New Seabourn President

wesport

I find this appointment to be encouraging since it's some evidence that CCL is committed to the Seabourn brand going forward.  Linkedin shows an interesting career history for Leibowitz, including executive roles with CCL, Cunard and McKinsey.  Check out his published articles ... ya gotta love that he's an avid vacation defender!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leibowitzjosh

8 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

I find this appointment to be encouraging since it's some evidence that CCL is committed to the Seabourn brand going forward.  Linkedin shows an interesting career history for Leibowitz, including executive roles with CCL, Cunard and McKinsey.  Check out his published articles ... ya gotta love that he's an avid vacation defender!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leibowitzjosh

Bienvenido to Seabourn Cruise Lines, Mr. Leibowitz.  I like what I read in your resume. 

(But, now I wonder as Chief Strategy Officer for Carnival Corporation, what was your job description?  What does a "Chief Strategy Officer" do?)

World's Finest Ultra-Luxury Resort at Sea

Seabourn Logo

Dear Valued Seabourn Club Member,

Warmest greetings to each of you as the days of June and a change of season is upon us.

I’m writing to give you an update on developments at Seabourn and would like to begin by saying how honored I am to be taking the role of president. You are a passionate group of luxury travelers and I intend to use my past experience with Carnival Corporation to help lead the brand you have come to enjoy and love into the better days we know are ahead of us. Over time, you’ll find I’m an “avid vacation defender” and a firm believer in the need to take time in life to relax and recharge. My focus will be to maintain the spirit and mission of today’s Seabourn experience while finding ways to innovate to make your time spent with us even better. I certainly look forward to the possibility of meeting in the future.

Today our five ships are positioned in key locations around the world as we remain paused from serving guests. Seabourn Odyssey is in Barbados and Seabourn Sojourn is off the coast of Central America. Seabourn Ovation is situated in Northern Europe, just off the Rotterdam coast, while Seabourn Encore and Seabourn Quest are in Cyprus. Each ship is being supported by a core group of Seabourn crew who remain on board to keep our ships in a state of readiness to resume normal cruise operations. We’re grateful for the members of our team who have helped get our crew home or to rotate the people on board at a time where travel has been very challenging as governments and agencies around the world continue their work to curb the effects of COVID-19.

While the situation with COVID-19 continues to develop around the world, we’ve received questions from some loyal guests and travel advisors about the future of cruising with Seabourn, asking what the experience will look like and what health and safety protocols will be in place. These are all great questions and we want to reassure you that our highest responsibilities include the health and safety of our guests, our amazing crew, and the people in the destinations we visit.

COVID-19 continues to be a dynamic situation, with new developments and increased knowledge coming each week, so we believe it’s still a bit early to share exact details or specifics on plans that will be used once we resume cruising. Our CEO, Arnold Donald, has provided some excellent perspectives on his views about the future of cruising, including through this recent interview. Rest assured, our team is fully committed to the development of plans and protocols that will provide you a healthy and safe travel experience. Updates to our health, safety and embarkation procedures will be made available as they are finalized. If you have not yet downloaded Seabourn Source®, our mobile app, we encourage you to do so today from the App Store or Google Play.

We would like to share an update on refunds, which we know has taken some time for requests to be fully processed and paid on cancelled voyages. Over the past four months, we’ve all learned how we are in unprecedented times that are unlike anything we’ve seen in years or even in our lifetime. Pausing our global ship operations across the entire portfolio of Carnival Corporation brands has created a volume of cancellations and subsequent refunds unlike anything our systems have ever had to process. Our team has been working tirelessly to expedite the processing of both refunds and Future Cruise Credits using manual processes while working remotely. Under the circumstances, we are grateful to them for handling each booking accurately and as efficiently as possible. The majority of requests have now been completed and those remaining are on track to be done in the coming weeks. Thank you for your increased levels of patience along the way.

Finally, we have worked to keep the Seabourn experience coming to your inbox via Club News, ensuring that any communication has relevance and conveys a balanced message at a time when most news is of a negative tone. Our team have brought and will continue to “Bring Extraordinary Home”, sharing recipes, cocktails, entertainment and Seabourn Conversations that you would usually enjoy while sailing with us. We hope you have enjoyed these topics and, if you are like my team, you have tried some of the recipes and can’t wait to enjoy them back on board. We’ve created ways to give you reassurance for future travel, such as Seabourn’s “Book with Confidence” policy. New promotions like Early Bonus Savings give you ways to save and have recently been extended. We have recently launched all Fall 2021 through Spring 2022 voyages and hope you’ve seen the announcement of our return to Egypt.

Our outlook on the future of travel continues to be favorable. Signs emerge each day that indicate as much. Hotels are reporting increasing bookings, borders are being opened, and airline capacity continues to methodically rebound while forecasts and surveys show how you — the traveler — continue to plan for your next trip. When you’re ready, we’ll be ready to welcome you back in a way only Seabourn can. Until that time, take care of yourselves and those around you.

Kind regards,

josh.jpg josh_sig.jpg

Josh Leibowitz

President