accessing seabourn website from uk

uk69cruiser

It's been doing that for me for at least a couple of weeks now. 

Tried clearing cache etc but it's still happening.  : this is the URL  it directs to, whether I enter 'seabourn.com' or go via a search engine !    https://www.seabourn.com/en_US.html

Can see that it's defaulting to the US site each time, along with USD prices and US contact phone numbers.

I just tried it using Chrome and get the same result. 

There again it's also been telling me that Seabourn.com 'does not support Internet Explorer version 11 any longer' for months. I use Safari. 

edited to add - this is the message I get using the latest version of Chrome :

'It's time for a more modern browser. Unfortunately, Seabourn.com no longer supports Internet Explorer 11 or older. For the best user experience with images and website functionality, we recommend upgrading your browser to the latest version of Google Chrome. Thank you.'  

Thank goodness for my TA, if I had to rely on the website and it's atrocious functionality I would no longer be a Seabourn customter. 

Edited by Isklaar
added a sentence
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

Tried clearing cache etc but it's still happening.  : this is the URL  it directs to, whether I enter 'seabourn.com' or go via a search engine !    https://www.seabourn.com/en_US.html

Can see that it's defaulting to the US site each time, along with USD prices and US contact phone numbers.

I just tried it using Chrome and get the same result.

Even though we live in Canada, we prefer to book in USD.  I'd really like to see USD pricing or at least have the option to select currency on the SB website, but I get CAD by default.  So when I saw your link that defaults to USD for UK guests, I clicked and hoped for the best.  Alas it's not to be.  My pricing still defaulted to CAD.

I also get the browser warning ... which I've ignored for months!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:16 PM, uk69cruiser said:

What is wrong with the Seabourn website?. When it login it automatically defaults to US site with US fares instead of displaying UK£ fares and associated deals.

Has it been happening for a long time, or is it a recent thing?

After a Windows Update, my keyboard was automatically changed to a U.S. one. Fortunately I managed to change back. I dread Windows Updates.

3 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Seabourn.co.uk has always taken me to the US site, but it is in £ and not $.

So you're seeing the correct prices, ie in £,  but US contact phone number ? I'd be okay with that, it's frustrating seeing the wrong pricing. 

When it works for me I see the £ prices and the UK phone number.

When it's not working properly I see US $ prices and a US phone number. 

Today My Cruise History is in...German.

My Profile still does not have anything in it, nor any preferences option, and looking around further, the entire site is in German, but the prices are still in GB pounds sterling.