Come sail with me on a virtual cruise on Majestic Princess to Fiji!

ellie1145

14 hours ago, rmf11699 said:

AF-1, would you mind sharing your first name and I can ask my brother if he remembers you.

Sure,  you can google me.  type in TimKerwin AF-1 and there is an interesting article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ellie1145;  I was on that trip.  President Reagan lent the Queen his other jet; so she could fly around.  So I got to fly her for ten days up the west coast.  At the end of the trip she took a picture with me.

• Like 1

Thank you!  Ellie1145.  I enjoy reading the history and really fascinating photos. It amazing how much there is to lean. 

happy to be on this forum with you and AF-1. I learned more history here than in school. 😞

• Thanks 1

Hi Ellie,

First and foremost thank you for my prize.!The Votex arrived and is now tucked in my purse. Every .time I pull it out to use I will think back to this wonderful adventure you are taking us on.

What a great history lesson we had at Government House. I think I saw more pioneer artifacts there than I have seen in any other place I have visited. I loved the stories of the ladies and of course as a retired teacher had a good laugh over the behaviour lessons. I can just imagine the way the kids of today would reaction. 

My bags are packed, luggage tags attached and I am eagerly awaiting boarding time.

Well I did the bridge walk, as I dislike heights it was not something I ever thought I would do, but it was not as terrifying as I thought.

One question --- what is a didgeridoo -----

Gail

Ellie, you  have lifted me out of the doldrums; each morning I eagerly look forward reading about your adventures and I especially enjoy your photos.  I’m learning so much and appreciate your unique view on our beautiful Mother Earth and it’s inhabitants.

AF1, who knew!!  On a cruise you would be a prize table mate.

Edited by Duffysmom
  • Like 1

Phew, we misplaced our passports for a bit but found them in that "secure" hiding place we promptly forgot; but now, we are ready to go too!!!

This has been a fantastic trip so far!!!  

Thank you for making the days brighter!

11 hours ago, dides said:

Still here Ellie! And so ready and excited to board Majestic Princess again! We have fixed our luggage tags to our suitcases and have all our cruise docs ready! Let's go!

Sandra

`

So glad to hear you are ready and waiting and have your labels in position! 

Tomorrow, tomorrow........

8 hours ago, AF-1 said:

ellie1145;  I was on that trip.  President Reagan lent the Queen his other jet; so she could fly around.  So I got to fly her for ten days up the west coast.  At the end of the trip she took a picture with me.

How amazing AF-1!

She is an amazing lady for her age. So sad that Covid has led to her having to be hidden away, but of course she needs to be protected. Even at the ripe old age of 94, she still has an amazing sense of duty. 

I vote that you become the lecturer on Majestic Princess please. We would all love to hear about your adventures on AF-1 and I have to say that some of the lectures we’ve attended on Princess ships have been utterly boring. I think you would be a sensation.

I have already been in touch with Princess and they are happy for you to take over the theatre...........

• Like 1

Thank you Ellie1145! I've loved reading your posts and I can only hope that one day I will be able to visit the places in my country of birth that you visited. I'm now looking forward to you boarding the beautiful Majestic Princess, here she is arriving in Sydney for the first time. On our last visit home to Perth from the US we tagged on the first cruise out of Sydney to Fiji. It was our first cruise on a royal class ship and we absolutely loved it.

IMG_8988.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrazyIrving said:

Thank you!  Ellie1145.  I enjoy reading the history and really fascinating photos. It amazing how much there is to lean. 

happy to be on this forum with you and AF-1. I learned more history here than in school. 😞

Thank you CrazyIrving. Glad you liked our Parramatta trip, and that you enjoyed all the history. I was hoping I wasn’t boring everyone...😊

I love finding out about the history of places so much that I sometimes just can’t stop myself. 

Edited by ellie1145

7 hours ago, cnd crsr said:

Hi Ellie,

First and foremost thank you for my prize.!The Votex arrived and is now tucked in my purse. Every .time I pull it out to use I will think back to this wonderful adventure you are taking us on.

