Several Of Our Members Mentioned In A Cruise Critic Email

Joe817

Well, I feel like I'm in honored company here on the CC Carnival forum!

I received an email about 2 hours ago that mentions 4 people and their quotes. In order of mention:

Butterbean1000

Firefly333

TNCruising02

Organized Chaos

Congratulations you guys!  👍👍   A toast to you all! 🍹

For the full article:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5411/?et_cid=3340549&et_rid=268269734&et_referrer=nav_site_login_us

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I received an email about 2 hours ago that mentions 4 people and their quotes. In order of mention:

Butterbean1000

Firefly333

TNCruising02

Organized Chaos

For the full article:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5411/?et_cid=3340549&et_rid=268269734&et_referrer=nav_site_login_us

@Butterbean1000

@firefly333

@TNcruising02

@Organized Chaos

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Butterbean1000

Firefly333

TNCruising02

Organized Chaos

For the full article:

I was a bit nervous to read the article and possibly see something that I may have posted out of frustration, but all is good. Nice quotes, everyone!

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

So, how much do we get paid for this? The check is in the mail, right? 🤑 I'll be signing autographs and taking photos in the atrium on our next cruise. See your Fun Times for details.

Seriously though, very nice of you to share this, Joe. Thank you.

The estimated time for your check to be in the mail is 60-90 days, but don't hold your breath waiting as it might take longer. Or you could opt for FPC (that would be Future Posting Credit).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

So, how much do we get paid for this? The check is in the mail, right? 🤑 I'll be signing autographs and taking photos in the atrium on our next cruise. See your Fun Times for details.

Seriously though, very nice of you to share this, Joe. Thank you.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing!  I would like to thank all the little people...

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Butterbean1000

Firefly333

TNCruising02

Organized Chaos

For the full article:

I'm honored to be a part of  this group of posters I respect. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

You find mean spirited people everywhere. But it's nice that they show themselves. Now we know who to take seriously. 😏

Well put Butterbean! 👍  And congrats!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Hahaha Mr. Carnival!

@jimbo5544

You have been around long enough to know articles written by cruise critic frequently quote posts on this site. They post quotes that support the story they are trying to convey. The only thing being quoted does is show that person has similar thoughts to the author of the article.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You have been around long enough to know articles written by cruise critic frequently quote posts on this site. They post quotes that support the story they are trying to convey. The only thing being quoted does is show that person has similar thoughts to the author of the article.  

More like the author has similar thoughts as the ones being quoted...since the thoughts of people being quoted came first. But in this case, it wasn't that she had similar thoughts, necessarily. She was simply giving examples of different reactions to cancellations and future cruises.

Yes, it happens all the time in CC articles. So what, we can still get a kick out of it. This is just a little piece of light in the middle of all the darkness on this forum right now and it was nice of Joe to post it. But thanks for making sure to point it out anyway. Heaven forbid we get a single thread with a positive vibe without some people looking to bring them down.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

More like the author has similar thoughts as the ones being quoted...since the thoughts of people being quoted came first. But in this case, it wasn't that she had similar thoughts, necessarily. She was simply giving examples of different reactions to cancellations and future cruises.

Yes, it happens all the time in CC articles. So what, we can still get a kick out of it. This is just a little piece of light in the middle of all the darkness on this forum right now and it was nice of Joe to post it. But thanks for making sure to point it out anyway. Heaven forbid we get a single thread with a positive vibe without some people looking to bring them down.

The article is nice as is the posters quoted.  I think CC has acted particularly well overall during these trying times. All quoters posted should feel good about being quoted in the article.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Actually, this is one of the only articles I’ve read from Cruise Critic. Most of the time, I get my information from the forums or other websites. I thought it was a very good article that captured the feedback from other members well. Thanks though.

Edited by xDisconnections

On 6/28/2020 at 11:08 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I was a bit nervous to read the article and possibly see something that I may have posted out of frustration, but all is good. Nice quotes, everyone!

I was worried too, but it just said I was sad to be cancelled. 

• Like 1