Rhapsody of the Seas for Sale

Original asking price was $235 million. Reduced $85 million to $150 million. Not 50 percent off.  Math similar to the beverage package 'sales'.

Edited by coaster
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, coaster said:

Original asking price was $235 million. Reduced $85 million to $150 million. Not 50 percent off.  Math similar to the beverage package 'sales'.

Plus gratuities and fees 😂 

Edited by tx121
  • Like 1

I think that, except for the very largest and newest, every cruise ship of every line would be for sale if there were any buyers. As things are right now, if a line decides to reduce its fleet, the ship may be scrapped.

I have a booking on the Rhapsody. This wouldn't cause me to cancel it. It may not happen soon, and itineraries might be assigned to another ship. Holland America had the Prinsendam listed for sale for about seven years.

• Haha 1

I wanted a Canada/New England cruise for 2022 is why I booked Rhapsody of the Seas for March 2022.............with the hope the ship might be out of the fleet by then allowing me a free move without a change fee to a Canada/New England sailing in the fall of 2022.

Couldn't do that itinerary in Fall of 2021 because we had another cruise already booked for that time frame.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

I hope it remains.  Just booked today to go on it next Oct.  Deliberately choose Rhapsody as we like the size.  Dislike the bigger ships.

Agree. Over last 20yrs done 300nites with another 11 Cruises Booked Nov2020-Nov2021 all Vision and Radiance Class. Enjoying them while I can...

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I hope it remains.  Just booked today to go on it next Oct.  Deliberately choose Rhapsody as we like the size.  Dislike the bigger ships.

Yes I agree as I like the size too.  I'm booked for a b2b this january.  

We usually do Rhapsody once a year.   Five years ago, during "meal with an officer" we were seated next to the finance officer.  He told us the Rhapsody was being sold that year....but it never happened.  Guess it's been in the works (or rumors) for some time now.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

We usually do Rhapsody once a year.   Five years ago, during "meal with an officer" we were seated next to the finance officer.  He told us the Rhapsody was being sold that year....but it never happened.  Guess it's been in the works (or rumors) for some time now.  

If all the stuff we hear from the crew were to come to fruition it would be very interesting.   For example, Symphony would be stretched and much longer than her sisters.  Heard it from a Captain.  Captain's are always right.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yaaahh!!  You can make decisions on what ports we get to visit!!  Packing my bags!!  😄 

Pick your favorites. 🎵Everybody, listen to me, and return me my ship, I'm your captain, I'm your captain... Welcome aboard my DS friend. No whiners allowed. Only those that enjoy cruising and having a great time. Great music, food, entertainment and unlimited drinks. 🍷🍻

Edited by davekathy

22 hours ago, twangster said:

If all the stuff we hear from the crew were to come to fruition it would be very interesting.   For example, Symphony would be stretched and much longer than her sisters.  Heard it from a Captain.  Captain's are always right.  😉 

LOL!!  That's hilarious!!  Had to be a joke from that captain....yikes, I can't imagine Symphony being even bigger!  🛳️

Pretty much just like the info we get from CS reps on the phone....they seem to be the last to know about any announcements..etc.  😉 

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Pick your favorites. 🎵Everybody, listen to me, and return me my ship, I'm your captain, I'm your captain... Welcome aboard my DS friend. No whiners allowed. Only those that enjoy cruising and having a great time. Great music, food, entertainment and unlimited drinks. 🍷🍻

Now THAT is what I would call a dream cruise!!  Yes yes...sign me up Captain!!   🛳️🍹🍷

image.jpeg.57655e9c46df5fff2a864b89c98a8b5d.jpeg

• Like 1