Deposits - Average time for refund

MarynaPav

Hi everyone, 

How much time does it take for Princess to return a refundable deposit if you cancell before payment deadline? 

I mean, during the pandemic. Is it always up to 90 or more days like a refund of a whole payment or there is a hope that it's gonna be faster? 

Cancelled today (November cruise, btw stil hoping it'll happen, just not comfortable to pay up the entire sum in August when situation not so clear). 

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I will give you 2 examples of clients cruises I have dealt with from Princess that are similar.

Cruise sailing date July 11, 2020. Client decided they were uncomfortable with cruising and cancelled cruise on March 21, 2020. Deposit of $200 returned to clients credit card on June 28, 2020.

Cruise sailing date August 16, 2020. Princess cancelled this cruise on May 6, 2020. I requested refund on clients behalf on May 13, 2020. Client still awaiting return of $200 deposit. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

we just cancelled a january cruise last Wednesday and only waited 5 days... Still waiting for our taxes on our March cruise that we cancelled March 13....CRAZY..

If you chose Option 1 - your taxes maybe in a holding account unless you asked for them to be refunded.

We had a July cruise that we cancelled in early April before the cruise line cancelled it in early May.

We received both our refundable deposit and one excursion we had paid for in late June. It took about a week less than 3 months. They were listed as separate transactions but showed up the same day.

2 hours ago, MarynaPav said:

Hi everyone, 

How much time does it take for Princess to return a refundable deposit if you cancell before payment deadline? 

I mean, during the pandemic. Is it always up to 90 or more days like a refund of a whole payment or there is a hope that it's gonna be faster? 

Cancelled today (November cruise, btw stil hoping it'll happen, just not comfortable to pay up the entire sum in August when situation not so clear). 

Wasn't your final payment date pushed back to sometime in September under Princess' Cruise with Confidence provisions?

Princess canceled our September 21 European Capitals Cruise on May 6th.

We opted for return of the money paid. I have $12,750 on deposit and have not yet received anything back

1 minute ago, pms4104 said:

Our cruise was for Sep 2020

We cancelled Apr 15

Ouir deposit refinded Jun 4  

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order of refunds.

Our cruise was before yours (July versus September) We cancelled April  3rd, 12 days before you.

Our deposit was refunded about 3 weeks later than yours.

And there seem to be people with even earlier cruises that are still waiting.

In February we booked an Alaska cruise-tour for this month (July 2020.)  We used some future cruise deposits for the down payment.  We cancelled the cruise on April 3rd and our future cruise deposit down payment was put back in our future cruise credit account almost immediately.  The additional deposit I had charged to my credit card before we cancelled was refunded back to my credit card account on June 23rd.  So, altogether it took 82 days from the date of cancellation for us to be made whole again.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Canceled my 11/5/20 cruise last Saturday 6/27 and card was refunded today. 

Wow, that was fast. Either they are getting much better, or you are incredibly lucky.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Wow, that was fast. Either they are getting much better, or you are incredibly lucky.

Hmm, well I am never lucky so I am thinking it is the former... they are getting better.

Of course now I am second guessing myself, because I had been making monthly payments until around April and had half of the cruise paid off.  If Princess cancels with their usual offer of double FCC I could have put twice the amount of my refund toward my October 2021 Pacific Princess 19-day transatlantic cruise.  I already did this with the prior sailing on 10/31/20 which was canceled.   Maybe I should rebook lol

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Well we haven’t even got the money back for our cancelled March 13 cruise yet let alone our deposit for July 3rd cruise. 

It really seems like there is no rhyme or reason to this. Within the last few days, I have read both posts that said their refund came only a week later  and ones like yours. (Ours came a week short of 3 months for a July cruise that we cancelled in early April about a month before Princess cancelled it.)

I notified out TA to cancel a b2b cruise scheduled for Feb 27 and March 6, 2020 by email June 20th.  She sent me a canceled booking notice on Monday the 22nd showing she canceled that day.  On Wednesday June 24th it was on my credit card with a June 23rd date.

Am still trying to get the total cost of a cruise I cancelled on March 9th straight (just the cruise cost; nothing else) because it was suppose to be all refunded but have not gotten everything back yet.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 4:04 AM, terry&mike said:

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I will give you 2 examples of clients cruises I have dealt with from Princess that are similar.

Cruise sailing date July 11, 2020. Client decided they were uncomfortable with cruising and cancelled cruise on March 21, 2020. Deposit of $200 returned to clients credit card on June 28, 2020.

Cruise sailing date August 16, 2020. Princess cancelled this cruise on May 6, 2020. I requested refund on clients behalf on May 13, 2020. Client still awaiting return of $200 deposit. 

In your first example of clients getting back their deposit, did they use an FCD or was it a cash deposit?

13 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

In your first example of clients getting back their deposit, did they use an FCD or was it a cash deposit?

In both instances the clients paid a "cash" deposit with their personal credit cards. 

I cancelled my October cruise 3/31/2020.  Initially I was told that I would receive a refund in 30 days...then it was 60 days.  At  60 days I was told that by a Princess Rep that they could not give me an expected date for my refund.  I then filed a dispute with my credit card company.  I received my refund within 2 weeks of filing my dispute.  

We had paid 20% refundable deposits for 6 cabins on a Mediterranean cruise in June 2021

I cancelled our bookings on 19th May 2020

Full refunds were received back on our credit cards on 29th May 2020