Some Good News

pinotlover

Just received word, via our TA, that Oceania has changed our PIF date for our upcoming January 2021 cruise. Our new PIF date will now be 90 days prior to sailing instead of 150 days prior. 😊

Very nice indeed! This is especially the case for us since we just made final payment on a November cruise ! If it doesn’t go, we can just roll it over to our January cruise. 

A happy Thread, instead of our all the gloom and doom ones! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Just received word, via our TA, that Oceania has changed our PIF date for our upcoming January 2021 cruise. Our new PIF date will now be 90 days prior to sailing instead of 150 days prior. 😊

Very nice indeed! This is especially the case for us since we just made final payment on a November cruise ! If it doesn’t go, we can just roll it over to our January cruise. 

Here is the notice:

OCI-LOGO-NVS.png

Guest Names:

Cruise: MARINA 19DEC2020

xxxxxxxx

Group #:

xxxxxxxx

Invoice #: xxxxxxx

Travel Agency: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Travel Agent: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

CONCERNING THE FINAL PAYMENT DATE EXTENSION

FOR YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

On behalf of your entire Oceania Cruises family, I hope you are doing well and that you are looking forward to the upcoming voyage as much as we are. We know what a great deal of planning goes into a journey such as this one and we are also acutely aware that travelers have more concerns than they did in the past.

To provide you with an added measure of flexibility and ultimate peace of mind, we are revising the Final Payment due date from 150 days prior to departure to 90 days prior to departure. This will provide you with an additional 60 days to finalize your travel plans without incurring any penalties.

A revised invoice will be issued in the coming days reflecting your new Final Payment date.

Should you have any questions regarding payment or any facet of your upcoming Oceania Cruises voyage, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
 Vice President of Guest Services

We have not made final payment for our Dec. sailing but due to FCC's most of our cruise is paid for.  Does anyone see an advantage to PIF before the due date?

Dan

Edited by dj_crusin

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

That's really interesting since we did not get a letter like that and we are on the same cruise only in December.  I wonder what made the difference between December and January cruises.

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

I know I should know this but what is PIF an acronym for? Final Payment?

Payment in Full!

19 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

That's really interesting since we did not get a letter like that and we are on the same cruise only in December.  I wonder what made the difference between December and January cruises.

Haven’t a clue! Perhaps your TA hasn’t forwarded it to you yet??

26 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

Maybe they are not as sure about the Dec sailing as they are about Jan sailing?

We just received notice that our December Insignia cruise is the same, 90 days which should be first week in September.  I am glad as I was struggling about whether to make it or not.  Maybe there will be more clarity by then.

As each day progress and you have to cancel cruises in the near future, you have to refund the customer's money or, maybe, give 125% of the cruise cost in FCC.  The former ties up resources while the latter reduces the value of future income.  They are aware that in the near future the ships will be capacity-controlled and there seem to be a greater demand than the limited supply.  Having their customer's money for 2 months (90 to 150 days) doesn't overcome the cost of processing refunds (or giving FCC's).  It seems to be a business decision to minimize some of their costs.  Canceling/refunds on this scale plays havoc with their cash flow.  I could be wrong, but when I look at their business model, that would be the way to minimize those huge movements in cash flow.   

• Like 2

Hmmm, my sister and I are on a 17 day Riviera sailing Dec. 3 and haven't gotten word of this from our TA.  We are also in a PH2.  We only have less than $400 in final payment, so it's no big deal, but wish there would be some consistency on O's part!

Donna

3 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Hmmm, my sister and I are on a 17 day Riviera sailing Dec. 3 and haven't gotten word of this from our TA.  We are also in a PH2.  We only have less than $400 in final payment, so it's no big deal, but wish there would be some consistency on O's part!

Donna

1.  I would call my TA! 

2. Pursuant to the published sailing board, the Riviera is not sailing again until December 20th. Your cruise is highly suspect of being canceled.

I’d take a look at the “when will things start back up “ thread if I were you.While that board posting is not written in stone, it’s probably the best current information we have.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, pinotlover said:

An Happy result just got  Good News from O  a $4700 reduction on a Asia cruise Feb 21 with same benefits, it pays to book on board with the price guarantees,With still time to cancel if necessary.  Now lets hope it sails ???  

53 minutes ago, roger b said:

An Happy result just got  Good News from O  a $4700 reduction on a Asia cruise Feb 21 with same benefits, it pays to book on board with the price guarantees,With still time to cancel if necessary.  Now lets hope it sails ???  

Good news Roger - happy sailing.

As posted, earlier in this thread, we received the email from Oceania via our Travel Agent.

I currently believe it is only to certain identified cruises to which it is addressed. It is not on the O website. If you have questions regarding your individual cruise, they would best be directed to your Travel Agent.

This is good news.  Thank you for sharing.  We are on Riviera in March but final payment is showing due in December 5th.  By my calculation, this is already 90 days out from embarkation day.  I'm wondering if they changed the final payment date for bookings made during the shut down...which is when we booked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 1:36 PM, dj_crusin said:

We have not made final payment for our Dec. sailing but due to FCC's most of our cruise is paid for.  Does anyone see an advantage to PIF before the due date?

Dan

No..

Jancruz1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:46 AM, jonthomas said:

Is this announcement of 90 days instead of 120 on the O website anywhere. We have 2 cruises booked with O but have not gotten any letter.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:28 PM, LHT28 said:

Maybe it is for cruises over 14 days  where FP  is 120 days

Cruises 14 days or less are 90 days for the FP

I'm pretty sure it's 150 days for the longer cruises. Yes, I just looked it up, Lyn I'm disappointed in you as you're usually never wrong, must be cabin fever from being cooped up. 😉 In all fairness that policy changed a year ago, it was probably 120 before that. 

"Bookings require a per person deposit of 20% of the applicable fare for Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites and $750 for all other suite/stateroom categories. For Grand Voyages, the per person deposit is $1,500. Bookings must deposit within 7 days of booking for bookings made more than 120 days from sailing, within 3 days of booking for bookings made between 91 and 120 days from sailing, and by the end of the booking day for bookings within 90 days of sailing. Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departure for voyages less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer."

23 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm pretty sure it's 150 days for the longer cruises. Yes, I just looked it up, Lyn I'm disappointed in you as you're usually never wrong, must be cabin fever from being cooped up. 😉 In all fairness that policy changed a year ago, it was probably 120 before that. 

OMG  I blame it on DH   spending too much time with him😲 

That is my story 😁

Yes  15 + day cruise it is 150 days for FP

But cancellation penalties kick in earlier  which people often assume is the same date  as the final payment

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Stay well