Transatlantic on the Moon

AtMaui

I just looked at this cruise for next March and it's not showing a reduced single supplement.  TA's are usually at +25% or even +10%.  Do you think this is because of COVID?  I'd love to take this cruise but times 2 makes it very pricey.  The Shadow is not showing a reduced single supplement either.

However, when I looked at an on line cruise website, both cruises were at a reduced rate.  The same site shows the Seabourn Quest with a reduced single supplement.

3 hours ago, AtMaui said:

I just looked at this cruise for next March and it's not showing a reduced single supplement.  TA's are usually at +25% or even +10%.  Do you think this is because of COVID?  I'd love to take this cruise but times 2 makes it very pricey.  The Shadow is not showing a reduced single supplement either.

However, when I looked at an on line cruise website, both cruises were at a reduced rate.  The same site shows the Seabourn Quest with a reduced single supplement.

The fact that it doesn't show a 10/25% supplement does not necessarily imply that it is 2x the single.  It could well be 50%.  It may be that it is heavily booked -- perhaps with Europeans booked on the Grand Voyage who wanted to return to Europe.

To the OP - you can probably get 50% solo supp on the Moon TA 

You are correct that it would normally be 25% but it's becoming popular as many pax are cancelling 2020 cruises and are looking to next year in the hope something actually sails.

Thanks for your replies.

0 on the Shadow is amazing.  The SS web site shows no reduced single supp so I'm sure people jumped on that cruise as soon as anyone saw 0.

I would take the Moon at 50%.  I've asked my TA to check into these two cruises.

A friend and I were booked on a Regent cruise in April which we have decided to cancel and hopefully find a Silversea one.  BUT I would have to talk the friend into doing a crossing.  She gets easily seasick!!

On 7/1/2020 at 9:43 PM, spinnaker2 said:

I think the March Moon TA is pretty booked. 

I booked this in March 2019 on the Wind on the day the brochure came out....... Could well have been the first to book.......... Not that I'm suggesting that has any relevance to it being popular. lol

All down to value..... And it was meant to be my first Moon cruise.... and probably will be the case again (if it sails) as I cant see the Nov 20 crossing taking place and the South American cruises unless there is a vaccine. (Which is possible but unlikely.)

Fingers crossed everyone.

Fingers and toes crossed Les - I've just cancelled my Moon TA this Nov and am transferring the money to extend my Moon Mar TA to add the next segment b2b to Athens. Sure hope that one sails!

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

No Moon for us. We have just cancelled our westbound TA due to leave Barcelona on 8 November. It looks like this could be the maiden voyage, but on the other hand it may cross the pond empty if, as seems likely, cruising has not re-commenced by then.

8 hours ago, philipb said:

No Moon for us.  We have just cancelled our westbound TA due to leave Barcelona on 8 November.

I realize you weren’t a part of our Moon TA Roll Call, but don’t worry, it seems most passengers are cancelling based on the messages I’ve received.  Will update the roll call when we return home next week.

20 hours ago, philipb said:

No Moon for us. We have just cancelled our westbound TA due to leave Barcelona on 8 November. It looks like this could be the maiden voyage, but on the other hand it may cross the pond empty if, as seems likely, cruising has not re-commenced by then.

After some serious thought about the latest UK Gov change, we have decided to tough it out. Today was our last chance to cancel without real penalty. If it sails we will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1