6-18-20 Thursday Weigh-In .. Summer Time Really?

Belle

Aww you guys are sweet! @pacruise804 I believe I am an outgoing, positive, normally happy person. The last 12 weeks or so have been extremely divisive and upsetting. I have stopped watching the news. I've stuck to OnDemand, Netflix and other streaming where I don't have to see the country I love tear itself apart. I've also been reading and finding "projects" around my home to keep me busy. I didn't know until work yesterday that we have an election today. I had to do a lot of reading about the candidates last night.

I am working with Renaissance Periodization on my nutrition.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Sorry, I've been MIA for a few weeks. Life and all it's current craziness put me in a funk. I injured my back, went through two  deaths, (not real close family but still they definitely hit you and one was Covid related), I'm still unemployed but have been kept super busy with sewing masks and I just kind of gave up on even trying to exercise or eat right. Gained weight as a result (no surprise there!). I've missed you all, catching up on your wins and losses, motivation and of course, Belle's fabulous poems. 😀

I just got back from an extended weekend at the lake where DH posted a super unflattering photo of me and our dog to his Facebook. He sees nothing wrong with it, but I was horrified with how large and unfit I look. Really was the kick I needed to get back on track. So I've done a half hour calorie burner on my treadmill this morning, logged into my Fitness pal to record all my foods and logged in here to see you all and make myself accountable again. 

Now, I'm going to grab a tea and catch up on everyone's news. Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Belle said:

Liz...Congrats on all the steps.  Cruise did you say cruise. Where is your tiny cruise to?

It's just a little 4 dayer out of LA to San Diego and Ensenada (I might not even get off the ship).  Just need a break and to get away.  Plus, on Princess, I wanted to try out the anytime dining and the medallion thingy before my big trip next year.  But...I got the drink package so I plan on over consuming all the fluffy drinks and tiny bottles of champagne for four solid days!

• Like 1

Jenny, I am with you on trying to avoid the negative and am often hesitant to post much for fear of contributing to the problem.  I do feel it is important though to stay informed, I just wish it was easier to find unbiased reporting (which should be in our electronic age).  I have been spending more time with my children and really appreciate the extra time to navigate the change to being the parent of an adult child (DD will be 20 this year 😮 ).

I've been doing 2B Mindset through Beach Body (along with some of their exercise programs).  My body is loving the extra water and veggies and I'm not missing the excess carbs.  The family is on board too and DD is dropping weight and getting more fit too.  All of our nutrition is up, but still trying to get DS to gain weight since at his well visit he was almost 6' but under 115#.  His dad and my dad were both similar as teens though of very high metabolism, so I want to make sure he is having nutrient dense protein and carbs for his gain and not develop bad habits just to put on weight.

Welcome back, Robin 🙂 My sympathies on your losses and I pray your back is better.  A lake weekend sounds wonderful!  I try to assume the best of people - especially spouses - so I'm going to go with the thought that he thinks you are beautiful no matter what and didn't even realize the picture would bother you.  On the bright side at least you have some motivation to take care of your health again.

I didn't realize anyone was sailing yet!  Have a great trip Liz - and stay safe.

Thank you @pacruise804! Yes, DH's picture has provided much motivation and he said he really doesn't see what bothers me. 

Liz, you will love that trip! I did a similar one last fall that hit Catalina and Ensenada. It was short and sweet. Lots of fun! And we had the drink package too!! 😅

• Like 1

Hello All

Pac...Nice everyone that posted has O blood.  We still can get sick but not as sick as other blood types.

Yes we have to take precautions.  I'm still as stay at home person. Our county counts going up.

Your doing great on your eating. Happy for your daughter too.

Jenny...I know the news these days is to much. Our world is upside down at the moment.

Robin..So good to see you back.  So sorry you hurt your back. Hope it's better. Yes this world of ours

in putting us all in some kind of funk off and on.  Yes your husband loves you and sees the picture different then you.

Liz...Nice cruise, must be after Oct.?  Know you'll have fun especially with drink package.

Everyone have a good day eating wise and otherwise.

Gym report: we went during senior hour today 2-3pm. Was great, 7 people (including us) in the gym. Loved it. Will probably stick to that time to avoid people. It's super hot during that time of day but we live really close to the gym and because there's hardly anyone there it is easy to get a shady parking spot. 

Jenny, glad you are getting away from so much news. It just gets so depressing. Good to stay informed but I don't think we need to watch hours of news. Glad you've found some things to bide your time and bring you joy. 

Robin, hope your back gets better soon!

Have a nice evening everyone, Diana

• Like 1

PSA: Since so many of us are type O, if possible please try to donate blood.  Many areas are in short supply and the need is increasing as elective surgeries are starting back up.

Hoping to report a loss tomorrow!

• Like 1

I don't believe I am type O but I am signed up to donate tomorrow evening 🙂 It's been awhile since I've donated. I used to donate regularly but then started getting turned away because of "anemia". They always said that at the donation center but my doctor has never diagnosed it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1