Scarlet Lady sailing back to Europe - Has VV given up on Fall sailings from America?

70KToM

The Scarlet Lady is unexpectedly sailing back to Europe. With a spike in coronavirus cases in Florida, Europe banning American travelers, and Europeans not likely to travel to the United States, has Virgin Voyages given up on sailing from Florida in the Fall?

c6ohsq8emv751.jpg

They posted this on their twittter several days ago:

"A quick trip across the Atlantic to help us make sure more Crew can make it home safely and get things shipshape before setting sail this Fall"

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bajathree said:

I heard they r going in for 2 week retrofit...making changes already to the ship and creating a more "social distancing" friendly atmosphere. 

At least the issue of so many people complaining about how small the pool is, is no longer an issue ...:)- Virgin now looks pretty smart for having a small pool.

18 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

At least the issue of so many people complaining about how small the pool is, is no longer an issue ...:)- Virgin now looks pretty smart for having a small pool.

With social distancing i don't think more than 4 people would be able to use that pool at one time. If anything they need a bigger pool. I don't know what they were thinking about with a pool that size.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

Virgin Voyages may very well decide to keep Scarlet Lady in Europe to at least have a chance at getting some revenue sailings in for 2020. I'm sure they could get loads of people to book last minute from Europe with some savvy social media blitzes. Sad to say it, but it's looking more and more like U.S. departures are not happening this year.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, garymfreedman said:

Oh yes, very smart, a pool for 4 is now a pool for 1 - a chocolate fireguard comes to mind (e.g for those not use to the expression - useless).