Further restrictions on entry into New Zealand

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Thanks young Leigh, now there are prison officers, plus defence force people overseen by police doing the job, correctly and with diligence, one would hope.

You would assume so.

Leigh

On 6/30/2020 at 9:53 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

EU allowing New Zealanders to travel to Europe from tomorrow

The European Union has named 14 countries whose citizens are deemed "safe" to be let in from July 1, including Australia, Canada and Japan.

Global international travel and tourism had effectively come to a halt several months ago due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has warned anyone who takes a non-essential trip may need to pay for quarantine when they arrive back in the country.

Australia, Canada and Japan are also among the list of 14 countries the EU has deemed safe.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/eu-allowing-new-zealanders-travel-europe-tomorrow

Would not mind going back to uk to see relos, but uk is not the EU, plus still dying like flies over there. Gold Coast, Qld, sounds nice in a couple of weeks go see bro and sis, they could not get down for DW’s funeral im May.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Would not mind going back to see relos, but uk is not the EU, plus still dying like flies over there. Gold Coast, Qld, sounds nice in a couple of weeks go see bro and sis, they could not get down for DW’s funeral im May.

Have an enjoyable holiday on the Gold Coast with your brother and sister.  Weather is glorious at present, so expect a lot of visitors to the Gold Coast.  

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Have an enjoyable holiday on the Gold Coast with your brother and sister.  Weather is glorious at present, so expect a lot of visitors to the Gold Coast.  

Thanks Marion, will drive up, take my time, couple of stops as it is 15 hours driving from nsw south coast. No hurry these days. Have a week or two up there, Currumbin and nerang, prefer crumblin. Up the Pacific Hwy, Back the New England hwy, as i do.

Edited by NSWP

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Marion, will drive up, take my time, couple of stops as it is 15 hours driving from nsw south coast. No hurry these days. Have a week or two up there, Currumbin and nerang, prefer crumblin. Up the Pacific Hwy, Back the New England hwy, as i do.

My brother and sister in law live at Currumbin. 

Leigh

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is as good a trip as anywhere, with stopovers, via coastal and inland routes.  

8 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

As of today there is a 3 week delay for NZ citizens to get a booking on a flight back to NZ. The hotels set up for quarantine are full and any flight booking has to have a hotel booking as well . 

I'm surprised NZ citizens took so long to decide to fly home, after early warnings to return home. Good idea to have hotel accommodation linked to flight booking for those returning, to slow the rate of return to manageable numbers.  

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm surprised NZ citizens took so long to decide to fly home, after early warnings to return home. Good idea to have hotel accommodation linked to flight booking for those returning, to slow the rate of return to manageable numbers.  

It may not be that they took a long time to decide to return but that they haven't been able to get flights any earlier, and now they will have to wait even longer. It is probably the same for Australians.

• Like 2

It has been over 3 months since lock down.

Surely anyone who was in the developed world and wanted to come home, could have by now, so they should be paying for their own quarantine now, especially people returning from extended holidays etc..

An exemption to this are Australian Government employees (i.e defence or diplomatic staff) finishing their overseas contracts.

If people were working overseas, then their employers can wear the costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Melbourne has canceellled all international arrivals. Due to the extra load, Sydney has also introduced limits on inbound flights so it's hard to return now. Also Brisbane introduced hotel costs for quarantine so demand increasedon Sydney flights as NSW is still wearing the cost for pretty much all the country now.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:31 AM, MicCanberra said:

Some people have missed the window of opportunity for the return home without too much expense and hassle..

Thousands of Aussies have worked and lived in uk for many years, they have had 3 months to come back, so let them stay there and put up with the consequences. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:28 AM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

As of today there is a 3 week delay for NZ citizens to get a booking on a flight back to NZ. The hotels set up for quarantine are full and any flight booking has to have a hotel booking as well . 

Bondi and Cronulla will be deserted David.  Half a dozen cruise ships could ferry them back, plenty lying idle off Manila.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1