Making the decision (pulling the plug or holding fast?)

geckoaz

Techically my october horizon cruise is possible. Read bonaire is closed til november so no b in abc islands. We have decided to rebook or pay for panorama cruise next year with fcc. Lots of family consideration is going in decision. 

SO no long covid lectures but have you made a decision on a possible oct 2020 or foraward cruise to pull the plug? Or holding fast?

I have an October 31st cruise booked and I’m hanging on to hope that it will be canceled. Final payment isn’t due until August 2nd, I guess I’ll start panicking then. I’m not really interested in taking this cruise with the possibility of being quarantined to my interior room or having to quarantine for 14 days once we get home. If final payment does come without a cancellation I guess I’ll decide then if it’s worth losing the $198 deposit. I have Carnival Vacation Protection, does that mean I could get 75% in a fcc if I do pay final payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

I find myself in a position where I have to make final payment for my Oct 10 Breeze cruise on July 12.  I have serious doubts it is going to happen, but I also will lose $500 in deposits if I cancel before they do.  

I wish they would make a firm decision.  I have airfare I can change but not cancel.  

How long do you thing it would take to resposition the Breeze from England to Ft. Lauderdale, bring in the crew, and train them?  30 days?  

Unfortunately, this is my last cruise, for health reasons.  I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money on a ground trip to Europe.

5 minutes ago, Chief93 said:

I find myself in a position where I have to make final payment for my Oct 10 Breeze cruise on July 12.  I have serious doubts it is going to happen, but I also will lose $500 in deposits if I cancel before they do.  

I wish they would make a firm decision.  I have airfare I can change but not cancel.  

How long do you thing it would take to resposition the Breeze from England to Ft. Lauderdale, bring in the crew, and train them?  30 days?  

Unfortunately, this is my last cruise, for health reasons.  I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money on a ground trip to Europe.

Not sure if ground trip to Europe going to happen any sooner than a cruise. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

Techically my october horizon cruise is possible. Read bonaire is closed til november so no b in abc islands. We have decided to rebook or pay for panorama cruise next year with fcc. Lots of family consideration is going in decision. 

SO no long covid lectures but have you made a decision on a possible oct 2020 or foraward cruise to pull the plug? Or holding fast?

We are holding fast. Since our September, 7 day cruise on the Freedom was cancelled, we've decided to rebook the first half of 2021; same ship and same itinerary. I'm calling our TA tomorrow to get us rebooked, and get the nice $600 OBC. I'm leaning toward a late March date. Good luck to you. And I agree, LOTS of family consideration. 

I am holding fast to sailing in October, but I live 3.5 hours from the port, am retired, and a party of only two.  Plus the Discover card that I very rarely used offered zero Interest for a year, so I have been booking cruises that are actually refunded before the zero interest runs out in October.  I wouldn’t have a problem paying and then waiting for a refund if necessary, but the Discover deal just makes it too easy. If I had to travel any distance, take time off work, or pay for more than two people, I would rebook.

I would likely cancel or move my October booking if there wasn’t a fee involved with the ES rate.  Doesn’t make sense at this point to make changes involving a fee when it will likely be canceled anyway.  I may look to defer final payment date (currently 7/28) but am not sure if that increases my cancellation penalty if I can’t go due to work restrictions.  A no win/break even situation as many are experiencing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I don't think that Cruises around the USA are going to happen even in October

same here..  If CDC lifts thats, big if at this point, no sail order after July 24th there will be a lot of stuff, rules, and protocols  need to be done.  Crew needs to be trained, call in for a new contract on a new ship, and etc..

28 minutes ago, GLCM GUY said:

We are booked on the 3 October Panorama cruise and are hopeful that she sails.  Increasingly that does not look promising.  The CDC and Mexico have a vote.

I have a feeling October cruises will be canceled as well  sometime in July or beginning of August

We are making final payment tomorrow for October 4th Freedom cruise. About two months ago upgraded to a wrap balcony if  need to isolate on board, and or no ports open. Felt like a safe bet for most unforeseen problems, if canceled hope to move money over to my February 2022 cruise.

Our August 29th cruise was canceled,  but we made the final payment hoping that it wouldn't be canceled. But, of course, it was.  We knew that if it were to be canceled. we would rebook. Better to let Carnival cancel than you cancel.  You can either get a refund or rebook with FCC.  Letting Carnival cancel, you can't lose.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Our August 29th cruise was canceled,  but we made the final payment hoping that it wouldn't be canceled. But, of course, it was.  We knew that if it were to be canceled. we would rebook. Better to let Carnival cancel than you cancel.  You can either get a refund or rebook with FCC.  Letting Carnival cancel, you can't lose.

Totally agree BB! 

We're booked for October 12th, but are hedging our bets by not booking anything else.  We'll have to drive 7 hours to the port, so, at the very last moment, we'll book a hotel for the night before.  We're also holding off on booking a kennel for our dog.  But I wouldn't cancel, I'll wait for Carnival to make the decision, which I guess means I'll be paying them the final payment in about 2 weeks!

My October 29 Freedom cruise was paid in full by FCC from my cancelled March cruise.  I can't see any chance it will sail but there is no benefit to my cancelling.

My March 2021 cruise is paid.  The next one currently booked isn't until March of 2022.  While it's an expensive one, it's over two-thirds paid from applying FCC from my recently cancelled September cruise.

When October gets cancelled I haven't yet decided what to do.  I will probably look for a fall 2021 date, but I might just opt for a refund.

I've just finished dealing with fallout from cancelled September cruise and am not eager to start that process again.  I'm old, disappointed, and tired!

DH and I are booked on the Pride 14-day Journey cruise November 1st. I am holding on to the hope that she will sail as scheduled.

If not, I'll take the FCC/OBC and book  the 2nd part of my B2B on the Pride April 2021.  The first half is already booked/paid for with OBC/FCC from cancelled Legend cruise from May 2020.  Heading to Bermuda for sure.

Karen

When (being realistic) Oct cruise gets cancelled, we will keep original FCC from cancelled Mardi Gras Nov20 cruise and take full refund from our May cancelled cruise used for the October cruise.  Basically, we will be out $0 and still have our original $480 FCC.  Yes, we will "lose" the $600 OBC, but at this point in time, I want no $ at risk and will rebook something once cruising start again.  Time to look for a different vacation for this year.  Stay safe everyone.

Edited by VaTech8912
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, roguebandit said:

We are making final payment tomorrow for October 4th Freedom cruise. About two months ago upgraded to a wrap balcony if  need to isolate on board, and or no ports open. Felt like a safe bet for most unforeseen problems, if canceled hope to move money over to my February 2022 cruise.

I'm booked on same cruise. Oct 4th freedom. I too think unless covid cases turn around we will be cancelled. All we can do Is hold tight. I have $800 obc I'd love to spend

I got $100 obc to book es they said was part of the fare, but I'm worried not part of fcc if gets cancelled and its lost. I wish now I'd booked next year.

If I lose the extra $100 I wouldnt be a happy camper.

Edited by firefly333

8 hours ago, geckoaz said:

I had one booked for December on Horizon in the Havana area but we pulled the plug last month.