Semantics can be tricky sometimes...☺️

I totally get it. What is language sometimes. I think your situation is considered the "after" one, but... don't hold me to that.🙃

21 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Unless you are in one of the cabins mentioned in the post by snoozecrooze, you could use either plan as nothing else changed.

If you are in one of those cabins, check your cabin category with what  snoozecrooze  posted and you will know if before or after applies.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:12 AM, Av8tor said:

Maybe there are some small wading pools in the kids areas??

"Enchanted has

2 main lido pools, 1 retreat pool, 1 small wake view pool, 3 lido deck hot tubs by the main pool, 4 hot tubs on the sun deck.

Total 4 pools, 7 hot tubs, same for Sky."

Actually I missed the 3 hot tubs on deck 18. So it's 4 pools and 10 hot tubs for the Enchanted, same as the Sky. Next highest is the Caribbean with 13. One is a large splash/water play area. 

I did start a thread about the Discovery Princess.  Only a few comments.  We are also booked on the Discovery Princess...Trans-Atlantic during November.  I do know that construction is taking place, but as time goes by, it is becoming apparent that the ship will not be ready as scheduled.  In fact, there have been rumors that Princess may delay and substitute the Enchanted Princes for the Discovery Princess.  They did this in the past with the Diamond and Sapphire Princess.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

I did start a thread about the Discovery Princess.  Only a few comments.  We are also booked on the Discovery Princess...Trans-Atlantic during November.  I do know that construction is taking place, but as time goes by, it is becoming apparent that the ship will not be ready as scheduled.  In fact, there have been rumors that Princess may delay and substitute the Enchanted Princes for the Discovery Princess.  They did this in the past with the Diamond and Sapphire Princess.   

Can you post where your Discovery post is?

I am on the Discovery Dec 13, 2021Eastern Caribbean.  I would not mind if they switched ships to the Enchanted another new ship, as long as their keep the same itinerary and the same cabins as I have 9 cabins in a row.

When they switched my Grand B2B cruise, we had the same cabin to the Regal they put us in 2 different cabins, my agent was able to get the same cabin.

20 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am on the Discovery Dec 13, 2021Eastern Caribbean.  I would not mind if they switched ships to the Enchanted another new ship, as long as their keep the same itinerary and the same cabins as I have 9 cabins in a row.

When they switched my Grand B2B cruise, we had the same cabin to the Regal they put us in 2 different cabins, my agent was able to get the same cabin.

Enchanted is already doing Caribbean cruise ( some 10 day southern ) in December 2021...

If Discovery is delayed Princess will most likely just cancel those affected and give them a small OBC when they rebook. I doubt a ship will be pulled off published sailings to “replace” her. If one want this class of ship for a Transatlantic or Caribbean at a similar time you have Sky and Enchanted, for California/Mexico you have Majestic. There’s no direct replacement for her South America sailings other than the normal ones being offered on Diamond. 

I think it’s entirely possible that Discovery launches Spring 2022 and spends a full summer/fall in Europe  and does not go to California or Alaska for 2021/22. I think Majestic being put in LA is the defacto replacement for Discovery , though Princess have not said as much

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If Discovery is delayed Princess will most likely just cancel those affected and give them a small OBC when they rebook. I doubt a ship will be pulled off published sailings to “replace” her. If one want this class of ship for a Transatlantic or Caribbean at a similar time you have Sky and Enchanted, for California/Mexico you have Majestic. There’s no direct replacement for her South America sailings other than the normal ones being offered on Diamond. 

