Tahiti is always heavenly even with the unexpected

Petoonya

My 5/24/21 17 day Wind Spirit cruise blew up today.

Got a notice that the ship had been (the dreaded word) chartered. And so weird as I had a cabin assignment and an upgrade. Booked it a month ago.

Windstar is working hard to get me on the 4/29/21 18 day but I don't think I'll get confirmation straightaway. I got a FCC but Wind Star's bargain basement prices just increased by $1000pp so not quite sure what this will mean on the financials. Feel confident they'll come through. I was really disappointed but dh opened a bottle of champagne tonight to celebrate whatever cruise we end up on. Felt so terrific I could have donned coconuts and a grass skirt, and shook my booty.

Sorry about your cruise being chartered. I've been following your story on the Windstar forum. I just thought I'd send you a note and thank you for pointing our the very good Windstar prices. I was able to book a very low price because of you. 

Thanks

@Mercruiser

I'm so happy to hear that you got a great price! You are just going to love it. You did something wonderful for yourself.

As you've probably read elsewhere it's worked out nicely. I even got a big discount off the new cruise for our trouble. Since prices have increased I was sure they'd charge me the going rate but they honored the original price. It's worked out beautifully.

I'm very glad to hear they honored the original price. It would have been a punch in the gut to cancel your cruise and raise the price on a substitute.

The asking price for our Feb 11 cruise has risen from $1900 to $3500 for the base level window cabin. Glad I booked it at the low price.

6 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

IThe asking price for our Feb 11 cruise has risen from $1900 to $3500 for the base level window cabin. Glad I booked it at the low price.

Wow, nearly 50% increase. Mine was $3295 and now $4295 for a B. Creeping up to what they would have been six months ago. So many of us really cleaned up.

I'd love to divulge what WS gave me but not fair to them  I guess. But it was very, very good. People say Seattle isn't worth a whit, but in my case they really came through.