MSC Med Return

zjc

I'm optimistic that we will see some cruises departing Italian ports in August (and only stopping in Italian ports), but 2 months ago I said this would happen in May or June - so based on my track record I am overly optimistic....

I think for Europe it all depends on the trajectory of COVID-19 infections continuing downwards as measures are further eased.     

Hi CruisingFox,

Thank you for your information.

we are booked on our first cruise in November with MSC grandiosa from Barcellona. (we live in italy)

where you do get your information from, as it will help. Thank you.

At this stage I'm hoping that August is a no.  I've now booked a Eurostar based break in France/Belgium as I am assuming the 3 night cruise from Hamburg won't happen.  It's just a waiting game now. 

28 minutes ago, grandiosa said:

Thank you, CruisingFox,  found out that msc are restarting 14 out of 17 ships from Oct. I've asked the question if my cruise is one of them.

Source?

12 hours ago, grandiosa said:

Thank you, CruisingFox,  found out that msc are restarting 14 out of 17 ships from Oct. I've asked the question if my cruise is one of them.

11 hours ago, hamrag said:

Source?

The above information was also given to me during a call to MSC. 

I too expect my mini cruise from hamburg to Southampton to be cancelled. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

We are on Preziosa from Southampton 2nd September , not happening , that is my gut feeling.

I noticed that one recently, looking at return sailings from the UK....to avoid air travel at this time. It's a fab cruise, and we would make a very late booking in the unlikely event of it going ahead!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grandiosa said:

I have just received a reply from the CEO , Antonio Paradiso. He said'yes, Grandiosa is one of the first ships resuming its operations'

Happy that my Nov cruise is happening.

How did you contact him please? Ive got many questions I need answering 

6 hours ago, grandiosa said:

I have just received a reply from the CEO , Antonio Paradiso. He said'yes, Grandiosa is one of the first ships resuming its operations'

🤣

10 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

How did you contact him please? Ive got many questions I need answering 

I sent him a DM on Twitter as he gave the interview. It was a follow up question.

I'm sorry you have unanswered questions. Hasn't MSC been helpful?

On 6/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, hamrag said:

I noticed that one recently, looking at return sailings from the UK....to avoid air travel at this time. It's a fab cruise, and we would make a very late booking in the unlikely event of it going ahead!

We have a deposit down on that one, G, but I've kissed goodbye to it!  🙄

• Thanks 1

Am I being ridiculously naive and optimistic in hoping that there’s a chance the Aug 1st med cruises might sail? I’ve not got one booked but I’d definitely go on one if they do sail. I’m dreaming aren’t I...

I assume people are still booked on them though, they’re leaving it quite tight for time to cancel those passengers aren’t they? Or have I missed the point somewhere?!

22 hours ago, grandiosa said:

I have met Antonio Paradiso on the Bellissima inaugural , nice guy , he won’t remember me though. 

I hate to put a dampener on things but at the end of the day it is the local authorities who will decide who can enter their ports . Did you not see back in January when all this virus kicked off when the Mayor of Civitavecchia went  dashing down to the port to stop anyone disembarking Costa Smeralda because the ship had two people sick onboard, thankfully was a false alarm at the time . Ships have to notify ports of any sickness onboard . So Grandiosa could be sailing but where too ? 
On the upside Hurtigruten HAVE started cruising with very few guests onboard and NO port stops on a 14 night cruise . If you like sea days that is fine and they are cruising Norway with stunning scenery so not all bad . This was in the Express a couple of days ago. 

Edited by heatherb1958