Some airlines banning alcohol because of Covid

ninjacat123

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

alcohol kills germs. they should include one of those travel size bottles with each ticket.

c58f86b345221a90615c021c853fd410.gif

You are allowed to take those mini bottles on board. Just be discreet when pouring. 😉

The WHO warned against over consumption of alcoholic beverages.  Might weaken the immune system or generate habits that could cause transmittal, like not using a mask, no social distance, not washing hands, coughing, etc.   But always take WHO reports with a jigger of tequila and salt. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously, some pre CV19 studies, done back in the 20-teens show that excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages is correlated to an adverse effect on the immune system.

• Haha 1

I would be very surprised to see Carnival Cruise Line offer a cruise without alcohol. Not only would I be surprised to see it happen, I would be surprised to see the difference in onboard experience. It just wouldn’t be the party atmosphere Carnival is known for... doubt many Carnival loyalists would enjoy it.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

You are allowed to take those mini bottles on board. Just be discreet when pouring. 😉

Incorrect.

It is a violation of the FARs for a passenger to consume any alcohol that was not served to them by a flight attendant.  So, if you are nipping from your own stash, know that you are in violation of federal law.

And, given how some FAs are on power trips, using "security" as a bludgeon, I'd be even more on my guard.  Remember that failing to comply with instructions of a member of the flight crew is also a federal crime.

• Like 2