Embassy Suites 17th Street FLL?

pawmtweez

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

They did do some renovations a few years ago.....However in my opinion it's in need of one. Our last visit there we opted for the Hyatt Place instead.

There were no renovations to the rooms, just public areas such as the atrium.  

4 hours ago, Roz said:

There were no renovations to the rooms, just public areas such as the atrium.  

We were there, and they put in all new mattress's some furniture and changed out some TV's too....we considered this a renovation.

We were also there during the public/atrium updates.

Edited by Ashland

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We were there, and they put in all new mattress's some furniture and changed out some TV's too....we considered this a renovation.

We were also there during the public/atrium updates.

Good to know.

I think maybe they were looking for updates, not necessarily upgrades.  The rooms could use a fresh coat of paint (in a more current color), new carpet, better lighting in the living area, etc.  Some of the furniture is getting worn.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

There are much better hotels along 17th. street that are newer, cleaner, than E.S. It would be my last place to stay in this location , and we have been to 5 other hotels along 17th. street.

We opted for Hyatt Place last time....What other ones have you used ?

• Haha 1

1- Hyatt Place, 2- Hilton Marina, tower rooms only, 3 - Renaissance, 4 - Four Points By Sheraton, 5- Holiday Inn. In this order is our preference. They are all hands down cleaner in the rooms. Hilton Marina has a wonderful pool area and the views from the higher floors are nice. Have never had a problem with any of these listed. Hilton Marina can be a little slow on check-in. 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, Diver2014 said:

We've stayed there a couple of times.  Our rooms were fine and the public spaces were great.  What type of 'upgrades' were you looking for? 

Same.  The last time I stayed there I thought it was fine.  Maybe I got lucky and got a nice room.

Yes, updates and repairs, though really just more maintenance of the inevitable wear and tear on a high turnover property.  Chips in the bathroom furniture, nicks in the walls and furniture, permanent stains, discolorations, etc.

The last several times we've stayed there, there have been more and more of these "little" things that wouldn't phase me at all if it were a $70 a night roadside motel, but when you're paying more for a hotel, you expect better quality.

I was hoping that with the presumably reduced occupancy the past several months they would take the time to fix these things, which are not necessarily expensive to fix, but more time-intensive that you can't necessarily do when the room is occupied every night.

This all said, with cosmetic deficiencies and all,  I sure wish the current situation was different and we could all go visit😷.  We are really missing seeing 🌴s.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, nhraformula00 said:

1- Hyatt Place, 2- Hilton Marina, tower rooms only, 3 - Renaissance, 4 - Four Points By Sheraton, 5- Holiday Inn. In this order is our preference. They are all hands down cleaner in the rooms. Hilton Marina has a wonderful pool area and the views from the higher floors are nice. Have never had a problem with any of these listed. Hilton Marina can be a little slow on check-in. 

Any comments on the Hampton Inn which has great reviews on TripAdvisor?

RB