I think it’s entirely possible that Discovery launches Spring 2022 and spends a full summer/fall in Europe  and does not go to California or Alaska for 2021/22. I think Majestic being put in LA is the defacto replacement for Discovery , though Princess have not said as much

Oh man, I hope not.  Before all the kerfuffle of the recent changes, Enchanted was the only new ship without a transatlantic scheduled.  I really hope they redeploy the Enchanted for the Discovery.  😞 

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

Oh man, I hope not.  Before all the kerfuffle of the recent changes, Enchanted was the only new ship without a transatlantic scheduled.  I really hope they redeploy the Enchanted for the Discovery.  😞 

I think the lack of a Transatlantic for Enchanted is actually an “oops”. She originally had one scheduled when the initial Europe deployment came out last fall and sat some point that got canceled and she was supposed to deploy to Asia for fall 2021/22. When that didn’t pan out they never added back a fall transatlantic so now she has a 7 day Med with a 7 day gap and then starts her first 10 day Caribbean. I think when all the dust settles that last 7 day Med gets cancelled to be replaced with a 14 day Transatlantic.  Enchanted will not go to the West Coast to replace Discovery. That’s why Princess have deployed Majestic to LA with a full season of 7 day Mexico/California Costal sailings. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

A Sunday update on September 20, 2020:

Jan Swartz did an interview with Bill Panoff, CEO of Porthole Cruise Magazine. Among other things, she talks about the new ship -- so for Enchanted, she reiterates details most of us already know:

• DELIVERY: still scheduled for September 30, 2020 
    • Virtual ceremony (kind of like how Celebrity Apex was delivered earlier this year)
    • Princess' shipboard team is already on the ground in Italy to prepare for delivery
  • Ship will move to Trieste for lay-up thereafter
  • Start date for the ship is still not yet firmly established 
    • (Princess' 1st Enchanted sailing on sale is currently December 19, subject to change of course)

- She also sidestepped the growing question of "will Princess restrict excursions?" (in reference to MSC's protocols) and left it to kind of a 'time and science will guide us to the best options when we get there' response.

- She didn't give a forward outlook on if other online events (like Princess Connects) will continue in the near future.

- She brags about Medallion Class cruising and really makes a point to emphasize how important it will be for their operations once they resume (in response to being asked how she would basically sell the Princess product to the average consumer). To me, it's pretty much obvious that this means they'll only start cruises on ships already installed with the system and will be highly reliant on the system from here on out to maintain service efficiency and optimization during the pandemic. So I'm really expecting them to give big updates to the app later this year and make it even more functional, glitchless, and seamless like they intended for it to be.

----------------------------------------------------

Here are some pictures of Enchanted seen at the Fincantieri shipyard:

image.thumb.png.f0fe086561ea17257b569083a456c3c8.png

(left - Enchanted; right - MSC Seashore)

image.png.f7bbfe21bc4ae3eda3c4a2b8ea1b425a.png

image.png.32c5d0f1dcba8848307e1a09ff96cfa4.png

Pool layout seems very similar to Sky here -- nothing looks different to me.

And here, another design firm commissioned for the ship released a picture of their Ocean Front display.

image.thumb.png.28df71d61eee1b854dffa3efb5c1a570.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, phabric said:

There is always a chance, but I would have a back up plan in mind. The Discovery is still on Princess' schedule for 4 Caribbean voyages, yours being the 2nd, before it sails around South America to the west coast. The Enchanted is scheduled for alternating 10 day Caribbean itineraries during this time and is scheduled to remain in the Caribbean for the season. These 10 day itineraries are very popular, many sail b2b's. Probably way more complicated and costly for Princess to rearrange all those passengers on the Enchanted than just cancelling the Discovery voyages if the ship isn't ready.

56 minutes ago, skynight said:

There is always a chance, but I would have a back up plan in mind. The Discovery is still on Princess' schedule for 4 Caribbean voyages, yours being the 2nd, before it sails around South America to the west coast. The Enchanted is scheduled for alternating 10 day Caribbean itineraries during this time and is scheduled to remain in the Caribbean for the season. These 10 day itineraries are very popular, many sail b2b's. Probably way more complicated and costly for Princess to rearrange all those passengers on the Enchanted than just cancelling the Discovery voyages if the ship isn't ready.