What a great history lesson we had at Government House. I think I saw more pioneer artifacts there than I have seen in any other place I have visited. I loved the stories of the ladies and of course as a retired teacher had a good laugh over the behaviour lessons. I can just imagine the way the kids of today would reaction. 

My bags are packed, luggage tags attached and I am eagerly awaiting boarding time.

Well I did the bridge walk, as I dislike heights it was not something I ever thought I would do, but it was not as terrifying as I thought.

One question --- what is a didgeridoo -----

Gail

So glad to hear your prize has arrived, and that you are already using it. Once you have a mini, foldable vortex hoover you won’t ever look back!

So pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Old Government House. I think some children today could do with learning a few of those lessons.

One good thing about the Coronavirus pandemic is that my colleagues say that behaviour in the classroom has improved no end now they can’t roam about. I’m a semi retired teacher who teaches 4-8 year olds on a ‘supply’ basis,  and my colleagues who have been working in the new ‘bubbles’ says that they children have adapted remarkably well, and some of them even say they prefer the way they are working.

Great news that you are ready and waiting. Won’t be long now. 

You are very brave to have done the bridge walk, but what an incredible view you must have had! Well done!

Oh a didgeridoo is an ancient wind instrument used by the Aborigines. It makes quite a low sound. 

7 hours ago, Duffysmom said:

Ellie, you  have lifted me out of the doldrums; each morning I eagerly look forward reading about your adventures and I especially enjoy your photos.  I’m learning so much and appreciate your unique view on our beautiful Mother Earth and it’s inhabitants.

AF1, who knew!!  On a cruise you would be a prize table mate.

I am really pleased to hear that Duffysmom. I have to admit that writing this has lifted my spirits too, and given me a sense of purpose. 

In the words of the Desiderata:

“‘And whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.”

And I am voting AF-1 to be our lecturer on board Majestic Princess, I think he would be an absolute winner! 

Edited by ellie1145

30 minutes ago, sfkaren said:

Thank you Ellie1145! I've loved reading your posts and I can only hope that one day I will be able to visit the places in my country of birth that you visited. I'm now looking forward to you boarding the beautiful Majestic Princess, here she is arriving in Sydney for the first time. On our last visit home to Perth from the US we tagged on the first cruise out of Sydney to Fiji. It was our first cruise on a royal class ship and we absolutely loved it.

IMG_8988.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

Wow, what fabulous photos of Majestic Princess! Seeing her like that brings a lump to my throat and shivers down my spine. She is so beautiful isn’t she? And with the Opera House in the background they are sensational photos.

We love Australia more each time we visit, and we so hope that one day we will be able to visit again, before we become too old. 

We love the Royal Class ships, too. We’ve been on Royal and Regal a few times, too, and think they are beautiful. 

Glad to have you along.  I hope you will chip in whenever you feel like it, once we are on the ship, as I’m sure you will have more information to add to this travelogue. 

Could I ask where you were when you took those photos as they are incredible?

Ellie, 

I just love, love this thread.  Your writing style and sense of humour is so appreciated.  This thread is a great delight, you are the best story teller and your pictures complete the story.  I am transported with you for the trip, and I am having a wonderful time, best trip ever.   
Mary 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ROWSE said:

Phew, we misplaced our passports for a bit but found them in that "secure" hiding place we promptly forgot; but now, we are ready to go too!!!

This has been a fantastic trip so far!!!  

Thank you for making the days brighter!

Oh my goodness, Rowse! You gave me a fright then! Misplacing your passports! 

Thank goodness you found them..

Hope you will enjoy the rest of the trip. There are some beautiful places to visit.

35 minutes ago, sfkaren said:

Thank you. The pictures were taken from the roof top of the Holiday Inn Old Sydney.

What a fantastic vantage spot. I’m guessing it was early in the morning? 

Edited by ellie1145