Out of my reach?

Hi....I've got a few ideas for future bucket list cruises; I'd LOVE to do one of yours!

I'm just wondering how to compare these types of expedition cruises?  Is it all about the excursions, do I want casual comfort when on board or do i need to be pampered.  WHAT DO I LOOK FOR??? 

BTW, I frequently attend these Q&As and really appreciate them!

Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been 4 times. 3 with Quark. 

I prioritise:

- Length of the trip (choose the longest you can afford - my shortest trip was 24 days and longest was 33). 
- Including South Georgia and Falkland Islands. 
- cabin sharing if you are a solo. You can choose twin, triple or even quad share to reduce your costs. 

To me a bed is a bed and a shower is a shower. Luxury is of little importance. Your time is spent on excursions or out on the decks. You only go to your cabin to sleep. Having said that - Quark vessels are lovely, comfy, and excellent food etc. Passionate and skilled expedition teams who share their knowledge either at lectures or when on land or in the zodiacs. I would go again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

Hi there, thanks for your interest and great question! Also, @PerfectlyPerth thanks for your answer above, we definitely agree with you! 

Polar expedition travel offers a lot to do for every type of traveler. Each guest has their own perspectives on the expedition they choose based on their traveler experiences and preferences. 

The most common way of comparing them is by the destinations you'll visit. For example, we have 12 unique expeditions to the Antarctic, some of them visit only the Antarctic Peninsula whereas longer itineraries include the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) and South Georgia. Note: Longer expeditions will visit more landing sites and destinations, which will also affect the starting price. Longer trip = higher cost 🙂 

The most popular among those is our Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent expedition. This 11/12 day itinerary will take you from Ushuaia, Argentina across the famed Drake Passage and explore the South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula, including a continental landing. 

The next way to compare them is by the Adventure Options offerings. You'll be spending most of your time out on excursions, whether it be on our included activities: exploring a landing site, enjoying a zodiac cruise or taking the iconic Polar Plunge. In addition, you'll be able to participate in paid Adventure Options that include Sea Kayaking, Paddling Excursion, SUP and much more. Note: guests are able to remain back onboard the ship when all guests are called for our daily activities. 

"Do I wanna be pampered?" You'll have ample of time onboard while crossing the Drake Passage or post-excursions. The World Explorer and out purpose-built expedition ship Ultramarine both have Spa's onboard giving you the chance to make the most of your visit to the Polar Regions. Note: this differentiator is dependent on each guest. For example, many guests who'd prefer not to use visit these facilities, use their time out on deck, attending a lecture by our onboard experts, visiting the bridge or joining newly made friends at the bar. You can watch this video to better understand our onboard experience: https://youtu.be/kndbp54pEXI

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we're always happy to help! 

• Like 1