Looking for input on selecting on a DV6 on Deck 3 aft cabin

Travel Pat

Can anyone recommend a specific DV6 cabin on deck 3 aft?  I know these are over the Restaurant, but in my searches I have seen that most feel these are overall relatively quiet cabins.  There are several available on the March 28, 2021 Empires of the Mediterranean and I was wondering if anyone would recommend a specific cabin that they were happy with.

Thanks!  

Edited by Travel Pat

I agree and have a V2 cabin booked on deck 3 aft. I use the same Viking agent for all of my bookings who always suggests which side to get based on the specific cruise itinerary. I suggest you ask your agent which side would be better. 

We love the DV6 cabins. We had 3061 and it was so convenient to elevators and stairs, also for getting off the ship. We never heard any noise outside in the hall. Our next cruise is “Ancient Adriatic Treasures” on October 3-17, 2021. It is almost sold out so choices were few. We booked a DV5 just to get a reservation but it was in the far rear of the ship. I kept watching and when a DV6 showed up on the website I moved to 3047. More to the center and between elevators. Sometimes you have to take what you can get. The cabins are very soundproof so I wouldn’t worry about noise as much as location.

DV6 cabins are very nice, I still remember those deluxe cabins. They were so comfortable, I wouldn't even call them cabins, they were totally looking like good 5 start hotel rooms. And even felt like it. I would totally recommend it to anyone who is not traveling on a budget

1 hour ago, RockyMountainMoma said:

The cabins are very soundproof

Except for the fact that the televisions hang on the party wall and can be heard in the adjoining cabins, the cabins are fairly well soundproofed. On our first disembarkation morning, we had not heard a sound from the corridor and were surprised at just how much activity there was going on in the hall ways, with people rushing to catch their transfers and the stewards already starting to turn around the cabins.

Scuttlebutt has it that the only cabins on Deck 3 to avoid are the cabins near Torshavn (near 3056ish) and cabins that are over the Star Theater.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, RockyMountainMoma said:

We love the DV6 cabins. We had 3061 and it was so convenient to elevators and stairs, also for getting off the ship. We never heard any noise outside in the hall. Our next cruise is “Ancient Adriatic Treasures” on October 3-17, 2021. It is almost sold out so choices were few. We booked a DV5 just to get a reservation but it was in the far rear of the ship. I kept watching and when a DV6 showed up on the website I moved to 3047. More to the center and between elevators. Sometimes you have to take what you can get. The cabins are very soundproof so I wouldn’t worry about noise as much as location.

So, it sounds like it is not difficult to change cabins, when something more suitable comes along.  Is that right?  What about if prices drop for your current cabin?  Are cost adjustments available?

I wouldn’t say it is not difficult to change cabins. It all depends on what is available especially in popular itineraries. When the cruise is so far out the chance of changing availability is more likely. Just keep checking the website. Then you have to call your travel agent or use the chat feature to find out what cabins have become available. If it is a lower category the price will be adjusted. Right now the availability seems to change often and who knows what the world will be like in a year or more.

4 hours ago, vegasjandk said:

So, it sounds like it is not difficult to change cabins, when something more suitable comes along.  Is that right?  What about if prices drop for your current cabin?  Are cost adjustments available?

We have two future bookings and I've changed cabins on both.  We work with a TA, but I called Viking directly to make the changes.  The calls took less than five minutes.  We received a confirmation email within ten minutes with a copy going to our TA.