Cruise Critic Community
SCOOTERNINJA

Princess Cruises Featured on CNN

Featured story on CNN Travel.  Perhaps Princess has the attitude that any press is good press?

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-refund-cancellation-coronavirus/index.html

From the story:

"Hayden says she chased up the cruise line three weeks after the refund request as she hadn't heard anything and was subsequently told by Princess Cruises she should expect to wait 30 days.

A month later, Hayden had heard nothing further. She checked in again and was told 60 days.
Fast-forward to end of June, and Hayden says it's been 99 days and counting. She's received her credit, but her cash is nowhere to be seen."

Many of us were saying very early on (early April) that they needed to get their act together and that they are shooting themselves in the foot with their delays.  They got what they deserve.  A lot of pissed off customers and a reputation in the press for being a bunch of weasels.

6 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Many of us were saying very early on (early April) that they needed to get their act together and that they are shooting themselves in the foot with their delays.  They got what they deserve.  A lot of pissed off customers and a reputation in the press for being a bunch of weasels.

And as the above news items indicate, the passengers awaiting refunds from non-Carnival Corp brands are also in the same boat (so to speak) and also vowing to never sail their cruise lines again.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

And as the above news items indicate, the passengers awaiting refunds from non-Carnival Corp brands are also in the same boat (so to speak) and also vowing to never sail their cruise lines again.

First off, NCL raised their financing 5 WEEKS after CCL did.  That's a HUGE difference. 

But even if NCL had delayed it as long, I don't see the benefit in having a corporate position of: "Everyone is as bad as us!"

Especially considering CCL had the money and could have came out of this looking like they actually cared about their customers. 

12 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Especially considering CCL had the money and could have came out of this looking like they actually cared about their customers. 

See that sign that says Unsecured Creditors Only? Now take a number, go to the end of the long line and wait for your turn.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

See that sign that says Unsecured Creditors Only? Now take a number, go to the end of the long line and wait for your turn.

I don't need to wait my turn.  I disputed the charges long ago.  I'm not stupid enough to be jerked around by some incompetent corporation.

46 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I don't need to wait my turn.  I disputed the charges long ago.  I'm not stupid enough to be jerked around by some incompetent corporation.

I did not dispute the charge, though I would have if it had taken much longer, and received our total refund within the 90 days.

I was told by our TA when we cancelled in April (before the inevitable cruise line cancellation in May) that it would take some time as they were working on March so our July cruise refund would not be immediate. It looks like there was no order or rhyme or reason to how they did refunds, but ours is now on our credit card.

I understand being disappointed in not getting refunds right away.  What I also understand is one of the reasons there are these delays is that with the thousands of cancellations that occured, each one is manually done because there is no automatic process to do them.  All these cancellations had different situations regarding method of paying, currency used, amount that was actually due for a refund and the method for that refund.  Believing that what the company is doing is nefarious is not based on fact.

These threads are somewhat tiresome and even though I can feel the pain of these delays I would hope that we all take a moment and think about all the good experiences we have had aboard a Princess ship and start thinking about when we can experience them again.

Posted (edited)

We got our refund on the Credit Card on the 60 day deadline. We were poised to dispute but did not have to! The shore excursion fees came 5 days later.  Our cruise was May 16th cancelled on April 14 th.

We did have to dispute ( and won) the Cunard refund after they went to 67 days 

Edited by gmjc2

4 hours ago, Grego said:

I understand being disappointed in not getting refunds right away.  What I also understand is one of the reasons there are these delays is that with the thousands of cancellations that occured, each one is manually done because there is no automatic process to do them.  All these cancellations had different situations regarding method of paying, currency used, amount that was actually due for a refund and the method for that refund.  Believing that what the company is doing is nefarious is not based on fact.

These threads are somewhat tiresome and even though I can feel the pain of these delays I would hope that we all take a moment and think about all the good experiences we have had aboard a Princess ship and start thinking about when we can experience them again.

Companies do appreciate the customer that simply believes any vague statement released by the company...especially those customers willing to advance interest free loans for undetermined periods or worse.

PS:  How a low paid  cocktail server might have treated you onboard a Princess ship is very unrelated to decisions of high paid company management.  Perhaps asking the employees of the Princess ships how they have been treated by the company throughout this ordeal might be helpful?

7 hours ago, Grego said:

There is  not a automatic process for the refunds, because the cruise lines disabled the previously existing automatic process for refunds.

All of those asking for full refunds could have easily been processed by the previously existing automated process.  Even for those that wanted FCC the process could have been easily modified to be fully automated.  That would have just left those on the early cruises canceled/interrupted during or just prior to departure where there were special terms offered..

10 hours ago, Grego said:

They have a way to automatically do them. They just turned it off. They said this on one of their webinars. I wish they had left the automatic on and just did FCC manually (though that could have been automated also). 

10 hours ago, Grego said:

Obviously you're not owed tens of thousands of dollars. It will be a long time before I trust carnival corp again. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Obviously you're not owed tens of thousands of dollars. It will be a long time before I trust carnival corp again. 

I agree! If one isn't owed money - they probably don't care about the refunds but when you are owed $$$$ - it is very important. I followed these boards like crazy when I was owed a lot of money. It does mean a lot and it is a frustrating process.

For those who did not have to go through this process - consider yourself lucky.

Posted (edited)

deleted 

Edited by c-boy