I have decided to also book the Enchanted for the 10 day as a backup and decide at a later date IF the Discovery will sail Dec 13, 2021 since I have connecting cabins plus many others cabins in a row.

The dockyard will have to catch up the 4 months when they were stopped/closed down.  The dockyard must have a schedule that they follow for when each section is done and not be able to make up the work/time.

Princess will not take off the Discovery schedule yet as they want people to book..  They are now totally cancelling some Alaska cruise and offering a very small OBC and other sailings they are switching ships and people are waiting to see which cabins they are getting by Sept 30.

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have decided to also book the Enchanted for the 10 day as a backup and decide at a later date IF the Discovery will sail Dec 13, 2021 since I have connecting cabins plus many others cabins in a row.

The dockyard will have to catch up the 4 months when they were stopped/closed down.  The dockyard must have a schedule that they follow for when each section is done and not be able to make up the work/time.

Princess will not take off the Discovery schedule yet as they want people to book..  They are now totally cancelling some Alaska cruise and offering a very small OBC and other sailings they are switching ships and people are waiting to see which cabins they are getting by Sept 30.

yeah, we're prolly looking forward to that $ 15 OBC when our Discovery cruise is cancelled - the little 4 day before yours

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

yeah, we're prolly looking forward to that $ 15 OBC when our Discovery cruise is cancelled - the little 4 day before yours

My agent believes that the Discovery will have an early 2022 launch, not official.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, dae66 said:

Was looking to book a cruise next fall on the Enchanted and just happened to check on my boked Feb 6 cruise and noticed that there was a price reduction for our cabin. Call my TA and she was able to apply the savings. This is the second reduction since we booked last fall. It's always a good practice to check.

I also booked the Enchanted for 11/30/21 and was able to book the same cabin D 222. Has anyone stayed in that cabin on the Sky?

My wife has a almost daily routine of checking for any fare reductions and it's almost a contest to see if our PVP calls her first or if she calls Melissa first.  Usually we consider it a tie in most cases seeing that our PVP is 3 hours behind us.  Regardless, it is a great practice to keep checking the fares.

We had made a habit of staying in the same cabin E702 on 8 of our voyages on the Royal and Regal because it was priced as obstructed when it really wasn't.  When the next versions of Royal Class ships came out they changed the category and configuration so we moved to a different cabin, but I still tended to get off the aft elevator, go port side and turn right out of habit.

Our next voyage is on the Enchanted, January 9th and we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will be still on schedule for Port Everglades departures......and no, we aren't in E702.

Glad to hear the ship will be ready by November as we are booked on a Western Caribbean for January 2021.

We originally were going to do the TA out of Barcelona in November but that was cancelled so we have put off our TA until 2021 which is scheduled to be on the Regal. Hoping that the virus situation will be resolved by then.

4 hours ago, Grego said:

My wife has a almost daily routine of checking for any fare reductions and it's almost a contest to see if our PVP calls her first or if she calls Melissa first.  Usually we consider it a tie in most cases seeing that our PVP is 3 hours behind us.  Regardless, it is a great practice to keep checking the fares.

We had made a habit of staying in the same cabin E702 on 8 of our voyages on the Royal and Regal because it was priced as obstructed when it really wasn't.  When the next versions of Royal Class ships came out they changed the category and configuration so we moved to a different cabin, but I still tended to get off the aft elevator, go port side and turn right out of habit.

Our next voyage is on the Enchanted, January 9th and we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will be still on schedule for Port Everglades departures......and no, we aren't in E702.

I have had E701 on anther ship (Caribbean Princess?), great cabin, pay for obstructed Oceanview and get Non obstructed cabin.

2 hours ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

For our January cruise on Enchanted we are in M106 which is a mini suite on Marina deck forward, looks like it is over the bridge. Never had a forward cabin before, this will be interesting. Has anyone had experience with this type of cabin?

Looks like a good size balcony but I think you can't use it while underway.