6-25-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Last Weigh-IN Of June

Belle

I think denim can change 2 sizes between comfortably worn and freshly washed 😉 Loose freshly washed is a big win!

Happy holidays to all who are celebrating this week.  We will be visiting DH parents this weekend - between it being strawberry season there and the possibility of a campfire & s'more I suspect next week might only be a maintain.

• Like 1

I hate putting on jeans right out of the dryer! 😆

We don't have any big plans for the 4th. The town to the north of us has a fireworks display that is near their middle school and a big park with soccer fields. Lots of room to spread out. We usually don't have anyone around us for a good 15-20 feet when we go to their display, but with so many surrounding towns cancelling their fireworks shows, I bet they will be packed this year. We will be staying home. I emailed our TA this morning to move our November cruise to next year. Even if it sails, I don't think the experience will be what we want. Sigh...😔 At least I have some research to do. Alaska 2022 itineraries should be out in a few months, and we're planning on going for DH's 50th birthday. Time to start a new spreadsheet! I have some work to do this afternoon and evening in the kitchen; hopefully I can find time to walk while I've got stuff in the oven. I've gotta look good in that parka!

• Like 2

Thanks Robin, you have fun at the lake.  Happy Canada Day.

Pac your doing so good on the exercise. Congrats on the jeans.

Mel yes staying home if there is a crowd is better. Sorry had to cancel the cruise.

Take care everyone.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Mel, we will likely have our November cruise canceled too.  Nothing official, but when asking about our included air fare the rep said she suspects it won't happen.

We were considering Alaska 2022 for DH 50th B-day and his parents 50th anniversary, but suspect they will be more comfortable staying in the lower 48.

Had a nice afternoon with my son and daughter. Lunch on the patio and masks when not eating.

(had to daughter a manager of a market for those who don't know) Safety for me and son with

some heart problems but doing good.  He did my taxes and I wrote out the checks He mailed them.. The Gov.

always wins, Gave us $1200 then takes/gets it back!:classic_laugh:

I know canceling cruises always bad,  They cancel Alaska on me.  Had deposit for Europe in Aug.

I canceled them. Couldn't have gone any way..Ships not cruising and Europe not letting USA in.

Even if my chance cruising was going to happen then with the virus again climbing in counts I wouldn't have sailed.

I have cruises booked for next year..hope I can take them.

Everyone have a goodnight and a great day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Nice reading what everyone is up to.

Happy Canada Day to our Northern neighbors.

Hubby and I are staying home over the weekend, not even planning to go grocery shopping, doing that tomorrow so we can avoid too many people. Lufe is cancelled here so nowhere to go anyway.

Whatever anyone is doing stay safe out there.

Diana

Pac...Thanks.  Glad your enjoying time with your daughter. Opposite for me I get less time

with mine because of her job and not living with me.

Diana...I know staying home isn't fun all the time but as you say, no where to go and everything is canceled anyway.

Plus what is open will be crowded anyway with people not doing what their suppose to. Why the counts going up.

So please everyone be safe this weekend.

Hi all!

Diana ~ thanks for the Canada Day wishes. It sure has been a different one but quite enjoyable thanks to events over the computer. There'll be no fireworks in Toronto, or maybe even Ottawa but the CN Tower will change colours or something so that'll be nice.

My Town is a tourist area & I definitely noticed more people  there yesterday & lots not wearing masks!!

We are also having some vandalism of a statue in Town of our 1st Prime Minister who was not fair to the aboriginal people. 2 days in a row red paint was put on him, once just on his hands but later it looked like somebody just threw the paint at him.

Have a nice evening & see you tomorrow, hopefully with good news.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo, sorry to hear about the vandalism.  I wish we could learn from history instead of trying to destroy/erase it.  Both when I visited Gettysburg (major US Civil War Battlefield) and The Citadel in Halifax my heart ached for some of the atrocities committed through history, I am glad I got to experience the sites though and have a better understanding rather than pretend it never happened.  There is a difference between acknowledging history and celebrating/approving of cruelty.

I hope I wasn't too political, it's just all gotten so frustrating 😞