No longer able to log in with Safari

In the past, I've been able to log in on my iPhone, but now I can't.  No matter how long I click on "sign in" or even "sign up" nothing happens.  Which means that I can no longer post from my mobile device.  The only device I take on a cruise.

Did something change recently?

iOS 13.4.1 and Safari that goes with it.

Odd that another board that I'm part of just had a software update, and it's not at all on Safari- just a blank white screen.

Tried that, didn't work.

Just that the link never forwards on Safari- neither for "Existing user: Sign In" or "Sign Up".  

So I can't post anything from my iPhone.

You can always try another browser on your iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I encountered that in Android some time ago. If memory serves, the workaround was to use the CC menu to log in rather than the boards menu (blue bar).

Is the sign in popup hidden by the menu?

Cruisecritic website always had some weird problem with different browsers. Safari is one of them, I always have problems logging in when using my iphone. I never had problems with chrome both on my computer and the phone and I think that it is due to some internal restrictions of apple within its products. Maybe the website uses some weird security protocols or something. We will have to find out 

1 hour ago, broberts said:

I encountered that in Android some time ago. If memory serves, the workaround was to use the CC menu to log in rather than the boards menu (blue bar).

Is the sign in popup hidden by the menu?

So I tried the suggestion, and my older SE does not allow me to scroll down to hit "log in"- every time I try, it goes back up.  

And when I use the access to the blue bar, nothing is blocked, it just does nothing.  

21 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Cruisecritic website always had some weird problem with different browsers. Safari is one of them, I always have problems logging in when using my iphone. I never had problems with chrome both on my computer and the phone and I think that it is due to some internal restrictions of apple within its products. Maybe the website uses some weird security protocols or something. We will have to find out 

So the thing about Safari is that I can block ads on my iPhone.  

I know that this site lives on ads, but many of them are incredibly obnoxious- with sound, and the ads are so large that they slow the site down a lot.  I've brought this issue up before, to no avail.  If they just had simple banner ads, it would be ok.  But the ones that use any kind of code is just too much for me, and I want to block them.

It's great that you can.  But I can't- so that isn't much help.

Oh, well.  

It indicates the problem is not mobile Safari but something unique to your configuration or that you are doing.

What ad blocker are you using? Turn it off and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m on my iPad with no problems, nor on my mini.  Both with 13.5.1. I haven’t ride on my new SE, never did on the old SE either as scree is too small for my elderly eyes.  EM

Following iOS 12 which was for both iPhone and iPad the operating system has been branched so that on an iPad you are running iPadOS 13.5.1 and on an iPhone iOS 13.5.1. On an iPhone that means the default is the mobile Safari browser. On an iPad that means the default is the desktop Safari browser. They render pages differently.

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It indicates the problem is not mobile Safari but something unique to your configuration or that you are doing.

What ad blocker are you using? Turn it off and see if that makes a difference.

That does work, but as I posted before, that's not something I want to do.

Whoever put the constraints on google on what kind of ads they post doesn't do a great job, and the ads are very big relative to the site.  Which makes downloading them on a constrained cellular plan a real problem.  So I have to block them so that I can even use the site.

Maybe I'll try for a while, but it also means that all ads from all sites get through.  Which isn't something I'm willing to do.

That does work, but as I posted before, that's not something I want to do.

Whoever put the constraints on google on what kind of ads they post doesn't do a great job, and the ads are very big relative to the site.  Which makes downloading them on a constrained cellular plan a real problem.  So I have to block them so that I can even use the site.

Maybe I'll try for a while, but it also means that all ads from all sites get through.  Which isn't something I'm willing to do.

What blocker were you using? I would try a different content blocker. There are a whole bunch. I am using AdGuard with no issue and it blocks ads. Two others with good ratings are Magic Lasso and Wipr. Magic Lasso is free. I don’t recall if AdGuard has a cost.