Am I reading too much into this?

newyorker123

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Should our November 2020 cruise get cancelled, I expect what you've experienced -two used FCCs plus cash balance turned into a new FCC. And, I bet the extension deadlines will be book within one year of new FCC Issue and cruise within current schedule's 2022 extent.

As for other posts here, it has been a moving target.

We were in the first phase of Covid adjustments with a modified Nautica cruise from February 2020. The 25% FCC (on top of 50% refund) was "use by 12/31/20 and cruise by 12/31/20."

For our O cancelled Insignia cruise (May/June 2020), another 25% FCC (on top of 100% refund)  book within one year of FCC issue date (February 2021) for cruises through same date in 2022.

FWIW, several O Club Ambassadors we know all advise to make sure the cruise(s) for which you will use the FCCs meet the book by/cruise by deadlines but not to apply FCCs until final payments are due so as to avoid any complications/issues should you decide to change plans or if O cancels that cruise. Basically, their advice is to keep things as simple as possible.

Good advice until you have the scenario where you didn't apply the FCC when your cruise is canceled, but there are still cruises available within the timeframe of the FCC.  Will you be forced to book a much more expensive cruise, possibly one that is totally out of your budget?

Deadzone, we are in the same boat as you, literally the same sailing.  Also paid with FCC +$$$ for this 17 day cruise.  Hoping that if O cancels the 12/3 cruise a new FCC will be issued in the same amount as the original one, plus the extra bucks paid.  I say hopefully since our original FCC was for 150% as O cancelled within 10 days of our April sailing.

But to be truthful, I'm REALLY HOPING no cancellation occurs!  I need to be back on the sea again.  Being there is a wonderful tranquilizer.

20 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Deadzone, we are in the same boat as you, literally the same sailing.  Also paid with FCC +$$$ for this 17 day cruise.  Hoping that if O cancels the 12/3 cruise a new FCC will be issued in the same amount as the original one, plus the extra bucks paid.  I say hopefully since our original FCC was for 150% as O cancelled within 10 days of our April sailing.

But to be truthful, I'm REALLY HOPING no cancellation occurs!  I need to be back on the sea again.  Being there is a wonderful tranquilizer.

If we do go and there is no vaccine, may have to take that malaria prophylactic, LOL. 

You can ask for a refund for the extra money paid, your $$$.  The FCC will be rolled over, though I don't know if it will be 100% or 125%. 

Another cruise just cancelled this morning!  My brother called to cancel our trip to one of the spoil islands in the Indian River Lagoon at the St Lucie Inlet due to high bacteria levels!  Boo Hoo, was looking forward to it too.  At least no $$ riding on this one.

Donna