Cruise Startup Date

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't go quite that far.  My daughter and her boyfriend were in Nashville last weekend.  They said many of the smaller bars on Broadway weren't open (combination of Covid-19 and the recent protests).  Some of the bigger places did a good job of managing social distancing like you said (e.g. Dierks Bentley's).  Others seemed to have no control at all, (e.g. Kid Rock's).  They avoided Kid Rock's like the plague (pun intended).  Kid Rock's had their beer license pulled for 5 days a couple of weeks ago but apparently is back to doing what they were doing before they temporarily lost their license.  

It's not just the one bar you mentioned.  Several others were also shut down for the same reason:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/06/18/kid-rocks-other-bars-suspended-violating-health-rules/3213575001/

Edit: I see that the article you linked also mentions the other bars that were shut down.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

Most of the bars (within a restaurant) that we go to have taken away most of the bar stools and the others are usually 2 together and then another 2 6 feet apart.  It's actually kind of nice  We go out a couple of days a week and so far we have been more socially distant in the restaurant/bar than we are out shopping at Publix.  

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 5:06 PM, Hoopster95 said:

9 minutes ago, drsel said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we're losing track of the topic "Cruise start up date"
when is it going to happen?

Well, the fact that the Odyssey is delayed all the way until April 2021, do you think this indicates that cruising may not start until April 2021?  Do you think the cruiselines are waiting until then with the hope that there is a vaccine?  Or possible early2021 starting with the 3-4 day cruises and then expanding to 7 day cruises in the spring?  I have a June 2021 cruise out of Seward, Alaska.  I really want to to go but the news I hear lately isnt optimistic.

Edited by Crazy planning mom

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't go quite that far.  My daughter and her boyfriend were in Nashville last weekend.  They said many of the smaller bars on Broadway weren't open (combination of Covid-19 and the recent protests).  Some of the bigger places did a good job of managing social distancing like you said (e.g. Dierks Bentley's).  Others seemed to have no control at all, (e.g. Kid Rock's).  They avoided Kid Rock's like the plague (pun intended).  Kid Rock's had their beer license pulled for 5 days a couple of weeks ago but apparently is back to doing what they were doing before they temporarily lost their license.  

not sure what "bars" your daughter and her boyfriend went to, but I actually work downtown and have friends who own/work/play on Broadway. Almost every bar was open unless it was closed due to personal ownership preference (mostly because they cannot staff the bar right now). As far as Kid Rock's is concerned, we have not heard the end of that saga. There is a pending lawsuit, which chances are good Kid Rocks will win. It is a MASSIVE bar (3 levels) and I can assure you that they were not at maximum "allowed" capacity for the entire venue. And they were counting so they knew how many were in there and had a line outside for those waiting to get in. Many of those here that were recently given citations were for stupid reasons actually. For example, a bar that we frequent (we are there every weekend) had a citation for having pool sticks out!!! LOL 

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Well, the fact that the Odyssey is delayed all the way until April 2021, do you think this indicates that cruising may not start until April 2021? 

This has no baring as to when the cruiselines when sail. The delay (as mentioned by RCCL themselves) is because of the shipyards being closed, suppliers not being open and available to ship items, and reduced workers now that the shipyards are starting to open again. Ships are still being built (I watch them often on webcams). Carnivals new ship, Mardi Gras was delayed back before Covid, but still on target to deliver in November (this of course can change). 

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

It's not just the one bar you mentioned.  Several others were also shut down for the same reason:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/06/18/kid-rocks-other-bars-suspended-violating-health-rules/3213575001/

Edit: I see that the article you linked also mentions the other bars that were shut down.

haha. This article is from mid June. Bars are open. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrsKC08 said:

Not mistaken at all. 😉

You said "there has been no problem with this at all".  Clearly there has been, as evidenced by the articles.  I'm really not sure why you don't understand this.  Are you saying that the articles are fictional?

Edited by time4u2go

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

You said "there has been no problem with this at all".  Clearly there has been, as evidenced by the articles.  I'm really not sure why you don't understand this.  Are you saying that the articles are fictional?

As mentioned above, Kid Rocks was NOT past their allowed capacity (That's why there is a lawsuit actually). Many who got citations were bogus citations, as I also mentioned above. I can walk down Broadway right now and find bars open and have bouncers at the door counting those coming and going (so that they aren't past capacity). They also have bar stools spread out. 

Are news articles always completely accurate? Are online reports always telling the FULL story? I don't understand why you have such a problem understanding what I'm saying. I could get political and tell you that the Mayor here has it in for some owners of establishments here...that has been proven. But I won't get into that jazz because it's not important for anyone who doesn't live, work, or have business in this county. 🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

As mentioned above, Kid Rocks was NOT past their allowed capacity (That's why there is a lawsuit actually). Many who got citations were bogus citations, as I also mentioned above. I can walk down Broadway right now and find bars open and have bouncers at the door counting those coming and going (so that they aren't past capacity). They also have bar stools spread out. 

Are news articles always completely accurate? Are online reports always telling the FULL story? I don't understand why you have such a problem understanding what I'm saying. I could get political and tell you that the Mayor here has it in for some owners of establishments here...that has been proven. But I won't get into that jazz because it's not important for anyone who doesn't live, work, or have business in this county. 🙂 

You made an absolute statement ("there has been no problem with this at all").  It only takes one instance to prove that statement incorrect.  Are you saying that there have been absolutely zero instances of people not following social distancing guidelines in bars there?  Is what's in those articles completely incorrect?  If that's what you believe, then there's not much more to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrsKC08 said:

Just because they aren't at capacity , doesn't mean Social Distancing is taking place.

Doesn't make any difference what state it is, if businesses would conform to guidelines there wouldn't be a problem.

