7-2-20 Thursday Weigh-In..Happy 4th Of July And Belated Happy Canada Day

Belle

July July July...  Where did the time go..so slow but so fast

With everything going on in the world..you would think this is a movie and we're the cast

But afraid it's not..it's the real world and we're not movie stars

So we still have to lose the weight because we're not stars and riding in fancy cars

In fact we shouldn't be riding in any cars..we shouldn't be going any place.. right ..virus counts are bad

Should just be walking in a park or around the block by our selves to keep us safe now.  which is sad

Eating healthy and less is the best for us at this time..day by day

I know we all dieting and exercising in our own way

We're all in this together....wishing each other the best in bad times and good

We all have the same trouble with liking and at times eating to much food

We're all doing so much better as the weeks go by

Be proud of ourselves we have had loss's and very small gains..to them we say bye bye

It's the 4th of July weekend..Watch Out..the food and drink might be calling your name

We can enjoy ourselves but have to say ..we can eat but not over eat and have fun just the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Belated Canada Day and Happy US Independence Day to all who observe those (I'm not sure if we have anyone not CA/US on this sub-forum).

Thanks for starting us, Belle.  You are right about enjoying ourselves but not overeating - that is addressed in the mindset portion of the nutrition plan I'm using: what is the purpose of the function - to eat or to enjoy time with people.  We are visiting DH parents (possibly his sister and her household will show up for one meal too) and I'm trying to be very intentional with food choices.  I know I won't be on plan, but can be healthier than in the past.

Our state issued a "masks when you leave your home" rule (previously it was masks at businesses) - a lot of people are unhappy about it but we do need to keep the hospitals from being overrun while still keeping a functioning economy.  There are exceptions for those who can't wear due to health issues (and I know some who legitimately are that way) but I know many who just don't want to wear them.  It feels like the seatbelt arguments from when I was little.

I'm down .6# from last week (although up 1# from yesterday).  Soreness from Monday's workout is almost gone which makes sense since we work out again tonight 😉 

• Like 2

Hi all! I'm up the 1.4# I was down last week. We ordered wings last night, and I am going to blame it on that. 

For the past couple weeks we have been talking about finally doing something with our back yard. We haven't landscaped back there since we built, and it's all grass. Well grass and our little container garden. We were thinking of extending our patio and adding a firepit, maybe a built in grill, landscaping all around the fence line. Yesterday morning an excavator shows up in the yard of the neighbor behind us...so we spent all day talking about the possibility of a pool. If we can't cruise...💁‍♀️ It's all dreams and plans at the moment, but it would be nice to get a few laps in every day, even if they would be short laps. Maybe this is like going to the grocery store when you are hungry, and we shouldn't make this decision when it's 100 degrees outside? 😆

I hope everyone has a good week! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Thanks Belle always for your words of wisdom.

I stayed the same.

Pac, nice loss. Glad the workout soreness is gone. 

Mel, at least not a horrible gain. Nice you are thinking about improving the backyard, sounds like a nice plan. 

Take care, Diana

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice message. We are all in this together, just wish some people were more considerate!

pacruise804 ~ thanks for the belated Canada Day wish. It sure was a different one as I imagine your 4th of July will be. I wish our Mayor would say masks are required. There seems to be a lot of visitors in Town, it is a tourist destination & who knows where those people came from & have been?!

I either stayed the same or am down 0.6 depending on when I got weighed this morning. Let's say stayed the same then a loss will seem right if it happens next week. DH thinks a loss of a pound a week shouldn't be hard to do & I sort of agree. I am feeling heavy & just read an article that said  belly fat holds in vitamins &  hormones that should be circulating. We'll see.

I do like to eat & often😉.

I guess I should start doing My Fitness Pal again & move some more.

Have a great holiday & stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

DD and I are trying beetroot powder in our post-workout protein shakes.  I'm not fond of actual beets, but know they contain a lot of nutrients.  Hoping the improved circulation claim is true - if so it should help several health areas for me.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts today ... Belle thanks for the poem!

We have a lot of tourists in our area and we have open border to a few states other than that there must be either quarantine or a negative test before entering the state.  Some people from away are not telling the truth about the requirements ... even saw someone boasting about it on tv .. it is insane!  Our governor just made masks required (before they were just suggested) ... we will see where it ends up going.  There are some very unhappy people.

My DD came over this morning and we sat and talked ... it was great to see her ... Its been a few weeks.  

I weighed myself today and I was down 1# ... last week I was up 1.8# ... so it is rather yo-yoing ... I know I haven't been eating really healthy (too many desserts) and not exercising enough ... but as of this week I am meeting with my trainer twice per week.   I think DH and I will start doing more walking.  

