Do you have to call in to reserve accessible cabins now?

It seems Royal has changed how to book an accessible cabin on their website.  Once you select the box that you need an accessible cabin, it takes you to the next screen and it says "showing only accessible rooms" but once you make your selection between interior, oceanview, balcony or suite and proceed to pick your cabin, none of the available cabins are accessible.   Do you have to call in now to reserve one?   

Edited by ryano

Cruise line websites are only good for researching and comparing  price and itinerary between brands. When it comes to the actual booking it's best to deal with a human, especially if there are special circumstances like group bookings and accessible rooms 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I thought you always had to call to get an accessible room (their way of trying to restrict the inventory to those who need it). 

Not on Royal. Until this problem, they were the easiest to use for accessible rooms.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:40 PM, nonnie&dgd said:

I noticed that too. I feel bad for people booking the selection given only to find out it’s not an accessible stateroom when they get there.

I wouldnt be able to cruise.  I am 100% confined to a wheelchair due to paraplegia.  I absolutely HAVE to have an accessible cabin.  Im finding now that we have to book over a year out generally due to these booking up so fast.  I use to have no problem finding an accessible cabin inside 6 months before the cruise.  That may be on the of the reasons they have went to this.

Thanks for the information everyone!   I now have a wonderful TA and she can handle this for me  🙂