What's up with October 2020?

Cruisesfun65

We all know now that the official cruise pause is until Sept 30th.

But why are all the 6+ sailings suddenly unavailable for October???

Only 3, 4 and 5 day cruises open for booking.

Please don't say it's a reduced capacity issue, as that is a myth. No cruise line introduced reduced capacity sailing yet and every time a sailing has disappeared online it's been canceled shortly after. 

Having 2 short October cruises booked, I'm confused as to why these are still available. 

It's not so sudden. They pulled them last week. Wednesday I was looking at 6- day Freedom cruises and 7-day Vista cruises. Thursday morning they were all gone. I thought maybe they were going to cancel all 6+ day cruises for the month and just start with short cruises for October but there wasn't anything about that in today's announcement. It could just be capacity control.

Edited by Saint Greg

My October 24th Panorama cruise suddenly disappeared from Carnival's search engine.    It was there last night..  I have a bad feeling.   Exactly they have not said "limited capacity"   So if it was a limited capacity whenever somebody cancels their cruise would there an opening for another booking?

Edited by Cruiseboy06

My October 24th Panorama cruise suddenly disappeared from Carnival's search engine.    It was there last night..  I have a bad feeling.   Exactly they have not said "limited capacity"   So if it was a limited capacity whenever somebody cancels their cruise would there an opening for another booking?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on a cruise 10/25 out of Baltimore on the Pride, 7 days.  It is gone also.  As the OP stated only 3, 4 & 5 day cruises show availible.

My personal opinion is that they are planning to start off with shorter cruises first.  I am failry certain the 6+ day cruises in October will be cancelled.  My big hope is that if they are going to to that, they do it before my final payment date of July 27th.

I booked October 31 Sunrise out of Port Everglades last week - not a fan of cruises under seven nights (but might have to become one) - have January 30, 2020 cruise booked but was hoping to cruise before then. So it is “wait and see,” so far still there. Yikes!

2 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

We are booked on a cruise 10/25 out of Baltimore on the Pride, 7 days.  It is gone also.  As the OP stated only 3, 4 & 5 day cruises show availible.

But why would they not have included those in the cancellations today?  I am also booked for a 7 day out of Baltimore earlier in October and all the Bermuda cruises are gone from the website until 2021. 

1 hour ago, conwakr said:

But why would they not have included those in the cancellations today?  I am also booked for a 7 day out of Baltimore earlier in October and all the Bermuda cruises are gone from the website until 2021. 

So they don't have to deal with more refunds / rebooking at this time.

Edited by K&RCurt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

My personal opinion is that they are planning to start off with shorter cruises first.  I am failry certain the 6+ day cruises in October will be cancelled.  My big hope is that if they are going to to that, they do it before my final payment date of July 27th.

That is my hope as well.

5 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I don't buy the capacity control argument.

If that's the case, they should implement it on the shorter cruises as well.

My October is now grayed out, cant click on the month out of Galveston. Maybe I called too late, but by the time I looked its grayed out. Betcha cancelled.

2 hours ago, conwakr said:

Not included because they dont want to issue all those refunds. Cash flow. 

• Like 1

If Carnival wants to keep my business they need to be honest and let us know what is going on with the October cruises and not string us along for another month or two before they announce they are cancelled.  I would like to be able to make alternate plans for our vacation before it is too late.  

• Like 4

We are booked October 17 on the Sunshine out of Charleston on a 7 day to Bermuda.  All the Bermuda cruises have disappeared from all ports for 2020.  Not a surprise since Bermuda hasn't said if they will allow ships back and their cruise season ends in November.  The only cruise showing out of Charleston in October is a 4 day to the Bahamas.  I know we are going to be cancelled, just wish they would get it over with and let me get in line for my refunds.

Edited by SeaLady2019
  • Like 1

This is one of the greatest mysteries on the globe, but when this happened to me my cruise was cancelled a few weeks later.  Personally, I think all of the cruise lines should stick in fork in 2020.  This "cancel an inch at a time" is exhausting. 😞

Edited by a3593
Sp
  • Like 3

As now they haven't officially  announced that they are returning to cruising..  I don't like returning to service wording..........  After yesterday's announcement most of all 6+ days sailings disappeared suddenly.  Carnival and some people say those cruises are sold out due to limited capacity, but yet they have not announced  LIMITED CAPACITY for future cruises for now.. I think they are planning to announce further cancellations next month.............   If a cruise is sold out and some decide  to cancel their cruise will it allow open for new bookings?