Crystal River Cruises: Fantastic Sale 2021

sarasotascott

We just booked our 4th river cruise with Crystal.....a Rhine River 7 day cruise.  They are running a special sale for the best available cabins for $3699.  The sale is available on about 50 different 7 day cruises for 2021.  I booked a 253 square foot suite cabin that is regularly priced at $7400.  The cruises are all inclusive with premium wine/spirits, gratuities, butler service, airport transportation and you can take multiple tours on the same day at no additional cost.  If you have not tried Crystal, I can tell you everything is first class plus their ships have a maximum passenger capacity of only 110.   The service is outstanding.  Check it out if you are interested in cruising next year and want to compare.  Here is the link for the Advanced Purchase Savings for river cruises.  

https://www.crystalcruises.com/special-offers/advance-purchase-savings

Scott

I very much agree that Crystal delivers an outstanding river product and this Advance Purchase Savings of $3699 pp is incredible value.  There is a wide range of Danube and Rhine itineraries available in 2021, but it should be noted that these fares are non refundable. 

1 hour ago, MightyQuinn said:

I very much agree that Crystal delivers an outstanding river product and this Advance Purchase Savings of $3699 pp is incredible value.  There is a wide range of Danube and Rhine itineraries available in 2021, but it should be noted that these fares are non refundable. 

While they are non refundable you can change to a different cruise in the sale until 12/31/2020.

Unfortunately the great prices are not on all cruises; those that actually have bookings are not discounted; leaves a bad taste in my mouth that some of the cruises are discounted and other identical cruises (before and after) those cruises are not.

Bad move Crystal.

Marc

10 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Unfortunately the great prices are not on all cruises; those that actually have bookings are not discounted; leaves a bad taste in my mouth that some of the cruises are discounted and other identical cruises (before and after) those cruises are not.

Bad move Crystal.

Marc

As I mentioned in my original post the sale was for about 50 cruises not all cruises.  Did you not find one you liked?  Could you clarify what you meant regarding “Those that actually have bookings are not discounted”.
Thanks,

Scott

1 minute ago, sarasotascott said:

As I mentioned in my original post the sale was for about 50 cruises not all cruises.  Did you not find one you liked?  Could you clarify what you meant regarding “Those that actually have bookings are not discounted”.
Thanks,

Scott

I am already booked on Mahler 24 April; cruises before and after have discounts but not 24 April.  C'est la vie.

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am already booked on Mahler 24 April; cruises before and after have discounts but not 24 April.  C'est la vie.

Maybe Crystal will let you change cruises at little or no change fee unless you are locked into your date, might be worth a call.

• Like 1

We booked a trip from Budapest to Vilshofen in August, 1921.  This will be our first Crystal cruise.  We are very excited about it.  It is an itinerary we had planned to do and the sale made it too appealing to pass up.  Although we have done a large number of ocean cruises, mostly on Regent, we had only done one river cruise on Viking.  We really did not enjoy it and were reluctant to take another river cruise.  We have heard wonderful things about Crystal river cruises so we decided to give it a chance.

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

We booked a trip from Budapest to Vilshofen in August, 1921.  This will be our first Crystal cruise.  We are very excited about it.  It is an itinerary we had planned to do and the sale made it too appealing to pass up.  Although we have done a large number of ocean cruises, mostly on Regent, we had only done one river cruise on Viking.  We really did not enjoy it and were reluctant to take another river cruise.  We have heard wonderful things about Crystal river cruises so we decided to give it a chance.

I REALLY hope you mean 2021!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

We took one Viking river cruise several years ago, and will not book with them again since our experience was so disappointing.

We usually book with Uniworld as we've always enjoyed those trips. Last year we took our first river cruise with Crystal and the whole experience was top notch: the service, the food, the excursions, the accommodations were all excellent.  Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

You are right.  I meant 2021.  We originally were booked on a Uniworld cruise through India for Sept. 2020.  Then we postponed it to Sept. 2021.  It was a wonderful itinerary, but this is not the time I feel comfortable being in India even more than a year from now.  Most likely we will cancel and try Uniworld another time.

Edited by Ladys Mom
wanted to add additional information