How Comfortable Would You Be ?

Ashland

What is the current DL policy on cancellation of tickets?  Do that research first.  Then see how that would apply to your situation.

Only you can make the kind of risk/reward calculation to answer your question.  Personally, given the amount of travel I do, getting credits is just about the same as getting cash.

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

What is the current DL policy on cancellation of tickets?  Do that research first.  Then see how that would apply to your situation.

Only you can make the kind of risk/reward calculation to answer your question.  Personally, given the amount of travel I do, getting credits is just about the same as getting cash.

Trying to do the research is a bit overwhelming (at least to me).

No change fees for one year on all new bookings now through July 31, 2020.

I can't anywhere find what change fees would be if applicable to change (if need be) .

My next planned flight (International) wouldn't be until July 30, 2021 through mid August 2021, and it seems the no change fee travel would have to be completed by the issuance date.

So if I have to pay a change fee my question is would the remainder of the flight cost be able to apply to

that July flight? If so I'm good with that or I also have an October 2021 cruise booked too that I could use it for.

Very much hoping that this all is a mute point since our March trip (cruise) is our 45th wedding anniversary trip which we booked long ago.

Thanks for any help you might provide as it's much appreciated.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I don't have enough wine to drink to make such a decision.  Booking anything, on anything, until there is more clarity as to what the future for travel may be, is foolhardy.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers to you :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have a flight SFO-FCO in late May. Comfortable, particularly given the cancellation policies the airlines allow at time of booking.

Thanks....all you regulars with experience are making me feel a bit more confident.

I've only had to cancel one flight (when our May 2020 cruise was cancelled) after many years of traveling.

You asked how comfortable we would be booking a flight for next  March. One consideration is to decide if you are ok with flight changes that could include time as well as equipment.. Since LAX to SJU involves 2 flights and given the current uncertainty with airline schedules, it’s likely that you will experience some, possibly several changes, before March. If your plans are very flexible then it may not be a problem. Good luck!

Flight changes...been there done that many times. On one particular trip LAX-SJU we had 6 flight changes with AA. We always go down two or three days early. Flying AA or DL and booking several months to a year out we're pretty flexible with those changes. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond...just trying to get a feel from y'all during this uncertain timing in our world today.