Where are you spending your STAYCATION?

cynt

Just got back from my first vacay. It was sort of a real "staycation" since we stayed at our in-laws, in our future retirement home. Much better staying home playing on the water!

Tube John Hx riding.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:21 PM, Host Carolyn said:

Okay...............fun topic.......please PLEASE just your plans.....if it gets even slightly into states reopening, covid stats etc it will go.

Staycation thread is a Covid-free, statistic free, negativity free thread !!!!!

It might not be your ideal alternative to a Carnival cruise but it is someone's...

I'm going ....I hope... to Myrtle Beach with my girlfriends end of August for a week...seafood, beachy boozy drinks and lots of sun....

COVID is rampant in Myrtle Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a staycation since we are traveling far from home, but...

We decided if we can’t be on a Carnival ship having fun, why not go to where 4 CD’s and 1 former CD are working?! We are headed now to Margaritaville Lake Conroe to see what kind of fun Jaime and her team of Cookie, Leon, Schwartz and No-No can offer. At least our vacation will have a touch of Carnival to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I've never heard of a swim out suite.  How cool!!

If you look to the left side of the picture, you can see levels 2-5 of the 6 levels, all of them have their own swim out area that is attached to their balcony.   The balcony has two chairs, small table and small day bed and is attached to a swim out area that runs the length of the building.  The ground floor units that we are in are connected right to the pool which once again runs the entire length of the building and is maybe 3.5-4.0 feet at its deepest.  We lucked out and got a centrally located unit near the swim up bar.

We primarily cruise twice a year but after having 2 cancelled and our January  one in jeopardy, we decided to take advantage of the great deals that are being offered and to get away for a week.  Because of the 30% occupancy, some options for meals and bars are closed, but we're still having a great time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you look to the left side of the picture, you can see levels 2-5 of the 6 levels, all of them have their own swim out area that is attached to their balcony.   The balcony has two chairs, small table and small day bed and is attached to a swim out area that runs the length of the building.  The ground floor units that we are in are connected right to the pool which once again runs the entire length of the building and is maybe 3.5-4.0 feet at its deepest.  We lucked out and got a centrally located unit near the swim up bar.

We primarily cruise twice a year but after having 2 cancelled and our January  one in jeopardy, we decided to take advantage of the great deals that are being offered and to get away for a week.  Because of the 30% occupancy, some options for meals and bars are closed, but we're still having a great time.

Amazing!  What an awesome vacation.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:50 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Greetings from El Dorado Seaside Suites in Riviera Maya MX.  This is the view of our swim out suite towards the swim up bar.  Current capacity at 30% with social distancing not a problem.

20200721_150748.jpg

This looks like paradise.   

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Teknoge3k, those pictures are beautiful!  That place looks so peaceful.

It was our first AI. It was amazing and we were so spoiled the entire week. We had THE BEST butler and the staff there was absolutely amazing. We are definitely going back. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 5:07 PM, cynt said:

So, I have finally wrapped my mind around no planes or cruise vacations this year. Staycation it will be for us this summer while practicing social distancing of course. ROAD TRIP!!  All I see is the movie National Lampoon's Vacation.  One of the funniest craziest stupidest family movies ever!

So where are you and your family going to explore on your STAYCATION?

What's your favorite road trip food? 

Where do you have to stop on each family road trip?

We've already been to the state park about an hour from our house. Hiked and had a great time in the wilderness. We disconnected from the electronics because both of us working from home has been quite the experience. Next up, we're getting a beach house along the coast.  We're on the beach so we'll enjoy the crashing waves from our patio.  This is the closest thing I could find to a cruise. LOL!!  But YIKES!!! It's more expensive than a week cruise in a balcony cabin for 2.  And I'm not getting free meals, entertainment nor free ice cream.  SIGH!?!?!?  And I have to cook and clean up if we don't dine out breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.  Momma is not happy but you gotta do, what you gotta do.  I've always said cruising was a great value vacation. And that still holds true. 

Our favorite road trip food is summer sausage, cheese and crackers.  We never travel without them. O and sunflower seeds and Dr. Pepper if I'm driving.

We stop at https://buc-ees.com/. It's like a truck stop for cars on steroids. Best bathrooms ever! Hands down!  Plan to spend an hour there. Just cause.  It's like a Wally World gas station.

This is just a fun thread and to help some of us get creative ideas about some STAYCATIONS.  So don't be shy, where are you going on your staycation?  

I am an essential employee and work at a jail in Virginia (judicial - not jail staff).  BF is working remotely until October 1, so I'm taking a few days off in September and we are going to drive to West Virginia, rent a cabin and do a little white water rafting.   One evening is a walking ghost tour of an abandoned coal town.  I'm thinking on our way there we are going to stop at Virginia Safari Park (which is a drive through safari) and visit the animals.  No hotel (just the cabin) and just BF and me for the most part.  It's nice to have something to look forward to.   

• Like 1