Past Service Issues and Credit Vouchers

nonrev1

Late last summer we took B2B cruises on the Pursuit.  We encountered quite a few (and well documented) service issues.  As a result we received a future cruise credit certificate for each cruise.  We applied one for a July cruise and we were looking for a September or October cruise for the second FCC.  Then the world fell off its axis.  We are still waiting our refund from our July cruise and have had no reply regarding the FCC that we applied to the cruise.  But, given the circumstances, I asked for an extension on the second FCC. It has to be used by October.  I was advised that since they are scheduled to resume sailing in mid September that I have AMPLE time to find a cruise to use my certificate.  Azamara owes us over $10,000 for the July cruise, we have no idea when Azamara will really sail....but we would have to find a cruise now and pay in full since we are within final payment. If Azamara is taking 120 days for refunds why would I be crazy enough to give them more money for a cruise that will not happen.  Plus, one of us is in our mid 70's with a pre existing condition.  All of our flights to any Azamara cruise require connections and are long haul flights.  Not to mention living in Florida where our virus numbers are going in the wrong direction.  I was also told in the email that it is up to each individual agent to determine the outcome of the certificates.  Seriously? No policy?  Thank you for listening to my rant.  Azamara was my cruise line of choice.  I hope they succeed....but responses like this to loyal customers is not a way to run a business or make us feel like they want us back again.   If they extended the certificate, we would return when it is safe.  By saying we have  to find a cruise between Mid September and October they are losing our future business.  Very short sighted.       

Sorry you are having this issue using a FCC.  If it were me I would not book, but would wait it out.  Although cruising may start on Sept 16, it could get pushed back again.  Assuming cruising starts in September it’s likely they could start with shorter itineraries changed ports and reduced passenger capacity.  

Once a firm cruising date exists, which ships & itineraries are announced then you  may find that there is something you like or you may find that few booking are available due to ships sailing with reduced capacity.  

If cruising gets pushed again then I’m sure the expiration date of your FCC will be extended.  If cruising starts and there isn’t anything that works you have more concrete info to bolster your request.  
Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  As for shorter itineraries if cruising resumes in mid September - unfortunately, that would not work for us as we do not feel comfortable traveling on a cruise ship just yet - or flying to get to a cruise. Our numbers in Florida are getting higher every day and I fear that travel in September or October will not happen.   Yes, we are going to hold out to see if things get pushed back again.  My agent has gotten involved and is waiting for a response.  She was dumbfounded by the email they sent me. 

• Like 1