Followed insurers advice and things went wrong again??

HI Steve,

Purchased a Worlds Nomads policy and I got the better policy back in 2018 for an Africa cruise in March 2020.

Had airfare on Qatar from Miami to Doha to Cape town for $1400 purchased early 2019

I at the time had a New Zealand cruise booked for February 2021.

We all know March cruises got cancelled and I contacted the insurance company and was advised to pay a change fee to Qatar airlines and submit it thru my insurance policy.

So I paid $520 for a change fee and submitted it,but had to pay an additional $1900 for flights from Miami to Doha to Auckland New Zealand.

Well NCL last week cancelled the NZ cruise.  Now I have $3400 out of pocket for flights I can't use. I did have another World Nomads policy for the NZ trip as well and its the better one.

Can I claim the airfare on the insurance as my cruise is now gone? 

I do have another Africa cruise booked for November 2021 but that would require another $520 change fee and the cost is much cheaper than the $3400 total I have out. They will not let me use the ticket value for the change fee, so I need to pay $520 change, use $1800 for new seats estimated and will have $1600 left over if the cruise even happens????

What do I do?

Steve

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

HI Steve,

Purchased a Worlds Nomads policy and I got the better policy back in 2018 for an Africa cruise in March 2020.

Had airfare on Qatar from Miami to Doha to Cape town for $1400 purchased early 2019

I at the time had a New Zealand cruise booked for February 2021.

We all know March cruises got cancelled and I contacted the insurance company and was advised to pay a change fee to Qatar airlines and submit it thru my insurance policy.

So I paid $520 for a change fee and submitted it,but had to pay an additional $1900 for flights from Miami to Doha to Auckland New Zealand.

Well NCL last week cancelled the NZ cruise.  Now I have $3400 out of pocket for flights I can't use. I did have another World Nomads policy for the NZ trip as well and its the better one.

Can I claim the airfare on the insurance as my cruise is now gone? 

I do have another Africa cruise booked for November 2021 but that would require another $520 change fee and the cost is much cheaper than the $3400 total I have out. They will not let me use the ticket value for the change fee, so I need to pay $520 change, use $1800 for new seats estimated and will have $1600 left over if the cruise even happens????

What do I do?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Which exact Worlds Nomads policy did you buy?

Steve Dasseos

33 minutes ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Steve,

Which exact Worlds Nomads policy did you buy?

Steve Dasseos

It was the most expensive option but looking at it 

Product: Standard Plan       Plan #: N300S

Trip mate under written by Allied property casualty

Let me elaborate more on my trip.  I am flying Mia to Doha.....taking a 7 night MSC cruise which is not cancelled, then supposed to fly to NZ for now cancelled NCL 45 night cruise.

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016

Hi Steve,

I looked over your Plan # N300S certificate for a Florida resident and I don't see anything in it that justifies their advice to pay the change fee.

Do you record your important phone calls? If so, listen to that recording before you contact them. If not, do you have a call log for your phone call to Worlds Nomads including the name of the person you spoke to? If so, I suggest you contact them and ask for a transcript of that call. You'll need the exact date and time of the call.

And, if you bought the Worlds Nomads policy from an agent, I suggest you get them involved, too.

I hope this helps.

Steve Dasseos

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Steve,

I looked over your Plan # N300S certificate for a Florida resident and I don't see anything in it that justifies their advice to pay the change fee.

Do you record your important phone calls? If so, listen to that recording before you contact them. If not, do you have a call log for your phone call to Worlds Nomads including the name of the person you spoke to? If so, I suggest you contact them and ask for a transcript of that call. You'll need the exact date and time of the call.

And, if you bought the Worlds Nomads policy from an agent, I suggest you get them involved, too.

I hope this helps.

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve,

The change fee was from another policy.

My question in this thread was basically what do I do with $3400 in Airfare that I no longer can use?

Thanks

Steve

45 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Hi Steve,

The change fee was from another policy.

My question in this thread was basically what do I do with $3400 in Airfare that I no longer can use?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry I didn't grasp that the $3400 in airfare was your prime concern. Unfortunately, what you can do with the $3400 in Airfare that you no longer can use is not something I can advise you about.

> Can I claim the airfare on the insurance as my cruise is now gone?

It doesn't appear that your policy covers this. I don't see any wording in your World Nomads Plan # N300S's certificate that refers to Itinerary Change. I am looking at this cert: WN_STD_N300S-SRTC2000-CW-FL-FL-05-17-A.

Steve Dasseos

Steve