Heads up - TV documentary 2nd July

3 hours ago, WeeCountyMan said:

ITV tonight at 9pm - "Billion Pound Cruises : All At Sea"

60 minute documentary on the effects the virus has had across the industry - not be missed I suggest.

Yes, a P&O thread was satrted about it last week - now goes into 3 pages of comments, but includes much chatter.  Someone put a link to ITV press release about it and sounds like they have a number of people recounting their tales of experiences on ships which gained infected passengers, though no mention of Braemar.  Seems to be the more sensational experiences like Diamond Princess, which we missed much of as we were on Boudicca at the time.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week27/billion-pound-cruises-all-sea

I am hoping it moves on a bit and gives a bit about the current situation, but maybe not sensationalist enough...........

I really do really like your little man enjoying a wee dram - need something to cheer me up these days 🙂

Edited by tring

13 hours ago, Coravel said:

I don't think the cruise industry has many friends so I'm expecting the documentary to concentrate on the doom and gloom aspects of resurrecting the cruise ships.  

Was more to do with the demise.  Our thoughts were that the program was being recorded with kid gloves as a lot more could have been mentioned particularly about how long it took for ships to get clearance to dock and the many days it took for some ships to be able to disembark all passengers after that, not that it was the fault of the cruise lines.  Concern about legal action I suspect.

Edited by tring

Apologies for delay in responding - was involved with the grandkids yesterday afternoon - I usually need at least 7 nights All Inclusive to recover !!!

The programme was good in parts - it will certainly put potential new cruiers off for a few years - and maybe a lot of us "Old Guard" veterans as well.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
spelling

Late watching it, only saw it last night, one of my many recorded programs. My thoughts, for what they are worth, with the outbreak of the disease, we knew little or nothing of it and governments of the world knew as much as us. It was initially forecast as almost a mass extinction event 😞 We now have more knowledge of the disease and I am absolutely convinced things would have been handled so differently now. I was actually on a cruise during these times which ended on 19th March on Boudicca. We were refused entry to our last three ports of call, 2 in Spain and 1 in Portugal. We did not have any illness onboard ship and at the end of the cruise the ship ended it's current cruising and is moored up in Scotland with the rest of the fleet. We have booked the same cruise again for 2021 and are really looking forward to it.