Enchanted - Sea Trials (Panzano, Italy)

need2cruisesoon

Thanks for this update.  I have been looking on line for anything I could find since the shut down.  Looks wonderful and thanks for the speculation commets on what could be new vs Sky.  Pictures are nice - the front caught my attention since we have been lucky enough to be booked May 8, 2021 for 21 days Mediterranean Barcelona to Barcelona in one of the new ocean view cabins at front of ship.  Cruise withdrawal has been tough!  

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Squire5000 said:

As of today, I seriously doubt that EP will participate any Caribbean cruises in 2021/2022.    

2021 I might agree, but I think stretching it out to 2022 might be a little too long.

2 hours ago, Squire5000 said:

As of today, I seriously doubt that EP will participate any Caribbean cruises in 2021/2022.    

Why do you say that?  I would like to reserve a Southern Caribbean cruise on her sailing on Nov. 30, 2021.  On the website it is cheaper than the one just cancelled on the Sky and same itinerary, same cabin.

1 hour ago, ssawjo said:

Why do you say that?  I would like to reserve a Southern Caribbean cruise on her sailing on Nov. 30, 2021.  On the website it is cheaper than the one just cancelled on the Sky and same itinerary, same cabin.

We just reserved that same Enchanted Princess  cruise 11/30/2021 after having cancelled the cruise on the Sky Princess.

16 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess confirmed today that Enchanted will be delivered to Princess on 9/30/20.

see ya got something outta the zoom meeting, it wasn't a total waste 

40 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess confirmed today that Enchanted will be delivered to Princess on 9/30/20.

Is the plan still for her to sail to Florida?  We are on the April TA, and I wonder if they will just keep her in Europe.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Is the plan still for her to sail to Florida?  We are on the April TA, and I wonder if they will just keep her in Europe.

Thank you.

I doubt it will sail to Florida given the scale of infections and apathy to contain them.

41 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you.

They did not say what the ship will do once it is delivered although it is obvious the ship is being delivered during a pause in sailings.

However, they do not know the future any better than you or I or the Magic 8 Ball. For the present they assume that all scheduled cruises past Pause 4 are still on the schedule.

• Like 1

Most of the ships are nowhere near where they are scheduled to sail from (some are in the Phillipines, some in Europe, some in the Caribbean, some off the US West Coast, etc).  Enchanted is scheduled for 7 night Caribbean sailings until end of March.  Once the "pause" ends and sailings resume they will need to re-crew and reposition ships to their home ports.  There may be ship swaps as a result, there may not be.  Heck, sailings may not resume until after the end of the planned Caribbean season.  I do not see Princess (or any other cruise line) creating entirely new itineraries on short notice and offering them for sale.  They will initially operate a select number of existing itineraries (that have existing bookings) and go from there.  They may also offer some move over offers once sailings recommence for ships not immediately reactivated.  

We watch UTUBE vlogger, Alfie Smith, "same ship different day". Alfie is a senior second officer with Princess and during one of his live Q&A sessions, someone asked him when he thought the EP would commence sailing and he said he thought she might do a Med season first.  His answer surprised me as I thought if she is ready for delivery now, why wouldn't she do a first season in the Caribbean, but now cruises are 'paused' till Dec, I wonder if this might be the case.  Hope not as we are booked on her in March but I am not holding my breath. Would thoroughly recommend Alfie's channel - very informative and interesting, but don't try 'asking' for it via a voice activated remote - it thinks you are being rude!!!

18 hours ago, Esprit said:

I doubt it will sail to Florida given the scale of infections and apathy to contain them.

I'm inclined to agree.  Too much uncertainty at this point in time.  Not only is the CDC "do not sail order" likely to be extended, getting to the port by air is a potential non starter for many.

4 hours ago, Jasmine6 said:

We watch UTUBE vlogger, Alfie Smith, "same ship different day". Alfie is a senior second officer with Princess and during one of his live Q&A sessions, someone asked him when he thought the EP would commence sailing and he said he thought she might do a Med season first.  His answer surprised me as I thought if she is ready for delivery now, why wouldn't she do a first season in the Caribbean, but now cruises are 'paused' till Dec, I wonder if this might be the case.  Hope not as we are booked on her in March but I am not holding my breath. Would thoroughly recommend Alfie's channel - very informative and interesting, but don't try 'asking' for it via a voice activated remote - it thinks you are being rude!!!

This is what I have been thinking for many months now.  In my mind, it doesn't make sense to bring her to Florida for such a short Caribbean season when there are plenty of ships across many lines with the same itinerary.  I don't have my heart set on the TA so I am okay with whatever happens.  I hope to know sooner rather than later.  Thank you for sharing!

I so appreciate people in the know keeping this topic updated on EP.  It keeps my hope alive that my 21 day RT Barcelona May 8, 2021 could still sail!  First worry was not having the ship - can check that box complete as of 9/30.  Next worry will be the CDC guidelines for cruises to resume again.  I think I might print off those questions on Federal Register for the public to respond and submit my two cents.  Perhaps if enough of us wanting to cruise again submit positive comments and realistic concerns it might help.  Regardless of how careful everyone is with all these protocols, there will never be a complete “fix” to keep from getting it.  Reality check - we all get our seasonal flu shot and yet 40K to 60K annually in the US still die from the flu.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:43 AM, Squire5000 said:

That is the ultimate in pessimism if you think that the Enchanted will not cross the pond at all and have her inaugural in Europe in the spring of 2022.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Esprit said:

Many things can change over the next 5 months and it looks like at this point, the Christmas sailing on December 19 would be the inaugural.

Speaking with someone in the know, most of the entertainment crew (performers, cruise staff) have been informed that as of now they will not be heading to the ship until end of January/early Feb. Granted things can and will continue to change, however this information is as of this week.   
As others have mentioned, I don't have much hope that the Enchanted Princess will see the Caribbean this winter. Caribbean and Sky Princess are doing Caribbean, not sure if it makes much sense to bring her across the TA to only sail for approx. 2 months.    

If they decide not to bring her over to the Caribbean this season, I hope rather than just cancel the voyages that they will offer to move those of us booked to another ship.

Edited by flyboy88