West Coast Sailings for Late 21/22 On Sale July 7

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I called Princess the minute the promotion was available (9 AM/Tuesday).  I wanted the same cabin for a b2b.  Got it.  At this point, it is a very long way out, but I don't have a lot of faith in Princess.  Too many canceled cruises.  

Thanks for your response, I am planning on calling Princess tomorrow.  I called too late to reach someone today.   I have a specific cabin in mind too... glad you were able to get what you wanted.    My cruise is way out there too, not til 1/31/22.   Am feeling by then Princess will have figured out the virus issue and we may have a more normal cruise experience.   Happy cruising. 

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was hoping you would have chosen the Grand to Hawaii....I will miss you, once again. I am hoping cruising will settle down.  So far, I have lost three sailings.

I gave it some consideration.  I thought about booking the Grand Suite, but ultimately decided on the Sapphire with an aft OS suite.  I really like the Sapphire/Diamond as they are about the same size as the Crown class but a better passenger to space ratio because they don’t have the Rivera deck.....

Bob

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pris993 said:

Wondering those of you who have booked the Grand for 2022... were you able to select a specific cabin?  Deck plan not showing for the 1/31/22 sailing.  Plan to call Princess, I only like to book with a designated cabin, wonder why on line not allowing one to select cabin, like they have in the past. 

I had the same problem, so picked up the phone to make my booking.  The wait for an agent (on Thursday 9th) was just a couple of minutes and the person who helped me was both knowledgable and efficient.  He asked me if I had a particular cabin in mind, I didn't but did have a category in mind.  He told me which decks had availability and was able to get my favorite cabin.  Also asked me whether he should block upgrades, nice to be asked rather than having to remember to tell.  

In and out the entire call lasted perhaps 15 minutes the majority of which was spent waiting to push out the deposit date to allow processing time to move an existing FCD from a cancelled voyage.  For the record, I did likewise on another booking back in May - the FCD hasn't been applied yet, and I've called twice so far to have the deposit date reset, expect I'll have to do the same for this Grand booking come the beginning of August.

1 minute ago, jondfk said:

I had the same problem, so picked up the phone to make my booking.  The wait for an agent (on Thursday 9th) was just a couple of minutes and the person who helped me was both knowledgable and efficient.  He asked me if I had a particular cabin in mind, I didn't but did have a category in mind.  He told me which decks had availability and was able to get my favorite cabin.  Also asked me whether he should block upgrades, nice to be asked rather than having to remember to tell.  

In and out the entire call lasted perhaps 15 minutes the majority of which was spent waiting to push out the deposit date to allow processing time to move an existing FCD from a cancelled voyage.  For the record, I did likewise on another booking back in May - the FCD hasn't been applied yet, and I've called twice so far to have the deposit date reset, expect I'll have to do the same for this Grand booking come the beginning of August.

Thanks for your message.  I like you did call Princess this morning.  Did not take long, cancelled cruise for Fed 2021, booked another for Jan 2022, was able to get the same cabin.   Got an email with new booking within minutes... so all went well.  

8 hours ago, gbldcl said:

No, we didn't go for our beloved WS.  On the Travis sailing, most folks don't know that the outer decks were closed from the time we left Hawaii.  We looked at the folks crowded into the bars and lounges and didn't feel like sitting shoulder to shoulder with masses of folks.  So, while our official cabin confinement started on Thursday we had effectively been in the room (aside from meals) since Monday.  It was 9 days from the time we went in the morning after Hilo until we stepped onto the bus for Travis.  We love the WS (as you well know) but 9 days without a single breath of fresh air will make you think. . . 

No more OV's or WS's for us I think. 

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

We love the WS (as you well know) but 9 days without a single breath of fresh air will make you think. . . 

I am with you on that. We had originally booked the Feb. 11 Grand and had to cancel because of a medical condition but of course now glad we were not on that sailing. I had the same thoughts about lack of fresh air as we watched the contagion events unfold. We just booked the Ruby from SFO to Alaska a year from now hoping the Covid mess will be resolved somehow.

2 hours ago, gbldcl said:

I am with you on that. We had originally booked the Feb. 11 Grand and had to cancel because of a medical condition but of course now glad we were not on that sailing. I had the same thoughts about lack of fresh air as we watched the contagion events unfold. We just booked the Ruby from SFO to Alaska a year from now hoping the Covid mess will be resolved somehow.

