cruise refunds due to COVID 19

firehouse1

When your cruise in cancelled due to COVID and you request a refund, but it never comes.  Can you go to your credit card company and dispute the charges and get in back like that?  I have made several attempts to get the last 500.00 refunded for over 30 days.  I have no idea why all but 500.00 was refunded.  My issue is I have more final payments coming up for more cruises that have not been cancelled yet.  I want my 500.00.

What cruise line are you asking about? If you look on the board for the cruise line involved, you will see MANY discussions on the status of refunds. It is a very complicated situation...keep in mind the cruise lines went from revenue to zero revenue in a heartbeat, and now need money to pay back expenses. They are raising money where they can. In our case, it took about 80 days to refund our 16k owed.

Without knowing more details, we can't help you...but once you tell us the cruise line involved, we can get you started.

some  lines  have been taking up to 90 days to refund

check on the cruise line forum  ou are booked with

If you think your cruise is going to be cancelled  why not just cancel  now unless your  deposit in non refundable

JMO

The cruise lines are all a bit busy right now processing refunds. The people that are doing this are limited. Its not every CSR processing refunds. Why would you add more work to these already overworked people by doing a credit card dispute that they now have to respond to?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Why would you add more work to these already overworked people by doing a credit card dispute that they now have to respond to?

Because they want their money back?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

some  lines  have been taking up to 90 days to refund

check on the cruise line forum  ou are booked with

If you think your cruise is going to be cancelled  why not just cancel  now unless your  deposit in non refundable

JMO

It is non refundable.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

What cruise line are you asking about? If you look on the board for the cruise line involved, you will see MANY discussions on the status of refunds. It is a very complicated situation...keep in mind the cruise lines went from revenue to zero revenue in a heartbeat, and now need money to pay back expenses. They are raising money where they can. In our case, it took about 80 days to refund our 16k owed.

Without knowing more details, we can't help you...but once you tell us the cruise line involved, we can get you started.

Royal Caribbean.  What bothers me is they won't refund my money, but still expect me to make final payments on other cruises.  

4 minutes ago, firehouse1 said:

It is non refundable.

Do you mean the one that was cancelled or the upcoming cruises?

Some lines are offering  an FCC for the non refundable  deposits  on cancelled cruises

1 hour ago, firehouse1 said:

Royal Caribbean.  What bothers me is they won't refund my money, but still expect me to make final payments on other cruises.  

Try some research on the RCI board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

You will find more people dealing with your situation there.

3 hours ago, firehouse1 said:

Hang in there and give it time. RC will refund your money. I agree it's frustrating to have to wait and wait even longer! Future cruises that RC hasn't canceled has nothing to do with cruises RC already has canceled. That's why they want their money for the future cruises. Two of our three cruises that Celebrity cancelled the refunds (paid off cruises) were paid back to my credit card came in four weird amounts and took 64 days. The third cruise Celebrity canceled (non refundable deposit) the refund back to my credit card took 30 days.  BTW, welcome to CC. 

Edited by davekathy

Something to consider. In speaking to my cruise line rep, she mentioned that since the "shut-down" they have been on a skeleton crew. They are scrambling to get furloughed employees back in place as business is restarting. People who don't normally handling billing, etc. are now having to deal with that!

On 6/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, TinCan782 said:

Something to consider. In speaking to my cruise line rep, she mentioned that since the "shut-down" they have been on a skeleton crew. They are scrambling to get furloughed employees back in place as business is restarting. People who don't normally handling billing, etc. are now having to deal with that!

Welcome home, brother. 

• Thanks 1

😉Hi Everyone.  I've received a cancellation notice from P&O for Iona in June but form doesn't say when I get my money. Anyone had one of these notices, and how long afterwards does it take for the money to hit your bank account? Note: we didn't have the option of FCC. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Esso11 said:

😉Hi Everyone.  I've received a cancellation notice from P&O for Iona in June but form doesn't say when I get my money. Anyone had one of these notices, and how long afterwards does it take for the money to hit your bank account? Note: we didn't have the option of FCC. Thanks. 

Check over on the P&O board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/22-pampo-cruises-uk/

Big thread on refunds there. You will find more people with expertise there.