Hope everyone who celebrates has a nice July 4th.  We are getting a new gas grill on Friday so we should start grilling around the 4th - other than that life is steady and uneventful.  Jan

• Like 2

Forgot to mention .... somehow I now seem to have 6 cruises booked (probably should spend less time on the computer).  I am not telling DH, but we now have an Alaska cruise August of 22 (its on his bucket list!).  Jan

• Like 2

Hello All  Thanks for the kind words. I try.

Pac..We use to have a larger group and we did have people from different countries.

Wish more would come in.  Glad you had a loss.  Good job on the exercising.

Stay safe on visiting family.

Mel...Sorry you had a gain. Could be the wings with sauce, lots of salt.

Good luck on your back yard what ever you do. A pool always sounds nice but a bigger patio

with BBQ sounds nice too.

Diana...Staying the same is good, not a gain. Aren't you at goal or close to it?

Did they close your gym again with the counts going up?

Jo...Staying the same or losing the .6 both are good.  Not a gain. Yes a pound a week sounds good

but sometimes doesn't work. We just keep trying.  Why is eating so much fun?

Jan...Glad you had a loss.  I think at this time even with not liking yo-yoing it's keeping us from

not gaining a lot  which we could be doing.  Yes I don't understand people not wanting to wear masks...

It could save their lives!    Good job on the 6 cruises, I've only got 2 booked so far.  Hope we can take them.

Me...I lost 1 pound, might of been more but ate very late last night and it was pasta. Not low carb. See what

next week brings.  Don't have any plans for the 4th.  See if daughter can fix my lawn mower. It's electric and

wires loose I think. She fixed it once.  Hope she can don't want to buy a new one because want to do something

with  the lawns and don't want grass again. At this time just don't want people here with virus counts going

up and you don't know the people you hire..where they have been and such.  You assume their safe but will wait awhile.

Like I said I don't understand people making a fuss, fighting, killing and filing suits against wearing masks,

It could save their lives along with their families.  Plus they protect all the people around.  Everyone wearing

a masks the virus could go down again.  All business's could open instead of closing some again.

You read all the story's of people saying I'm not wearing one and then they got the virus.  Now more states

making it a law to wear one even the ones who said they wouldn't do it.

OK I'll stop writing now. .  Have a Good Safe Weekend...Whatever You Do. Wishing Everyone A Loss Next Thursday

Because You Had A Good Eating Weekend.:classic_smile:

So everyone be safe out there this Holiday weekend.  Wear your masks, wash hands often. There's

crazy people out there.  Only way to be safe is to stay home.  That's a terrible thing to have to say but

so true.

• Like 1

Jo, I like your thinking, go with maintain then you'll post a loss next week.

Jan, good loss. Nice you got to see your daughter. Enjoy the new grill. 

Jan, I think (I hope) people will just get used to it like us. It is just part of life. Most people in NorCal where we are are wearing masks. Those that aren't are very few and far between. I went to a bank the other day and in the strip mall (I was in line outside) I was "people watching", everyone I saw had a mask on. There was one guy in the bank without a mask. 

Belle, good loss for you too. Our gym is still open. In our county they are not finding virus cases coming from things like salon visits, dentist visits, gyms or even restaurants. It is specifically gatherings with others outside people's immediate household. 

So, I don't know how long the gym will stay open. I think at some point they will close gyms and dine-in at restaurants but for now those things are still allowed.

I have hot dogs for us for tomorrow night's dinner. On the grill of course. Not healthy but a July 4th staple.

Have a nice day,

Diana

• Like 2

Sorry this year just doesn't feel like a Happy 4th of July.  Everything canceled.  Virus counts are up more people dying.

Too much.  Another virus taking over which they say is more or less the same but more people can get this one.

Gets to where you don't want to read or watch the news.  All this doesn't feel real. Try to live normal but it's not

normal and people trying to live like it is......and that's why so many getting sick...passing the virus over and over.

Doesn't help when our quote "Fill in the blank_____ president"  can't follow the rules and has rally's with no masks and distancing.

Why?

Sorry about the venting..all this getting to much.  I, you and others follow the rules and then ALL THE OTHERS DON'T

and more and more people getting sick and dying.  I pray for everyone in here please be safe.

• Like 1

Happy 4th of July. Stay safe and healthy. 

I agree with you Belle. We all need to do certain things to keep each other safe. Too bad some think it doesn't apply to them.

Also, saw the headline that U.S. officials will announce soon that we will have to live with the virus, it isn't going away, gee really? Guess we'll hide under the covers until the vaccine, many months from now.

We have some strawberry nectar and fruit punch so think I'll celebrate today with either a strawberry margarita or rum punch. Yum.

Best, Diana

• Like 2

Anyone having trouble with post here. Had two notices that Pac and cruise42 posted but there not here.