LOL.  We're booked on Ruby for July 20th.  Which one did you book?  Maybe we're next door once again???

5 hours ago, jondfk said:

No, we didn't go for our beloved WS.  On the Travis sailing, most folks don't know that the outer decks were closed from the time we left Hawaii.  We looked at the folks crowded into the bars and lounges and didn't feel like sitting shoulder to shoulder with masses of folks.  So, while our official cabin confinement started on Thursday we had effectively been in the room (aside from meals) since Monday.  It was 9 days from the time we went in the morning after Hilo until we stepped onto the bus for Travis.  We love the WS (as you well know) but 9 days without a single breath of fresh air will make you think. . . 

Very interesting perspective.  Thank you for sharing.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, Woobstr112G said:

Thank you OP for the information.  Just booked Hawaii (4th time) on the Sapphire April 5th, 2022.....😊😊😊

Bob

Bob 

I see we are on the same cruise. We met on the 2009 Australia & New Zealand cruise on the Diamond Princess. We look forward to seeing you and Holli once again. Joe & Kathy

Joe 001.jpg

On 7/10/2020 at 7:41 AM, Woobstr112G said:

I gave it some consideration.  I thought about booking the Grand Suite, but ultimately decided on the Sapphire with an aft OS suite.  I really like the Sapphire/Diamond as they are about the same size as the Crown class but a better passenger to space ratio because they don’t have the Rivera deck.....

Bob

I was trying to book the Grand Suite on Sapphire April 2022 to Hawaii, but the site was not cooperating, so we got an aft Vista, need to call to get on Dolphin

14 hours ago, gbldcl said:

Actually we were on the Feb 11 Grand Princess, returned on Feb 21... no problem for us with the virus on the cruise.  Did learn 2 passengers who got off that cruise developed the virus afterwards.  I was with family members, non of us had any problems then or since.  We all were booked in mini suites... which we always book.  Boarding the Feb 11 cruise was a nightmare because of an injured passenger, ship was delayed getting into the port and we did not board til 8 pm.   But our 10 day cruise was just fine.  I think you are thinking of the cruise that left on Feb 21, which became quarantined.  We were lucky.  We were watching on the news during our cruise the Sapphire in Japan, wondering what the impacts would be.  LIttle did we know how bad it would get for everyone.  

8 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

I was trying to book the Grand Suite on Sapphire April 2022 to Hawaii, but the site was not cooperating, so we got an aft Vista, need to call to get on Dolphin

Surprised also that any type of mini suite on the Ruby January 2022 Hawaii was guarantee only.  Luckily my PVP was able to snag our favorite cabin and we also had a nice chat.  But why they were all blocked by Princess for online booking remains a mystery.......

11 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

We are in an OS on Baja deck....,

Bob

20 hours ago, ndjoe said:

Bob 

I see we are on the same cruise. We met on the 2009 Australia & New Zealand cruise on the Diamond Princess. We look forward to seeing you and Holli once again. Joe & Kathy

Joe 001.jpg

Hi Jo and Kathy.  Wow that was a long time ago.  Took us 11 years to meet up again on the same voyage.  Holli & I look forward to sailing with you again providing a  vaccine is available before the cruise.....

Bob

On 7/11/2020 at 4:26 AM, jondfk said:

<snip> but 9 days without a single breath of fresh air will make you think. . . 

Yep, days of cabins without balconies are over for us also.

18 minutes ago, cvpends said:

Yep, days of cabins without balconies are over for us also.

#us-too ... and we were perfectly content with inside cabins before, as we don't spend a lot on time in the cabin anyway

but now ... OB at the least for us

6 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Surprised also that any type of mini suite on the Ruby January 2022 Hawaii was guarantee only.  Luckily my PVP was able to snag our favorite cabin and we also had a nice chat.  But why they were all blocked by Princess for online booking remains a mystery.......

I was also surprised to see that the other day when I was shopping for a new booking.  I wanted to cancel one in early 2021 and book one in late 2021, so I needed to contact my PVP anyhow. She was able to get me a cabin assignment right away.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, jondfk said:

LOL.  We're booked on Ruby for July 20th.  Which one did you book?  Maybe we're next door once again???

We embark June 30. Sorry we will miss you.