Most U.S. Travelers Will Be Barred From E.U. When Bloc Reopens

Humbb

Thanks for the article.  

I found it interesting that Algeria, Rwanda, and Morocco are included in the access protocols. With Russia and the US apparently excluded, the European ocean and river cruising market will be considerably restricted.

(US and  Russian travelers can't enter the bloc, Russian destinations are off limits)

Couldn't read the NYT article, but I read last week that the EU access is based on new COVID cases, by population. Countries that are the same or lower than the Bloc average are on the approved list. I believe the list will be reviewed and updated every couple of weeks. 

Sorry about the paywall restrictions ... I guess this article isn't considered part of the Times' free coronavirus coverage. You can try entering the URL in outline dot com which sometimes works.

5 minutes ago, Humbb said:

Sorry about the paywall restrictions ... I guess this article isn't considered part of the Times' free coronavirus coverage. You can try entering the URL in outline dot com which sometimes works.

Thanks, no apologies needed, I read the details on the BBC and some other papers I follow. Sadly, too many of them have paywalls or bans on advert blockers.

Canada is on the permitted EU list (as is Morrocco and South Korea) but the USA is not and there is no intention to add it - just confirmed by the BBC.  These lists are usually subject to three weekly revisions

Thanks for posting that info.  Sad how travel is continuing to be hit.  If the US continues on the prohibited list, we might need to have good ole Andy adopt a couple of Desert Rats so we can sail our future Viking River cruise.😳

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Thanks for posting that info.  Sad how travel is continuing to be hit.  If the US continues on the prohibited list, we might need to have good ole Andy adopt a couple of Desert Rats so we can sail our future Viking River cruise.😳

Consider it done, long lost 2,000th cousin. Might be a shock to the system going from the desert to the Pacific Wet Coast. We don't tan up here, we rust.😁

With the new rules, our son flew into UK then onto Germany yesterday and didn't want to take a chance entering EU/Schengen on his Canadian passport, so used his UK one.