Diana hope you enjoyed your drink on this 4th of July.

Hope everyone had a good day and night.  Enjoy your Sunday.

22 hours ago, Belle said:

Anyone having trouble with post here. Had two notices that Pac and cruise42 posted but there not here.

Diana hope you enjoyed your drink on this 4th of July.

Hope everyone had a good day and night.  Enjoy your Sunday.

I didn't post, just "liked" your post #11

Cruise42..Sorry I didn't pay attention and read it right. Glad you liked my post. Sometimes hard not to vent.

I hope you and family are doing well. Wishing I see you more in here. Miss you posting.  Take care.

Hope everyone had/having a good Sunday.  That it was a safe one and everyone is fine.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what mine was.  I haven't had notifications that I did anything wrong, so probably a thanks/like notification rather than a post.

We had a very nice visit with my in-laws and ate much better than I thought we would (nutrition wise, I know it will always taste good) although still heavier than ideal.  We did fires in the back yard Friday and Saturday, so in addition to strawberry pie and strawberry shortcake there was also s'mores and we got some hard cider to enjoy while relaxing with the fire.  I think a good takeaway for me is switch to hard liquor/less sugar if enjoying an adult beverage and just have the roasted marshmallow but not the graham cracker and chocolate 🙂 

Hello everyone!!!  I had stayed the same as of Thursday morning, but then celebrated my 40th birthday on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and yesterday!  Definitely back on track this morning!  Ugh...My body is like in sugar, booze, carb hangover!  I feel drained and just want to sleep.  Isn't it crazy how our bodies really do hate bad food?!  

Pac..Think it was just me not paying attention.  Sounds like you had a good time with your

in-laws and enjoyed some good food on the 4th. Good job on eating better than you thought you would.

Mao..Happy belated Birthday wishes. Nice you got to celebrate for 4 days. Way it should be!  Yes don't

understand why "sugar" is bad for us. Taste so good!:classic_laugh:

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your week.

23 hours ago, Belle said:

Cruise42..Sorry I didn't pay attention and read it right. Glad you liked my post. Sometimes hard not to vent.

I hope you and family are doing well. Wishing I see you more in here. Miss you posting.  Take care.

Hope everyone had/having a good Sunday.  That it was a safe one and everyone is fine.

Still recovering from my dislocated shoulder. Have been diagnosed with Hill-Sachs impaction fracture and Rotator cuff tendonitis plus partial tears, edema, spurring.

Pac, ooh s'mores. So much yummy sugar. I would settle for the roast marshmallows too. 

Liz, glad you enjoyed your birthday. Good to be back to better eating. 

Belle, hope you're doing well. I'm so glad 4th of July is over. The boom, boom, boom from neighbors fireworks was positively deafening and scary as we have many empty grass fields in our area. 

Cruises42, sending you positives for healing.

Have a nice evening, Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1

cruise42..Oh so sorry. How are you feeling? Do you have lots of pain? Hope not.

Glad you came in, will send you good wishes for a quick healing.  How long

did they say it would take? Like I said hope it's quicker and you do better each day.

Diana..We to have someone in the neighborhood who always shoots them for a few days and this

year they were so much more and louder. The first :boom" I swear shook the whole neighborhood.

Hope no more tonight.  Plus they weren't allowed this year for the 1st time. They didn't listen.

Wonder if there listening and wearing masks or not.

Hope you didn't have any fires in any of the grass areas.

Hello on this Tuesday.  Anyone around?  Are you doing alright today?

This site is really getting slow. Is everyone tired of everything that's going on or not going on?

Not talking like we use to.  I'm still trying to be good but it's hard at this time not to eat our

emotions. Even if we do...Can't Give Up!

Hope everyone comes in and say how their doing.  Take care.

23 hours ago, Belle said:

cruise42..Oh so sorry. How are you feeling? Do you have lots of pain? Hope not.

Glad you came in, will send you good wishes for a quick healing.  How long

did they say it would take? Like I said hope it's quicker and you do better each day.

Diana..We to have someone in the neighborhood who always shoots them for a few days and this

year they were so much more and louder. The first :boom" I swear shook the whole neighborhood.

Hope no more tonight.  Plus they weren't allowed this year for the 1st time. They didn't listen.

Wonder if there listening and wearing masks or not.

Hope you didn't have any fires in any of the grass areas.

Not as much pain now except when I move it too much or too high (don't have a lot of mobility). Dr. didn't say how long it would take. Online it says 12-16 weeks but that is just for dislocated shoulder (not the problems I'm also diagnosed with).

cruise42 glad you have less pain at times, give you a little rest. Yes you have a lot of things going. Sorry.

Still I hope you get better each day and can get to very little pain in a short time. take care and I hope

you have family to help you.

• Like 1