7-2-20 Thursday Weigh-In..Happy 4th Of July And Belated Happy Canada Day

Belle

17 hours ago, Belle said:

Hello on this Tuesday.  Anyone around?  Are you doing alright today?

This site is really getting slow. Is everyone tired of everything that's going on or not going on?

Not talking like we use to.  I'm still trying to be good but it's hard at this time not to eat our

emotions. Even if we do...Can't Give Up!

Hope everyone comes in and say how their doing.  Take care.

I'm still here, but seriously considering backing off of social media (although I do enjoy this group).  I suspect some have dropped off due to no cruises so aren't coming to this site while others just need a break in general.

For the most part a mental switch flipped for me that I am now eating to fuel my body rather than feed my cravings/emotions.  I still want food to taste good, but most of the less healthy food just isn't as appealing.  I did have an exception yesterday when errands were taking longer than expected and I had been in a mask several hours longer than usual - between dehydration (can't sip water with the mask on), lack of oxygen/excess CO2, and it hitting supper time 😉 I was ready to buy some ice cream or other treats before checking out.  I was good though and stuck to my list - good thing because I still don't have freezer space.

I think I found a healthier go-to post Sam's Club supper too 🙂 In the past I would get a family pizza meal since I knew I wouldn't feel like cooking, but then was stressed because it was getting cold while trying to put things away and while it was food it really wasn't healthy.  Now I'm doing about 3/4 bag of shredded cabbage added to a bag of Beef and Broccoli, plus added a can of water chestnuts and a few scallions.  The beef and broccoli cooks while I'm putting stuff away and the vegetables only take a few minutes at the end of the cooking time.  Lots of veggies, lots of flavor, and a lot less stress😎

• Like 1

Belle, I'm here. I was busy with housework/laundry yesterday. Definitely tired of how things are now. But sadly we will be living like this for a long time. 

PAC, your post shopping dinner sounds great.

Hope everyone is doing well. 

PAC, I think you're right in that people are not on the boards as much. I think we are all coming to the realization that cruising will not resume any time soon. We put a hold on a cruise in January cruise but let it go. 

Hope everyone has a good day, Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1

Hello Pac and Diana

Pac..I hope you don't leave. It's good to read how good your doing. Plus giving food ideas.

It helps us all when people tell us how their losing and eating.

Diana..You were busy.  Ne not so much but did mow the lawn (weeds), Sorry you canceled

your cruise. Still have mine for April.  Just waiting and thinking positive. One's free and other

don't have pay till Jan.

• Thanks 1

Hello! Just catching up on the week's banter.  I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. Went off the rails big time with diet and while I have been doing some exercise, I think the wine, cocktails and treats of the last week will definitely do me in. Thank goodness I'm back home for a while so time to get back on track. Talk to you all tomorrow.