Chargeback and future cruise credit?

stitchcreek

If anyone has been following the saga of Virgin Holidays, they have a lot of frustrated customers, and they continue to move the goalposts for receiving refunds, now saying 120 days, but continuing to employ various delay tactics as that time approaches.

Chargebacks with banks are being recommended, given this considerably breaches the law that holiday packages should be refunded within 7 days.

I’ve been considering this, but as we are due a future cruise credit from Virgin Voyages, in addition to the cash refund, I’m assuming this would be in jeopardy if the refund was achieved via a chargeback rather than going through Virgin’s own refund process... does anyone have any experience with this? 

26 minutes ago, stitchcreek said:

If anyone has been following the saga of Virgin Holidays, they have a lot of frustrated customers, and they continue to move the goalposts for receiving refunds, now saying 120 days, but continuing to employ various delay tactics as that time approaches.

Chargebacks with banks are being recommended, given this considerably breaches the law that holiday packages should be refunded within 7 days.

I’ve been considering this, but as we are due a future cruise credit from Virgin Voyages, in addition to the cash refund, I’m assuming this would be in jeopardy if the refund was achieved via a chargeback rather than going through Virgin’s own refund process... does anyone have any experience with this? 

The 7 day period applies, I believe, to flights. For package holidays it’s 14 days.  That said, chargebacks do work, and often better than S75 claims because it’s the travel company that pays, rather than the bank.

I can’t imagine that there’d be any possibility of a cruise credit on top though.

Apologies you’re right, I’ve got a couple of refunds I’m chasing, one with flight only, one with package, and I got the two mixed up!

So yeah, I might just be patient and wait it out to get the full perks of credit and refund... thanks for the reply!