All 3 Galapagos ships will be sailing for mid-Sept restart

fstuff1

https://www.traveloffpath.com/celebrity-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

The following Celebrity Cruise Ships are scheduled to be reopening for sailings in September: 

• Celebrity Apex
  • Celebrity Edge
  • Celebrity Millennium
  • Celebrity Xploration
  • Celebrity Flora
  • Celebrity Xpedition

didnt think all 3 could goto the Galapagos?

heck, didnt they have problems last year with being allowed by the Galapagos govt to sail 2?

Edited by fstuff1

41 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/celebrity-cruises-reopening-everything-you-need-to-know/

The following Celebrity Cruise Ships are scheduled to be reopening for sailings in September: 

• Celebrity Apex
  • Celebrity Edge
  • Celebrity Millennium
  • Celebrity Xploration
  • Celebrity Flora
  • Celebrity Xpedition

didnt think all 3 could goto the Galapagos?

heck, didnt they have problems last year with being allowed by the Galapagos govt to sail 2?

You miss  6 ships : Constellation, Equinox, Infinity, Reflection, Silhouette & Solstice. 

36 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well as we are all learning, being scheduled for restart and actually restarting are entirely two different things.

But the Galapagos sized ships might be the best bet for restart due to size.  I really don't know anymore.

Galapagos cruising on ships with 100 people and no port stops.  Sounds like a good way to start if allowed by their government.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

You miss  6 ships : Constellation, Equinox, Infinity, Reflection, Silhouette & Solstice. 

shrug.

just going by what the article says.

only those 3 ships (apex, edge milli) will be sailing at the re-start in mid-sept

• Like 1

There will be no Galapagos sailings in 2020. The three X ships dedicated to that area will perhaps be cruising itineraries elsewhere until Equador is once again a viable tourist destination. Logically speaking, and considering the depth of information yet to be learned about the effects and spread from corona virus, the pristine waters of the Galapagos and its inhabitants need not be subject to possible tourist toxicity.

When next you cruise, only the best of times.  

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The government of Ecuador has announced that visitors arriving into the country must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. How many people would actually want to do that?

That's what I thought...Also thought that area in general was hit fairly hard with Corona.. We are not planning a Galapagos  cruise anytime soon,  so maybe others are following this more closely.

I've seen numerous articles posted like this for various cruise lines, and their only source of information seems to be what cruises are currently listed for sale.  The only thing that is an indication of is that they have not been canceled yet.  When cruising actually does resume, I'm sure there will be some sort of official announcement of what cruises will be operating with several weeks notice, rather than just not canceling them.

46 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I've seen numerous articles posted like this for various cruise lines, and their only source of information seems to be what cruises are currently listed for sale.  The only thing that is an indication of is that they have not been canceled yet.  When cruising actually does resume, I'm sure there will be some sort of official announcement of what cruises will be operating with several weeks notice, rather than just not canceling them.

In this case the author of the article seemed to only find sailing for 6 ships when if you look at the website there are sailing for every ship.  Anyone who reads the news knows there are many parts of the world that are not open to cruise ships and won’t be in September. Sounds like a novice travel reporter.

9 hours ago, BellKat said:

Still waiting for official notification that our Galapagos cruise on Flora in August is cancelled. Wish they would hurry up so we can use 125% FCC to book for next year.

you will soon get your wish I think

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

In this case the author of the article seemed to only find sailing for 6 ships when if you look at the website there are sailing for every ship.  Anyone who reads the news knows there are many parts of the world that are not open to cruise ships and won’t be in September. Sounds like a novice travel reporter.

The 6 ships that he found were the first 6 departures after the mid-September start up date. The author scrolled down as far as he/she could be bothered. Talk about lazy journalism.

Concerning the original subject of the thread, it could be that X has an agreement for so many passengers per year, and given the suspension in cruising they think they can send the 3 ships for a time to use up the backlog. Whether the Ecuadorians are in agreement with this strategy is another matter entirely.

43 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

Concerning the original subject of the thread, it could be that X has an agreement for so many passengers per year, and given the suspension in cruising they think they can send the 3 ships for a time to use up the backlog. Whether the Ecuadorians are in agreement with this strategy is another matter entirely.

I am confused by this portion of your post.  The three ships mentioned; Flora, Xpedition  and Xploration have been booking itineraries right along.  (The Xperience is no longer part of the fleet)  What is this "strategy" that you think the Ecudorian government will need to agree to.

Edited by sippican

I thought only two of the ships were being used at the moment. (with every ship except Flora beginning with an "Xp", I get confused 😉 ). - So based on this mis-conception, I was thinking that -X- were planning to increase the number of passengers cruising at any one time to use up the annual allocation. It was this catch-up that -X- may have decided to do, that the Ecuadorian government may not have agreed to. (But my whole email may have been based on a misconception)

7 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

I thought only two of the ships were being used at the moment. (with every ship except Flora beginning with an "Xp", I get confused 😉 ). - So based on this mis-conception, I was thinking that -X- were planning to increase the number of passengers cruising at any one time to use up the annual allocation. It was this catch-up that -X- may have decided to do, that the Ecuadorian government may not have agreed to. (But my whole email may have been based on a misconception)

The total number of ships and a specified number of visitors to the Galápagos Islands is highly restricted and determined by their government. There is no way X could, or would try to circumvent this. They would loose their access to travel there.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, taxatty said:

X is accepting bookings for Flora,  Xploration and Xpedition (the latter at a reduced capacity of 48--Deck 3 cabins empty) out to the end of 2022.

That is the ticket, then.  Book Xpedition at reduced capacity and save a bundle over Flora (which I do not understand).

• Like 1

Interesting. I read an article about a man who was traveling extensively through the region when Covid hit. He decided the Galapagos would be a great place to hunker down, so he extended his stay on the main island and loved the experience with just locals. I wonder if he’s moved on now.