No Cruises for 2020?

krittykat

Maybe this has been addressed and I apologize if it has.

I just looked at NCL's website...there are no cruises available to book for 2020.

Is this indicative of cancellation of all cruises or just that they are going to sail with those they have booked?

24 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Probably a website issue. It has been happening here and there.

I am hoping that is the case. A couple weeks ago..both Nov and Dec were there but now they are grayed out

Let`s be honest, in 2020 there will be most likely only cruises in Europe(and also most likely only with EU citizens on board)

I can`t imagine that there will be any cruises from US ports in 2020 based on current situation.

Even if NCL still offers them they will most likely not sail.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, krittykat said:

Maybe this has been addressed and I apologize if it has.

I just looked at NCL's website...there are no cruises available to book for 2020.

Is this indicative of cancellation of all cruises or just that they are going to sail with those they have booked?

Are you looking at a specific ship? I’m able to see October, November and December availability. 

38 minutes ago, Embeazy1357 said:

Are you looking at a specific ship? I’m able to see October, November and December availability. 

This makes me feel much better now. I just checked again now it is there. This morning..it was grayed out. Glad it was just a system glitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krittykat said:

This makes me feel much better now. I just checked again now it is there. This morning..it was grayed out. Glad it was just a system glitch.

Sadly, no one knows what's going on.  Don't allow the few to change the true process of the cruising industry's actual progress.  

Please, look at the logistics of cruising as a whole.  Many cruises by many cruise lines have been cancelled due to C-19.  I understand that for many young people, this is outrageous but when you look at the world's numbers, it is too sad.  

The cruise lines will begin cruising when they are given permission to do so.  Not before.  It may be in Oct. 2020 or Oct. 2021, no one knows for sure.  

I hope it's sooner rather than later but I'm not the one in charge, nor is anyone else on this forum. 

Good luck, hope your cruise goes as planned. 

Cheers 🥃

Here in Germany it is enforced and already had the situation when some people stepping of the bus without wearing masked were stopped by the police and had to pay 20 Euros for not waering the mask on public transport.

There are only a few people not doing it,but it is relatively strictly enforced. Bus drivers don`t enforce it themselves,they are instructed to call the police.

I am convinced that if it would be enforced strictly and police would control it and people had to pay the effect would be there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, casofilia said:

I have just logged on in New Zealand and it shows 100 cruises during the 3 month period Oct-Dec

yeah won’t be happening 14 day quarantine at Government mandated hotel in Auckland for anyone entering NZ (including citizens)

Things seem to be changing by the day...weeks ago all seemed to be getting better...now..not so much.  

It will be very hard for cruise lines to make any kind of decision anytime soon and when they do , as other have said, it will take quite a while to get all the logistics done (possible port changes, staffing, ship re locations, etc. )

I’d be shocked if there were cruises out of the US in 2020.

With the pandemic still raging out of control, it doesn’t feel like it will be safe to resume travel anytime soon—especially aboard cruise ships, which have the reputation for spreading germs even in the best of times. Even if the pandemic is brought under control, economic uncertainty is going to keep a lot of people from putting up big bucks for vacations.

I hope that the picture looks better in 2021, but even that is far from certain.

It’ll be a while longer, but eventually it will be safe to cruise again—and when it is, it’ll going to feel especially great to do so. I can’t wait to be standing there on deck, drink in hand, watching the ship release its moorings, watching the swirling water as the thrusters push us back from the pier.

It’ll happen. We just have to be patient, be smart, wear our masks, and stay healthy.

Edited by dcipjr
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

I’d be shocked if there were cruises out of the US in 2020.
<snipped>

It’ll be a while longer, but eventually it will be safe to cruise again—and when it is, it’ll going to feel especially great to do so. I can’t wait to be standing there on deck, drink in hand, watching the ship release its moorings, watching the swirling water as the thrusters push us back from the pier.

^^^ This is what we all (or many of us) dream about. 

In my area, just recently, the city council has decided that opening things up more is a good thing, however, masks for most will be mandatory in indoor venues.  Shopping malls are just opening up and restaurants and bars have outdoor dining/drinking.

Our border opening has been delayed again until the end of July and there's talk that it may be extended until end of October.  It's all so "fly by the seat of your pants" right now, no one really knows what will come next.

I hope everyone stays healthy and can make it through this C-19 pandemic.  Wearing a mask isn't really so bad... honest.  Good luck everyone.

😉

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, adam_s_allen said:

I'm able to do mock bookings for 2020

The NCL website currently shows 89 different itineraries through the end of this year.  Most are Caribbean, a few are Europe, and there are even a couple of Tranatlantics.  Whether any or all of them actually sail is another question.  My wife and I are still hoping that our October Sky trip from Miami to the Bahamas is still a go.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, The Traveling Man said:

The NCL website currently shows 89 different itineraries through the end of this year.  Most are Caribbean, a few are Europe, and there are even a couple of Tranatlantics.  Whether any or all of them actually sail is another question.  My wife and I are still hoping that our October Sky trip from Miami to the Bahamas is still a go.

As the previous poster mentioned how are the Caribbean possible with the propensity to be leaving from ports out of Florida and Texas with mostly Americans going to work, they are in fantasy land.    

I think Disney is also crazy to be opening, but the US has interesting norms of behavior acceptance.

• Like 1

In March 2020, with this worldwide pandemic effecting travel, I always thought spring 2021, but talking in confidence to different trades connected with the cruise industry, it seems in stalemate, until a vaccine is available.

8 hours ago, CruzRamirez said:

I do not think that a COVID 19 vaccine, even one proven effective in clinical trials, is going to be the magical solution or the silver bullet that people think it will be.

You mean like the common flu vaccine we have that is very ineffective year to year?

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 4:09 AM, Love my butler said:

You mean like the common flu vaccine we have that is very ineffective year to year?

i agree there are so many million strands it doesnt actually work.  I never get one, and i wont be getting a covid vaccine either. 

44 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i agree there are so many million strands it doesnt actually work.  I never get one, and i wont be getting a covid vaccine either. 

I really think cruise lines will require it.

If they don't , there is no way I would go to the closed environment of a cruise ship for a couple of weeks knowing that there may be some who refuse to be vaccinated "just because of______________" (fill in the blank).  Any vaccine will not be 100% effective, but any effectiveness would be severely compromised by those symptomatic, asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic who spread it.

Nor would I expect millions of other potential cruisers to do the same.

• Like 1