Windstar Week of Wanderlust Sale

Host Jazzbeau

Windstar [and all of the Xanterra brands] have just started a Week of Wanderlust Sale

And it's real – I have been looking at the April 15, 2021 Spanish Serenade cruise and SS1 cabins are $400 pp lower today than yesterday.  [DS are not on sale.]

I just booked!  This will replace the same itinerary on the same ship – Star Legend – that was cancelled when the Star Plus Initiative got delayed.  And at a big savings:  2021 prices are already lower than 2020 for this itinerary, the sale reduces it further, and Windstar had graciously given us 10% FCC on top of refunding our money for the cancelled cruise.  What a great introduction to Windstar!

• Like 2

It is definitely worth checking the sale out. The price reduction varies greatly from cruise to cruise.

Our 1 May 2021 Greece, Israel and Egypt cruise has a large price reduction - about $3000 lower (~27% less) for the two of us than our current price which was from a 7-for-7 sale. The 7-for-7 price was around $2K less than our original booking. Admittedly, this was a very expensive itinerary so they had room to work with it. 

On the other hand, the 27 Oct 2020 sailing of the same cruise doesn't look like it has been reduced much. The WoW price for it is slightly higher than the 7-for-7 price we had for 1 May before the current sale. I haven't been watching that one so I don't know how much of a reduction it is from the pre-sale price. My 6 Nov 2020 sailing is about $200 pp more than the price on the 7-for-7 that a booked a couple of weeks ago. 

Our 21 Jan 2021 Tahiti cruise is pretty much at the same price that we booked at (which wasn't a sale price but was lower than it's price in January).

21 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

It is definitely worth checking the sale out. The price reduction varies greatly from cruise to cruise.

We just booked a 7-for-7 cruise about 2 weeks ago. Can you call them and refare the booking with the W0W price? It's about $300pp less. We're semi-new to Windstar (last cruise in 1993, but they had us in their files!!!).

If your cruise is at least 90 days in the future,  you usually can. See their Price Assurance Policy:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/terms-conditions/#:~:text=WINDSTAR FARE PRICE ASSURANCE POLICY,Windstar at least 90 days

They have the option to compensate you one of several ways (fare reduction, OBC, etc.) but I've always gotten fare reductions.

Note, their process refares you buy canceling & rebooking you. One time, they messed up & changed our cabin so check the cabin number on the confirmation. There is a $50 cancelation fee but they make up for it by adding $50 OBC.

Edited by new_cruiser

21 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

If your cruise is at least 90 days in the future,  you usually can. See their Price Assurance Policy:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/terms-conditions/#:~:text=WINDSTAR FARE PRICE ASSURANCE POLICY,Windstar at least 90 days

They have the option to compensate you one of several ways (fare reduction, OBC, etc.) but I've always gotten fare reductions.

Note, their process refares you buy canceling & rebooking you. One time, they messed up & changed our cabin so check the cabin number on the confirmation. There is a $50 cancelation fee but they make up for it by adding $50 OBC.

Thanks for the info and the cabin number tip!

We received the updated financial statement from Windstar today confirming the new price.

Note: our original booking was done on board. Repricing means we lose the Welcome Home 5% discount and the small amount of OBC and bottle of wine for booking on board. Since the savings the first time we repriced was more than that, we were went for repricing. When the price drop is small, it might not be worth losing perks that applied to the earlier price. We still get the 5% Yacht Club discount.

• Like 1