Now bars/liquor licenses are being shut down/suspended. Why , because some businesses did it their way. 

Seems like a simple choice to make money following the guidelines, or now be shut down with 0 income. 

As far as local authority " Mayor having it in", I would guess there is some history of problems it didn't start with Covid.

I can assure you a very popular place in my area has compete control on both capacity and social Distancing. You don't have a seat at a table you don't drink. You can't even stand next to another table  of friends and talk with a drink in your hand.

It does ultimately fall back on ownership/management.

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

If businesses would conform to guidelines there wouldn't be a problem.

Frankly, it is COMPLETELY up to a business whether they want to abide by a "recommendation" or not. It is their business after all. Many businesses are starting to stand up for themselves, and are entitled to. It is their business after all. People have to realize a mayor has no power, and is simply a figurehead. There is no law pertaining to the "guidelines"...that's why you will start seeing a lot more lawsuits popping up with business owners.

Now bars/liquor licenses are being shut down/suspended. Why , because some businesses did it their way. 

Just like with Kid Rocks, and others...lawsuits are soon to follow because of these things happening. No one has a right to tell you how to run your business. A county requiring a 34% tax increase has a lot of nerve to do so, IMHO.

Seems like a simple choice to make money following the guidelines, or now be shut down with 0 income. 

They were making 0 money when they were forced to shut down. 

It does ultimately fall back on ownership/management.

I guess it's a business owners right as well. Again, no one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to do. If someone isn't comfortable being in a restaurant or bar, they by all means don't have to. Pretty simple to me. So much judging going around these days. 

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we're losing track of the topic "Cruise start up date"
when is it going to happen?

Well, since no one knows when it is going to happen do you prefer that we post nothing to this thread?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Not judging just as my name says, I've dealt with many bar owners over the years. You will always have a few that want to test the system. The Ohio liquor control board  wins most of the time. 

Violations stay part of their license/records they don't go away. Lawsuits are happening EVERYWHERE , and yes we will see how they pan out!

Until this second wave hit, bars/Restaurants were able to Open back up for on premise and dine in. As of now we don't have shut down/liquor licenses suspended. 

They have been warned and compliance IS taking place. So as I said 50% capacity is better than 0.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

They have been warned and compliance IS taking place. So as I said 50% capacity is better than 0.

Totally agree with everything. As for us, we are at 75% capacity...and that's definitely heading in the right direction. We were happy to see live music come back. 

3 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

Totally agree with everything. As for us, we are at 75% capacity...and that's definitely heading in the right direction. We were happy to see live music come back. 

Supposedly many things were going to change (lifted) today  , Governor is having a press conference tomorrow to update things. We were  suppose to go to whatever capacity a bar/restaurant could handle as long as the 6 ft. Social Distancing stays in place.

Put in Bay ( huge Party Place) during the summer with many bars/live entertainment had a small outbreak 3rd week of June. With 4th of July things will be total chaos there and the county is very very concerned. Social Distancing is virtually impossible.

No way I would even chance going there, it will be wall to wall people. 

6 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

not sure what "bars" your daughter and her boyfriend went to, but I actually work downtown and have friends who own/work/play on Broadway. Almost every bar was open unless it was closed due to personal ownership preference (mostly because they cannot staff the bar right now). As far as Kid Rock's is concerned, we have not heard the end of that saga. There is a pending lawsuit, which chances are good Kid Rocks will win. It is a MASSIVE bar (3 levels) and I can assure you that they were not at maximum "allowed" capacity for the entire venue. And they were counting so they knew how many were in there and had a line outside for those waiting to get in. Many of those here that were recently given citations were for stupid reasons actually. For example, a bar that we frequent (we are there every weekend) had a citation for having pool sticks out!!! LOL 

You are there in person while I'm reading news reports and getting second hand info from my daughter, so I'll defer to you.  All I can say is this picture of Kid Rock's made it's way around Social Media:

Eaa_VSyUwAAqPog.jpg.a4b89edc2c7bf6b209ee755ec33a96f6.jpg

This was supposedly June 12, before they were cited.  They may be staying within the capacity of all 3 floors, but it looks like people are all staying on the first floor with no distancing.  My daughter took a look in the window last Friday night and said it was very much like this.  The other bars that my daughter said were closed are Wildhorse and Losers.  Admittedly, neither is directly on lower Broadway.

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You are there in person while I'm reading news reports and getting second hand info from my daughter, so I'll defer to you.  All I can say is this picture of Kid Rock's made it's way around Social Media:

This was supposedly June 12, before they were cited.  They may be staying within the capacity of all 3 floors, but it looks like people are all staying on the first floor with no distancing.  My daughter took a look in the window last Friday night and said it was very much like this.  The other bars that my daughter said were closed are Wildhorse and Losers.  Admittedly, neither is directly on lower Broadway.

Those are protesters pre-staging before they go outside to protest, where they will most likely continue to not socially distance.  But, yes, its all the bars fault, not the 100's of thousand's who were protesting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And that picture could have been taken at ANY TIME. I was right down the street at Crossroads listening to some friends of ours play that same day, ironically enough. There was not hardly any people out that day because of the threats of riots/looting for that weekend. There was constant police presence all over the streets. I'll admit, I didn't go INTO Kid Rocks that day, but I walked by it several times and it never looked like this from the outside.

Edit to add: Losers has actually been closed for a while (it's on 3rd Ave S). It's a very small bar and to be at max capacity isn't really worth them opening because the number allowed would be so low. It's really no great loss for that bar because it isn't worth much. LOL

Wildhorse is more of a venue, than a bar. It often isn't open unless they have something going on in there.

Edited by MrsKC08